KR Build 09 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:02 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
76%
☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 25
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 09 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Ryuuga and Misora go on a date

Last week's results: 4.69 / 5 (19 votes)

I think that's the best Build episode yet. It sort of addresses all my previous complaints. Ryuuga makes a boneheaded move in taking both him and Misora out in public (I get wanting to go with her, but you're a wanted murderer) but I appreciate it because it was in service to doing something nice for someone else.

Great character development for both Ryuuga and Misora. Misora actually seemed kind of cute in this episode for the first time. It's fun to see Ryuuga and Misora play off each other. And it makes sense for them to sympathize with each other, since they're both trapped by their circumstances.

They keep trying to set up the Ryuuga-Sento love/hate relationship, and that part still doesn't work for me. Like, as much as I praise the episode, the series is bogged down with exposition. The episode end with Misora's exposition fixing Ryuuga's feelings for Sento. Sento really should have been there in person so he can do it himself.

Speaking of which, the start of the episode with Katsuragi showing off Build looked like it was originally a Net henshin video that they filmed, but decided to plug into the episode to act as filler.

At least we're learning a bit about the villains. But still, it's annoying that things happen only because Stark deus ex machina's the situation. And the end, why did Kuwata explain his dastardly plan to Sento, then kill himself, while also dropping an info bomb. Dude, you're killing yourself to silence yourself, right? If you were going to do that anyway, don't kill yourself! I have so many questions about why that sequence played out that way.

Edit: Oh, I forgot the reveal that Takigawa Sawa is a traitor/double agent. I kind of wish they built up more of a trust or something between Sento and her so that this reveal would have more sting.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Build 09 released

Post by VerusMaya II »

A good episode. My one complaint is similar: I wish Misora wasn't the one explaining Sento's thought process and feelings to Ryuuga. It was fine the first time when Master did it, but doing it a second time is not acceptable. It's at the point now where Sento and Ryuuga need to talk it out themselves.

Also wondering why Gentoku so immediately backed down from pursuing Misora when Stark showed up. Just like he so quickly gave up in the last episode! Hardly a word of complaint from him. Gentoku must really trust Stark...
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

I was honestly going "Huh, we haven't seen that Journalist lady in awhile..." Then I gasped when I saw her next to Nanba...

I too find it interesting how much Gentoku seems to trust Stark. Stark is really going out of his way to make sure the main characters all stay alive and well.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm still torn about Starks identity. I feel like he is the owner, but at the same time surely Gentoku knows his identity?

Nice ending with the reporter I did think it was odd she was gone for a while. I'm really loving Build so far.

Also, Katsuragi's explanation of Build's name and his farewell match those of Build during his Ex-Aid appearance exactly, word for word, even the pauses. Check it out.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:16 am Also, Katsuragi's explanation of Build's name and his farewell match those of Build during his Ex-Aid appearance exactly, word for word, even the pauses. Check it out.
Oooh, I didn't notice that, intriguing. Future plot point or thrown away personality, only time will tell.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Draccy »

Sawa was allowed to do a "piece" on Build in the exchange that she not give up the identity/secret of Sento; so I'm taking it face value that only offering the images means she still cares about that aspect.
We'll see, though.
SmaphoWolf feels like it won't appear in the series, so wonder what side thing they'll do to debut it; but I'd love to have card set of all Build forms.

LionCleaner! Doesn't look bad as a form, but Soujiki is still my least favorite bottle.
Second time Fly thing has shown up, no recolor. Hmm.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I figured that the reporter has something up her sleeves but being a mole is interesting.
Seeing Ryuga and Misora going out on a date was interesting since it helps develop them though I would have like that Sento explain his motifs instead of relying on others to do the work for Sento in my honest opinion.
is it bad that I think a guy shaking a full bottle onto his head funnier than Sento shaking the bottles angrily? And the guy, as well as another of Sento's coworker, is a Faust member while the guy distracting Sento having said that Katsuragi is alive doesn't seem to surprise me since if a guy is introduce is dead, he must really be alive for later in the series
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:32 am
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:16 am Also, Katsuragi's explanation of Build's name and his farewell match those of Build during his Ex-Aid appearance exactly, word for word, even the pauses. Check it out.
Oooh, I didn't notice that, intriguing. Future plot point or thrown away personality, only time will tell.
I didn't watch Ghost, can someone fill me in on what happened?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Sorry, but they are talking about Ex-Aid, not Ghost.

When Build shows up to beat up Gemn, he explain the meaning of the word "to build" in the exact same way Katsuragi did in that episode. Either it's kind of the production thing, or it's another foreshadow that Katsuragi and Sento might be related somehow.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

That was an awesome episode! A solid 5 from me.

We got info on the belt and its true origin, Misora's past and source of ability, and on top of that we got Ryuuga and Misora character development. And on top of that, Sawa dark side? I dig it! When that scene came on, my jaw literally dropped. I was legit shock because it went into a direction I was hoping, but also didn't expect they would go there. I always had this feeling she'd make an interesting character on the opposit end. We'll see where this goes.

Sure, one can say they should have built her trust with team Build a bit more, but the way I see it, they could still do that now. I mean, only we the audience know about her secret. Now we're just waiting for Sento reaction when the day comes for them to find out about Sawa. This is one of those viewers knows things ahead of characters situation. Same with the whole Gentoku identity. And his under the table dealing with Nanba.

Speaking of Nanba, papa Katsuragi worked for them!? Once upon a time, by the symbol on his jacket in that family photo last episode. Seems Gentoku has two papas. Prime minister, and Nanba's head.

Oh, dead girlfriend return! I love it. Sure we didn't know her before her passing, but it's good to be reminded that her memories still live on with Ryuuga. She's still his motivation for vengeance. And he's still carrying her around, literally!

Now onto Sento, I feel it's somewhat justified, from a storytelling aspect that others had to reveal his feelings instead of himself because he doesn't seem to be the type to talk about his inner thinking. So it made sense.

And finally as many predicted, Takumi is alive!! (Inside Sento's mind)

Next episode, three leaders meet in person, with Faust in the mix. That should be fun. But as the news goes, we have to wait...What a drag.

Since we're putting a pause here, I'ma do a round-up statement. If the next 40 episodes will be as good as these 9 episodes, Build is gonna be my favorite Rider series of all time. Yes, beating Gaim!

Lastly, Katsuragi and Build literally does the same hand wave pose!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

This was the Misora cosplay episode so I am happy. Also, a cool heel reveal for Sawa. Will they use the week off to change the opening to put Sawa in it? Something is up with Misora and I don't think it can be explained by the bracelet. Her hitting a baseball so hard it burns through the netting? This wasn't even a comedy spot. I am surprised no one saw through Ryuuga's disguise though, he didn't look any different. He should have worn JD shades the whole time.
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)
Type: INFP Healer

Post by tr0jance »

Is it just me or was the Theme for ROH playing when Faust was discussing the Build System?
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

5/5

MAN!!! Full of plot twist in the story

Gentoku as Night Rogue (I know this is from the past episode but that's reasonable), I think he betrayed Touto unless... (for now time will tell)

Katsuragi Takumi is alive?! I have a feeling that he's Blood Stark since he know Ryuuga's Hazard Level, also I doubt Master was Blood Stark.

Jusaboro Nanba the CEO of Nanba Heavy Industries allies with Faust?! And Sawa is with him, she's spied Sento and obtained the information of Build all this time!

MAN!!! The stories, and elements of Masked Rider (Kamen Rider) are full of plot twists

- Rider Devices from an organization which later became evil (not all of them)
- Character(s) once allied with the heroes, later spied/betrayed them
- Rider Devices originally for evil purposes
- Kaijins/Gimmick Devices used for Power Ups/Forms

MAN!!! I had nothing to say (you can add if you want), good episode BTW
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Alt Title: Banchou Ryuuga

The formula in the ep title is Mihajlescu's Theorem. It just says that the only consecutive numbers that are perfect powers (numbers that you get after repeatedly multiplying one number by itself) are 8(=2x2x2) and 9(=3x3).

This ep was great. Takumi has got to be Sento or something, right? Maybe an alter ego? Or his brain was transplanted? I don't know...
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

idk if someone already posted a theory/guessing that theres high possibility that all of takumi's intelligence and some of his traits was ported into satou taro. surely i have no idea how they did it, if that were possible. surely some of takumi's behavior seems are present inside sento

pretty sure toei was successful in making their audience dying to know who is stark identity, but the thing that bugs me is gentoku seems to know that takumi is alive and that makes it weird or redundant about the whole search for takumi research data

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”