KR Build 03 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:16 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
18%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 22
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 03 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - The true power was networking all along

Last week's results: 4.16 / 5 (31 votes)

Another fun episode. Cool metal wings.

I'm struggling a bit to verbalize why I like it though, other than it's mostly entertaining and it's not offensive.

As much as I enjoy it, I can't help but get these itches in the back of my mind. Things that are the seeds to being problems later if not uprooted now.

I guess my first problem is that they immediately dropped the girlfriend storyline from the last episode. Sure, you may go, "it's just an episodic story, what's the big deal?" My problem is that they took one of the major character defining stories for Banjou so far and just tossed it away. It's bad. Really bad. Like Banjou is going "Why don't you just let people die from Smash attacks" in this episode bad. He's lost characterization and comes off as a dumbass for it. Sure, he's characterized as obtuse, but even he should understand that it's important to save people from monsters. The Banjou from the previous episode certainly would think so.

More nitpicks. Why are they tying Banjou up again? And why doesn't Banjou ask Sento for help? Like nothing in the story connects with itself to form anything cohesive. It's just a series of gag scenarios, apparently.

Who wants to bet that there's a secret four organization for Japan's south?

So because of government propaganda, apparently people think Build is a criminal. Interested in seeing when this comes into the story, or if it's world building for world building sake. By contrast, in W when Wakana, the voice of the people, names W a Kamen Rider, it's emotionally meaningful to the heroes, since they're fans of her show.

Questions for the future: What's the mysterious black panel in the wall? Apparently finding all the Best Matches opens it. Is that Pandora's Box? And who is Misora?

I do like the characterization for Sento in that he ostensibly fights to be a good guy for good motivations. Like the smiling under the mask bit was nice. But overall, he's still such a cipher for me. Meanwhile, they contrast him with Banjou in a bizarre way, making it seem like Banjou's quest is selfish. Can't Banjou save Nabeshima's family for good reasons as well as for his own benefit? This is Kamen Rider, not Philosophy of Altruism 101.

One of the best parts of the episode was Banjou showing up Sento for the Best Match thing. Good. Part of why I want to watch this show is to see these two in their buddy comedy/drama. But Sento needs more characterization. We get that he's a nerd and is a bit out of touch, but there's something lacking about him. Ueda from Trick would be the perfect model for Sento. Ostensibly smart, but is often shown up by a common person because he gets high on his own hubris.

Cool, the bad guys so far are a bat and a snake.

4 out of 5 cogs. The pieces of a good show are there, but they don't feel like they connect properly. Stuff is constantly being introduced, and all we can do is hope there is payoff for them. Stuff from the past only connects loosely with the plot of the episode. The Nabeshima thing almost seems like an afterthought until the end of the episode when Banjou gets a big lead.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 03 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Hey, person who shouted that you don't need broken toys... What's up?? Care to tell the audience something?? Anyone can guess that you're the bat or maybe, a spider...

Alright episode, liking Misora.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

I swear to god, I know I the guys in charge are from Drama series, but the web they're weaving has gone far too wide for what is supposed to be a kid's show.

Maybe I'm wrong, that the kids over there love it, but damn.... so many loose threads atm.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I guess Banjous issues with Sento stem from the fact the Banjou thinks Sento is using Build as a means to an end to recover his memories and get revenge on whomever did the experimentation (which given Banjous character, he would do), while for Sento he isn't that concerned with it compared to saving people from Smash.

It's definitely more fun than Ghost and Ex-aid so far. I will also advocate the fact there is a lot of stuff going on, but as I've said many times before, I think we just have to accept that the pre-Christmas arc is going to be rushed to shit to push toys from now on.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

First off, god am i pleased that they visibly showed how people can get to one region to the next. that really ticked me off in the first episode. Hawk Gattling is awesome, i'm awaiting the DX bottles atm (even tho i don't have the belt yet, that's next month's purchase) I'm starting to enjoy the show more and more, and i do get the feeling much like everyone else that there is a great chance this show might fall flat after Christmas. my only gripe about the series so far is this, Please for the love of Toku make the CGI a little more fitting, I understand it's expensive but when you have a detailed suit like Builds, the CGI form looks out of place
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Also, do the Pacifist killbots not have live feed cams for recording battles? Because they should have worked out that Sento is Build after this episode.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Another good episode and decent pacing. HawkGatling is a nice form, and at least he's not rolling a die to summon little eagles.
Also the 10 through 100 was fun to hear from the Gatlinger. It's still a joy to see Sento making all his own gear.

We also get visual that in the good guys possession are 12 Fullbottles: Rabbit, Tank, Gorilla, Diamond, Taka, Gatling, Soujiki, Harinezumi, yellow bottle, gold bottle, a blue bottle with crossed swords, and Dragon.
This brings Build up to... 9 possible best matches.
And then In the enemy's possession are: some ship bottle (looks like a rocket), and we'll assume Night Rogue and Blood Stark use a Bat and Cobra thing respectively.

This will all play out interestingly enough, I hope. Same with the tri-government situations.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

3 episodes in and I am loving this series. It's been way too long since I've felt this positive about a KR series right from the start. Not bad for what could end up being the final Heisei series. Here's hoping things keep going strong.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

On the math expression shown in the episode title: it is a direct reference to the 3rd question of the 1990 International Mathematics Olympiad, as shown here: https://artofproblemsolving.com/wiki/in ... /Problem_3

The answer to that question is 3.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

The streak of 5s ends here for me. While still an enjoyable episode overall, a few things took me out.

Sento knew those peace-killer bots can record video, yet he appears before them as Sento. Why not henshin? Sure their feed may not be streaming back live, and since he blew them all to bits, he more or less covers his track. But still, secret identity Sento. Never enter battle in human form unless you want to get stab, oh wait. So if Misora can go idol mode and gather intel, what use is Sawa now? Also, commentating Sawa is a bit much. Build agreed.

And what's the time jump here? Few days after the last ep? Banjou seems to forget, lives come first. Then again, he's probably still upset over his loss that finding a resolution to all this madness is the priority. Which is understandable.

Night Rogue, always waiting by the phone. Seems to know Banjou's every move in advance.

Red snake man looks cool. And creepy minister dude has a full bottle. Same product design as Build.

I'm giving this a 4. For all its questionable aspect, the pacing and plot are still interesting. A mystery is good but scattered loose ends not so much. Here's hoping for the best.
Last edited by TokuCasual on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

njb wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:16 pm On the math expression shown in the episode title: it is a direct reference to the 3rd question of the 1990 International Mathematics Olympiad, as shown here: https://artofproblemsolving.com/wiki/in ... /Problem_3

The answer to that question is 3.
That's so cool. I was talking to my friend about the math used in the episode titles so far. He was annoyed that episode 2 was formatted incorrectly, as some bits of it should've been subscript.
Image VS the F-n=(-1)ⁿ⁺¹Fn written.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:16 pmCool, the bad guys so far are a bat and a snake.
I await for the spider.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

an enjoyable episode but I can's say Sento is my favorite main character. Sure he's fighting for a good reason which is to stop the smash, saving people on your own free will while not expecting a reward and smiling under the mask but there's something about him that's rubbing me in the wrong way.

This is a nitpick but I still don't get why they have to tie Ryuga up considering he is innocent, unless they're trying to keep him from doing his own thing which would put the group in harms way, which in all honesty they kinda will be in during Ryuga and reporter lady's attempt to go to Seito and were caught by the guardian robots, Sento went in untransformed against them when it was established that they are able to record their battles; Sento you fool, you effectively gave away your identity by transforming into Build in front of them. I want to smack you in the head for that unless you don't give a crap about your secret identity but you also do so when reporter lady, whose name I don't remember at the moment, found the lab basement. I have a headache trying to process all of this.

I wonder how come he doesn't notice the stickers in the full bottles that show the best matches.

Gentoku holding the rocket full bottle for some reason, and is aware of Bloodstark, who made a brief appearance this episode trying to get Nabeshima after he was defeated as the smash of the week, tells me that he's well aware of Faust and as I suspect might be the real identity of Night Rogue.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
HenshinForPie
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Phillip (sigh)
Favorite Actor?: James MacEvoy
Favorite Band: Florence and the Mac
My boom: Noragami
Quote: "Sometimes we all need to give in to the madness."
Nostalgia Critic-Kickassia
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by HenshinForPie »

I really enjoyed this episode, even though I was annoyed that it started with more "wacky antics." Once it slowed down, though, we got a lot of information. The three Prime Ministers (I forget their names) are all vying for power and do not want to reunite, the existence of Faust, and, of course, Gentoku is either a direct member of Faust or connected to them. I really liked the character development of Sento, showing him as a selfless and altruistic person despite his arrogance. It's a nice change from previous amnesiac characters I've seen, who are obsessed with reclaiming their memories and not much else. I was also VERY impressed by the camerawork in this episode. Some shots, especially the rotating pan of Sento transforming near the end, were amazing! This episode just looked sleek and cool from beginning to end!

As for cons, I do find it very odd that Ryuga has recovered from his girlfriend's death so quickly. I sure hope it's not brushed off, or even worse, forgotten about!

4/5 Full Bottles.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

After episode 3, I gotta say this. I have a really positive feeling about this show. It has all the elements to a good KR show, and who cares if it mimics some of past KR as long as we get a good season off it. I've been dying for a really good KR show since Gaim (Drive was somewhat good, Ghost's absolutely horrible and Ex-Aid is mediocre) and I really hope Build is the one.

Also, I really love the monster designs of Build. I really hope they resort less to recycling the monsters and have unique monsters appearing each episode. I know it's costly but god Ex-Aid recycles so much it hurts the show.

Also, the OP theme song for Build is now stuck repetitively in my head. Be the One, Be The one...
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”