KyuuRanger Space.36 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:11 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆
14%
☆☆
14%
14%

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.36 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.72 / 5 (11 votes)

Alt title: I wish I were a Prince who had everything go my way

It's a Lucky episode. If you like seeing a guy live on a Willy Wonka planet and get all the power ups, then learn that he's a prince, then great. Otherwise, you might be like me and wish that something bad would happen to the dude so that he'd at least learn something or have some character development. It's just a pity to see this come after one of the stronger KyuuRanger episodes yet (and it still only got like a 3.72 in the votes)

Best part of the episode was the monster of the week.
Wish they did a bit more with the gimmick of his head coming off. Oh yeah, the bad lipsynching of the puppet was so bad that it was actually kind of funny to see.

Everything looks great visually. And Caesar is kind of a cool little toy. But otherwise kind of a soulless episode without any real stakes or urgency. The B plot about learning there's a barrier around the Jark Matter planet was mostly just setup.

I never noticed before that Spada and Balance look at each other and go "Huh?" if the lucky color is yellow.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: KyuuRanger Space.36 released

Post by ryujin »

You guys spell Rnager instead of Ranger on your torrents?, that's deliberate or something right, just noticed lol!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ryujin wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:06 am You guys spell Rnager instead of Ranger on your torrents?, that's deliberate or something right, just noticed lol!
Just a typo that kept getting repeated because of c/p. Fixed now
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

You can't change me! I'm my own man!
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

5/5

WOW!!! Lucky is the prince of Planet Cayenne of the Leo System

I guess Planet Ruz was from Leo Minor System after all

Caesar (a.k.a. Kojishi Voyager) joins the team

Well, let's wait for the next 2 weeks of Super Hero Time (what's the reason anyway?)

About errors:
06:25 - Champ's Text Font Error
06:35 - Cruz or Crux?

I cannot say this is error but, in 02:52 he said "I'm sorry" right, shouldn't be "I appreciate it" or "thanks"?
Because I heard "sumanai" is more like a double meaning of "sorry" or "thank you/thanks", I remember in Gokaiger Ep. 12 when Joe Gibken said to Kaoru "sumanai" means "thanks" after receiving Mojikara Disk from Tanba
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I can fix the errors when I get home. The sumanai thing I originally had as "thanks" but qc suggested going with "I'm sorry" instead. It's one of those things where sumanai can go either way depending on the situation. I'll think it over and decide if I want to change it back or not.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

dannydice64 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:49 am Well, let's wait for the next 2 weeks of Super Hero Time (what's the reason anyway?)
Long-distance relay race
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Oh god. Why did Lucky have to be a prince? How does he not remember being a prince despite clearly being old enough to remember is dad in the fancy garden?

Why do we get another shit robot powerup with a bazooka?
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

So Lucky was a prince, can't say I'm surprised if the flashback we got of young Lucky in a robe being an indication that he is some form or royalty.
Say Garu, when can we get a proper episode devoted to you since this episode seems to have a bit of focus on who Garu is to Lucky but that's about it
A little disappointed that the final mecha combination is KyurenOh with a pair of legs for a backpack, a new headpiece, and a little lion shoulder cannon but you got to sell the toys to the kids somehow.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yeah. Like it gives the impression that Garu and Lucky are supposed to be tight like Stinger/Champ and Naga/Balance, but other than being paired once or twice I don't really get it.

Reds typically don't buddy up with anyone though.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

dannydice64 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:49 am About errors:
06:25 - Champ's Text Font Error
06:35 - Cruz or Crux?

I cannot say this is error but, in 02:52 he said "I'm sorry" right, shouldn't be "I appreciate it" or "thanks"?
Because I heard "sumanai" is more like a double meaning of "sorry" or "thank you/thanks", I remember in Gokaiger Ep. 12 when Joe Gibken said to Kaoru "sumanai" means "thanks" after receiving Mojikara Disk from Tanba
Fixed the two errors, and I've decided to keep the "I'm sorry", since Lucky seems more mournful than grateful. It's like my linguistic professor said, language is made of three things. Words, grammar, and context. The third item is why machines are so bad at translation!

V2 coming along!
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

This show bounces between massive goofiness and heart-rending angst so fast that I often don't know what to feel. :P I have a suspicion though that by the end, Lucky will install a democracy and run off to go have fun somewhere. They've been signalling the Prince thing for a while now, but what really worries me is that his dad is going to turn out to be that Vice dude with the tubes on his head. Since we already had Stinger's big bro turn into eeebil big bro and then have his little bitty redemption scene, maybe I'm wrong and they'll go a different way with it. Maybe he'll be possessed like Tsubasa... uh... Jan.... uh, the gold rock star guy was.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:13 am
dannydice64 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:49 am Well, let's wait for the next 2 weeks of Super Hero Time (what's the reason anyway?)
Long-distance relay race
A relay race? Really? Blimey. That's certainly an interesting sport to preempt regularly scheduled programming with. :lol:
Kurokage X wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:08 am A little disappointed that the final mecha combination is KyurenOh with a pair of legs for a backpack, a new headpiece, and a little lion shoulder cannon but you got to sell the toys to the kids somehow.
Between this and Jyuohger, it seems like Bandai has started a new yearly event. Last year we got the Octopus as a late-series upgrade for the main robo, and this year we get Cesar Millan.

It's clearly to sell more toys, but at least from a story point of view it keeps the main robo from being so obviously outclassed after the mid-season upgrades and such.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i kinda wish naga had gotten a new voyager with his metal form.....

but yeah lucky IS lucky in this episode!
-discovers he is a prince.
-gets YET another personal mecha.
-learns he still has a family alive and well.
-MORE back store devoted to him.

i sorta like super kyuren-oh though. i half wonder if Ceasar was a srapped voyager concept that they liked enough to retro fit to kryuren-oh?
over all ... i sort of felt like the episode was a throw back to previous reds. theyve been princes or king r house heads before, so now is lucky and he has his private mecha that powers up the main original mecha. WHICH is usally reserved for the movie, but they did something different with the movie this year too. in any case, i dont mind the bazooka lion, after all go-busters had the missile pod frog yes? etetan?
ShepardRahl
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Yoshizawa Hitomi
Favorite Actor?: Dwayne Johnson
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Rider Belts
Quote: I will tell you something about anything...if not everything.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by ShepardRahl »

You sound stupid when you say "Alright, Lucky!"
Edgelord monster laying down some hard truths before he gets royally snuffed.
I will tell you something about anything...if not everything!

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”