KR Build 06 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:53 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
59%
☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 22
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 06 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Why don't we see Banjou jump out of a sewage drain Fugitive style?

Last week's results: 4.17 / 5 (23 votes)

That was a good episode. The stuff they did felt plot meaningful, it was fun, and it was good to see the relationship between Banjou and Sento improve.

But there were a lot of little things that made me scratch my head. I guess my main complaint about the episode is that it felt like a role-reversal. This time, it's Sento who becomes hot-headed and it's Banjou's turn to talk him down. And it was a good moment, but this comes just an episode after Banjou did some reckless stuff to clear his name. You can't have it both ways without some progression or some character growth inbetween. It just makes them look really inconsistent.

There's too much standing-around syndrome. Like why is Banjou standing around after being cured of the poison? He doesn't even try to punch Blood Stark, he just stands by and lets him go without trying anything. That's not something he'd do, knowing his character. There's also another part in the same scene where you see the henchmen robots standing around watching everything happen. It just makes it seem like they didn't think the entire scene through.

Stuff I noticed:
-What's Misora's stuffed toy? Looks like a Precure mascot
-Way to suck at stealth. First Banjou gets spotted, then the pet device alerts the guards? At least he can clean your blood if you get poisoned.
-Wait, why does turning the wall into diamond make it easier to smash? What???
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 06 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Perhaps the Nebula Gas was that brand-spanking new energy Japan wanted to harvest from the Box... While intriguing that the gas may unlock capabilities of being a Rider, wondering if Banjou may have to take more in later...

Alright episode. Misora's gotta be this SHT's new cutie to look out for.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

takenoko wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:53 pm But there were a lot of little things that made me scratch my head. I guess my main complaint about the episode is that it felt like a role-reversal. This time, it's Sento who becomes hot-headed and it's Banjou's turn to talk him down.
Disagree that this is inconsistent characterization. The camera lingers on Sento's face for a whole 3 seconds while he suffers PTSD/a mini panic attack. He's clearly out of sorts. Meanwhile, I imagine Master's words are still floating around in Banjou's head, so he's a little more rational and thoughtful of Sento.
takenoko wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:53 pm -Wait, why does turning the wall into diamond make it easier to smash? What???
Something something destabilizing the cement? Made it more brittle?

A good episode. I like how Sento and Banjou pretty much blow past their little spat and back into teamwork. Anime taught me men talk with their fists, after all. And judging by dragonbuddy's obnoxious (and loud!) jingle... Banjou's bottles will be Dragon and Samba. (・ヘ・?)

Definitely thinking Mr. Stark over there is Katsuragi, but unsure how the whole apartment scene went down. Sento was invited to the apartment, something went wrong, he's kidnapped, Katsuragi dies or is otherwise removed from his body (and into the suit?), then Banjou arrives and is arrested? Shrug.

So Nebula Gas is the raw form of the Smash element? Or just straight up interchangeable names now? Gonna guess it's Nebula Gas + some lucky genetic RNG = Rider henshin ability.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

When is Ryuuga ever the rational one? They both were experiment subjects, Ryuuga should be PTSDing along with Sento. But if they both had it at the same time, who would stop them???

Oh yeah, Sento seemed pretty dumb for freaking out about being pretty much the same thing as Smash monsters. You know they experimented on you. Aren't you supposed to be smart?

It's stuff like that which seems like the roles for the characters were reversed in this episode, since the freak out stuff fits better with Ryuuga's character. And the one being the stable, rational one fits Sento.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Another great episode. Love the Build ladies, despite not having much to do yet, they are at least fun to have around. Sento and Ryuuga role reversal is nice, from a character writing standpoint, as it proves they are both flawed, and ready to be developed. Blood Stark is awesome, and Gentoku, well now we know for sure. I wonder if his prime minister father knows. I do have issues with some bits, but most of the problems (little as they may) fall in the fault of the directing, rather than the script. Like how Sento kept switching his transformation on and off at pivotal moments. Or as said here, the robots in the lab were just standing around not knowing what to do with those captured victims.

The episode gave us a lot of information, but at the same time, it didn't feel rushed. And that's a good thing.

Another 5. Only 6 episodes in and we're already getting a lot of important plot points. If this was Ex-Aid, we'd still be seeing Doctors beating each other up. Cause, Gashat...
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

The equation this time refers to the Basel Problem. The sum 1/1+1/4+1/9+1/16+1/25+... where the denominators are perfect squares, is equal to pi^2/6.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm glad Faust moved the comfy retro chair for Rogue to sit on in their new base.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I read elsewhere that Tatsuya's story has changed, that originally he said that Sento disappeared on Sept 5th but now he says that he drove Sento to Katsuragi's place on the Sept 9th. I don't know if this is a script/actor slip up or if this is a sign that Tatsuya's story might be deliberately a lie, or a confused planted memory.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

That makes sense. Faust kidnapped him and changed his memories so Sento would have trouble finding the truth.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

Is this was true then Faust would be one super scary villain team! Sento would always have doubts on whether or not he was fighting the "correct" enemy.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

6 solid episodes in a row, can we go for 7?

Don't you just love it when your sentient belt is able to drain the poison from your body? Good thing that's possible or we'd have had a problem.
So 9 in the morning on September 5/9th, with Ryuuga showing up an hour later.
Takumi may not be dead.
Spoiler
Uh oh, Gentoku's got the gun. I guess he's Night Rogue.
Continually hoping that his little aide doesn't become Stark.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

resop2 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:22 am I read elsewhere that Tatsuya's story has changed, that originally he said that Sento disappeared on Sept 5th but now he says that he drove Sento to Katsuragi's place on the Sept 9th. I don't know if this is a script/actor slip up or if this is a sign that Tatsuya's story might be deliberately a lie, or a confused planted memory.
Huh? It definitely says September 5th in the captions and in our subs, where are you getting the 9th from?
syde
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Band: Metallica
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by syde »

Gotta say after 6th episode (to which I rarely do, I just gave up after 2 episodes with no better expectation lol),
I'm liking this series much better then the doctor/bug crap,

characters are well portrait as well,
it's been a while since i like the whole main cast especially one like Misora who have to act cute and not being annoying most of the time,
not sure what term they call for her role but i found the 'Poppy Pipopapo' crap annoying,

nothing new with the story so far,
guy lost a memory and how it is lost is somehow related to perhaps the main villain of the story,
i'm a fan of a movie with two guys (something like Pulp Fiction) so i'm digging the 'two men bros' thingy they put here in the series,

designs are ok I guess so far,
atleast much much better with the crap (sorry for the lot of crap usage) they put in Ex-Aid (again sorry for those who love Ex-Aid),
i mean honestly wtf are they thinking by putting a bike on a shoulder, just lazy imho,
anyway they got lots of combine variation but I wish they could have show more what they can actually do,
there's not much of a strategic implementation when Sento change (this is an actual problem i see in kamen rider series which have combination theme but it's nothing serious to be honest, just my nit pick lol) the combination but hey it's only been 6th episode,

I have a lot of expectation/hope (please..) to this one since i dont enjoy the previous installment.
Sorry about the dissing
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Another solid episode that gets a 4 from me. I would've given it a 5, but I had to dock a point for a few reasons:
*During the infiltration, Sento kept going in and out of his suit when it would've made much more sense to just stay in the suit the whole time.
*Sento freaking out that he's similar to the Smash. Not only does he know for a fact that Faust is responsible for what happened to him, but Banjou brought it up to him that morning. You're supposed to be a genius Sento, act like it.
*Banjou just letting Stark walk away without at least taking a swing (admittedly, he could simply be a little shaken from the poison).
*Banjou and Sento having their conversation while the prisoners are being grabbed by the bots just 5 feet way. The whole time, I was expecting them to finally end the convo and be ready to fight, only to see that they were all gone.

Also, in regards to the commercials, how come we never get Domino's commercials like that here in the states? Someone needs to talk to their marketing team.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:21 pm
resop2 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:22 am I read elsewhere that Tatsuya's story has changed, that originally he said that Sento disappeared on Sept 5th but now he says that he drove Sento to Katsuragi's place on the Sept 9th. I don't know if this is a script/actor slip up or if this is a sign that Tatsuya's story might be deliberately a lie, or a confused planted memory.
Huh? It definitely says September 5th in the captions and in our subs, where are you getting the 9th from?
Maybe the people who were posting elsewhere were looking at subs that were incorrect?

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”