KR Build 08 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:07 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 24
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 08 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Ryuuga, cosplayer extraordinaire

Last week's results: 4.18 / 5 (17 votes)

That was a surprisingly good episode of Build. I thought Sento actually was kind of sweet in his interactions with his... I mean Katsuragi's mom. And Ryuuga had some good moments, like when he received the construction suit.

But man, give Ryuuga's punches some special effects! Seeing Blood Stark be impressed by Ryuuga slapping him around was dumb. Don't be lazy about this! (Actually, thought the melee fighting in this episode was bad in general.)

What I'm starting to like is the mystery and intrigue. Like, I want to know what's going on with the Katsuragi family. Was Takumi set up to be a fall guy? Why was he working on Build? I just wish the drama tied better with Sento and Ryuuga who I still find wanting as characters. Again, Ryuuga cares about finding the USB stick to clear his name. If you want to cast doubt for Sento, bring in Master of have the little sister play that part.

That said, man did the heroes fail in this episode. First, how did rocket boy let his... I mean Katsuragi's mom get kidnapped in the first place. Just grab her and fly away like you did with Ryuuga at the end! Second, the only reason the heroes got the USB stick, after being followed by Stark and Night Rogue, was because Stark arbitrarily decided to let them have it. I don't think Stark is Takumi anymore. Maybe it's his dad?? The Dad was in episode 1 and now this episode, and he says a few lines at the beginning of the series. I'm ready for him to come into the story again.

So wait, I'm super confused by what being turned into a Smash does to a person. How does Takumi's mom remember them afterwards? Doesn't being turned into a Smash totally erase your memory? Come to think of it, isn't this super inconsistent? It killed Ryuuga's girlfriend, while it made Nabeshima forget his family.

Just noticed that both Stark and Night Rogue have weird penis protrusions coming out of their foreheads.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Build 08 released

Post by VerusMaya II »

Not everything is a penis, take!!!!! (I said this in another thread but I think they're smokestacks.)

Being turned into a Smash killed Ryuuga's girlfriend cos she was already ill, and Nabeshima forgot everything because he got a double dose. As Katsuragi only received one dose, presumably she just forgot the last couple hours of her memory. In the Nabeshima episode thread you even speculated that Sento's complete memory loss was due to a double dosage. Keep up!

My theory on Blood Stark's identity keeps waffling between Takumi-bodyswitched-with-Sato-Tarou and Soichi. On one hand, I feel like there's some subtle foreshadowing in the interactions between Sento and Katsuragi to imply some kind of relation (why else would Sento cry when eating the tamagoyaki?), but on the other, Stark's flippant personality is more of a match to Soichi and he still has his mysterious part time job. Either way, he has to have enough pull in order to calm Gentoku down and garner such trust. Once Stark explained that Sento can use the data better than they could, Gentoku barely put up a word of protest...

I kinda like seeing the heroes fail sometimes. It shows that yes, the villains can be properly threatening and occasionally outsmart the hero. It also builds character and determination in the heroes; how do they overcome their failures and mistakes?
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I can't keep up if there's something different each time! And I'm pretty sure Ryuuga's gf died because she was a weak female woman woman. It's like fridging the woman, but not understanding it's supposed to add to Ryuuga's character arc.

Mistakes are fine if you learn from them. But this is what? The third or fourth person that they had kidnapped under their noses? It's not fun to see the heroes luck into a victory, just because the bad guy feels sorry for them.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I thought it was odd that they had trouble getting out of the car's trunk. Since 2002, all new cars in the US are required to have an emergency trunk release lever. Is this safety feature unavailable in other countries?

Himuro is the Touto Prime Minister's son? This is just another example of how nepotism in government is a bad idea.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

takenoko wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:16 pm I can't keep up if there's something different each time! And I'm pretty sure Ryuuga's gf died because she was a weak female woman woman. It's like fridging the woman, but not understanding it's supposed to add to Ryuuga's character arc.
Again I say, at least they explained that she was sick. More than once in the ep before her death. So it wasn't just a "weak woman woman" without a hint of reasons. If anything her being weak is more of an opinion than a fact. She was strong to an extent. Til now she is still the only Smash to take control of herself. That's a fact.

And as explained, normal Smash have no memories of the hours before they were dosed. But they still retain all their memories prior to that. Double dosed = No memories. Sick or ill = Death.

As far as this episode itself, I love it. Another great episode. This is a solid 5. Sento moments with his mom was beautifully done. Banjou is not a clown either, despite dressing as one prior.

Katsuragi founded Faust in hopes of bringing his father back to life, Frankenstein style. But the rogue government have other plans. Katsuragi made a deal with the devil. Just as Faust is named after a real-life devil doctor. He was murdered, but just like Chucky, in his final breath, he transferred his consciousness into Sento, who had visited him that very day. Prior to Banjou's visitation.

Sento claimed Build was out of his intelligence, yet the USB of Katsuragi says otherwise. 'Secret Project Build'. Down to the very name.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

I have no idea what the math formula in the ep title is this time *cries in a corner*
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Verus apparently had a hell of a time writing it out, lol.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

pretty good episode

I think I see what people see in Sento, though I'm still not a big fan of him. As he shows more humanity in this episode than what I saw prior.

Is Katsuragi really a bad person? is he a victim of his own work if what his mother said is true? plus what is Project Build for?
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

My current theory is the Sento is Katsurigi's mind in the body of Satou in some JoJolion like scenario. Just based on his response to the egg dish.

Blood Stark still not making any sense. I wonder if he's Satou in Katsurigi's body?
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

After much reading, this show is pretty political. The cracks in the walls, like the foundation of the government. They don't want to unite, they want to dominate. Gentoku is committing treason.

Also, someone brought up a good point. This is FF7 material. Sento took in Takumi's mind like Cloud taking Zack's. Shinra using Mako energy to create Soldiers, as Faust using Nebula gas to create Smash. Soon an army of Build.

Wait til the Prime Minister finds out his son and Faust connection. This is exciting stuff.
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

Another amazing Build episode.

I loved the bank key bait that Katsuragi's mom used. I was totally expecting the cliche "I can totally trust this bad guy with my life" stuff, but was heavily pleased to find that she actually tricked them.

Sento crying on the tamagoyaki is quite interesting. Seems to imply a link between Sento and Katsuragi. Speaking of a link, Blood Stark is getting more and more interesting each episode. I feel like he's also related to Katsuragi in some way, or maybe at least with Sento.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I was getting W flashbacks with the USB Strip gimmick. I was hoping that Stark would call it a Gaia Memory.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

with the number of similarities Build has with Double, it wouldn't being surprising
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Will Misora start hitting Sento and Ryuuga upside the head with a slipper that magically has a relevant kanji written on it?

btw I am clueless on dialects. Does Misora speak Kansai-ben? She would seem to be the character type to do so.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ha. Nah, Misora just talks like a regular girl.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”