KR Build 12 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:21 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 22
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 12 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - That's how he gets the name Cross-Z? Are you kidding me???

Last week's results: 4.45 / 5 (20 votes)

In the moment I remember liking the episode, but it's like teflon. Stuff just sort of happens then it just bounces off my brain.

Can someone remind me why they were the the Nanba plant before?

Sawa's arc was actually pretty good? It seems kind of silly, but I liked Sawa's emotional moment at the end and having the theme song play in the background.

For the first time, I really liked glasses guy. I wish they gave him more characterization up to this point? (Fell in the water tropes)

In the basement, when Stark is fighting Night Rogue, why do the Riders start fighting him? Why not all gang up on Night Rogue?

If Night Rogue forgives Stark yet again, I'm going to lose it. Give it up, guy, he's just not into you!

I'm kind of mad at Toei for a couple reasons that are highlighted in this episode. First, pirates aren't popularly associated with bows. Why call it a pirate if you're not going to do something piratey. All you would need to do is change the bow to a cannon or something. There's no logic between the different themes, it's just a random grab bag of ideas! Build's best match system is just satisfying. Why is one random thing more better suited to another random thing? Hearing Sento talk about doing calculations to put a train and pirates together is the dumbest thing to listen to.

Second, Sento straight up pulls Cross-Z out of his ass. The only reasons he does that is because he saw the Build toy catalog, because that makes no fucking sense. It's a small moment of lazy writing that's representative of how things like this echo out into a less satisfying experience overall.

And while nothing in this show is subtle, I do like Sento's maniacal glee when he builds his bow and immediately goes "I want to use it on someone." Like he seems a second away from attacking Sawa. And that's good. We see the mad scientist in him and his lapses in morality.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Build 12 released

Post by Lunagel »

Marshmallow skin sounds delicious
astonwave

Post by astonwave »

Okay. For the love of everything that is holy. WHICH IS IT?! Is it Blood Stark? Or Blood Stalk? I only ask this because I've seen NUMEROUS people say "Stalk". Which makes sense 'cause of the weird fuckin' thing sticking out of the helmet's forehead. They're clearly saying "STARK" though, right guys... guys? I don't know why, but this just kinda bugged the fuck out of me for some reason.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

astonwave wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:51 pm Okay. For the love of everything that is holy. WHICH IS IT?! Is it Blood Stark? Or Blood Stalk? I only ask this because I've seen NUMEROUS people say "Stalk". Which makes sense 'cause of the weird fuckin' thing sticking out of the helmet's forehead. They're clearly saying "STARK" though, right guys... guys? I don't know why, but this just kinda bugged the fuck out of me for some reason.

viewtopic.php?p=251875#p251875
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

astonwave wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:51 pm Okay. For the love of everything that is holy. WHICH IS IT?! Is it Blood Stark? Or Blood Stalk? I only ask this because I've seen NUMEROUS people say "Stalk". Which makes sense 'cause of the weird fuckin' thing sticking out of the helmet's forehead.
Night Rogue has that thing too, boo boo, try again!

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/build/smash/04/
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/build/smash/09/
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

The episode title features the Riemann zeta function: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riemann_z ... ormat=true

That very equation has been mis-used by many people to "prove" that 1+2+3+...=-1/12.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Huh, no OP this week. I wonder if this was a one-off thing, or if they're going to pull an Ex-Aid and start toying with that again? (Unfortunately, Build's song isn't nearly as catchy as Excite)
takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:21 pmIn the moment I remember liking the episode, but it's like teflon. Stuff just sort of happens then it just bounces off my brain.
It's a very dense episode. A lot of stuff happens with little time for it to sink it. Heck, after last week's debut of Cross-Z, he's already thrown into the background this week for a Sento-focused episode.
In the basement, when Stark is fighting Night Rogue, why do the Riders start fighting him? Why not all gang up on Night Rogue?
If Night Rogue forgives Stark yet again, I'm going to lose it. Give it up, guy, he's just not into you!
The single most important thing in Ryuuga's life is proving his innocence, which he believes only Stark can do. So whenever given the opportunity, he's going to focus on Stark above all else.
Build's best match system is just satisfying.
I assume you meant unsatisfying? And yes, I agree. There's no theme to any of this, it's just random attributes. Fourze sort of had the same problem with its utility switches.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Only 40 more episodes before Decade 2: Electric Boogaloo
Well that ended up being timely. With the announcement that Akihito is abdicating in April of 2019, KR 2018-2019 will be the last Heisei series. It really will be the end of an era (again).:P
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Technically Build is the last "pure" Heisei since the next one will spill over into the next era
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Same thing happened with Black RX though right? People still call that a Showa series though.

Can't wait for Emperor Neo-Heisei to take the throne.

Looks like Utsumi is our first arc sacrifice? I only really got a glimpse of his character this episode so I don't really feel that bad about his death. I say death, he fell into a river in a non Inoue series so he may resurface later on.

Gentoku is hardcore though. When was the last time someone was shot with a gun in a rider series? Skull in Ws opening?

Also, why did they change Night Rogues undersuit to brown? I still shot undersuit looked like it was made out of a rubber material, which I assume was difficult to use in the action scenes, but couldn't they make a black material undersuit? The brown looks like shit and detracts from the silhouette of the costume.
astonwave

Post by astonwave »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:54 pm
astonwave wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:51 pm Okay. For the love of everything that is holy. WHICH IS IT?! Is it Blood Stark? Or Blood Stalk? I only ask this because I've seen NUMEROUS people say "Stalk". Which makes sense 'cause of the weird fuckin' thing sticking out of the helmet's forehead. They're clearly saying "STARK" though, right guys... guys? I don't know why, but this just kinda bugged the fuck out of me for some reason.

viewtopic.php?p=251875#p251875
Ah. Nice. Okay. That actually makes a little sense. I dunno why I didn't see that pinned before. Likely 'cause I'm just a casual browser here and don't pay too much attention outside of gathering new eps and replacements when a TL mistake is made.
astonwave

Post by astonwave »

takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:54 am
astonwave wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:51 pm Okay. For the love of everything that is holy. WHICH IS IT?! Is it Blood Stark? Or Blood Stalk? I only ask this because I've seen NUMEROUS people say "Stalk". Which makes sense 'cause of the weird fuckin' thing sticking out of the helmet's forehead.
Night Rogue has that thing too, boo boo, try again!

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/build/smash/04/
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/build/smash/09/
Huh. He does. Why don't I notice / focus attention on it too much then? *Headscratch*. It's weird. It's probably just my mind fucking with me.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I actually kind of like that they both have the horn, since it makes whatever Night Rogue and Blood Stark a category of their own. Kind of seems unsatisfying that there isn't a term for them, since they're not quite Riders but not quite Smash either.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

They're Steampunks®
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Kind of begs the question as to why they don't bother mass producing the Transteam system if they can go toe to toe with the riders.

I'm sure it'll be explained later on.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”