KyuuRanger Space.40 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:52 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
18%
64%

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.40 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 3.67 / 5 (9 votes)

Alt title: Desu Ball

That was the most boring episode in this age of man. I've watched a baseball drama before, so it's not the baseball. The major problem is that there isn't any dramatic tension till the episode is halfway over, and then, the main cause of it is just Spada hates baseball for no particular reason. Even the montage makes no effort to excite the viewer.

I feel bad for Spada's actor. He sounds like he's on the verge of tears narrating this episode, probably knowing that this will be all he gets from the series.

Speaking of lack of drama, the show really goes out of the way to show there's no stakes at all. It's easily the most brutal episode yet, with Lucky getting his arm broken by a baseball bat (don't try this at home, kids!), several members get shot with a machine gun outside their suits, and Tsurugi gets set on fire (any excuse to get that shirt off?).

All this leads me to wonder, why baseball? Was it just because they wanted some sort of sport that uses balls and baseball fits since it requires nine people? This is episode 40, we should be revving up the drama to lead to the last showdown, not making filler episodes. 1 out of 5 unlucky stars for me.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KyuuRanger Space.40 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Eri-Nyan, you should have quit this show and audition for other anime, or be Juri again for Tekken X Street Fighter.

I'd rather watch Leatherheads than this episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

But they've shown before that Baseball episodes can work. DaiRanger has a fantastic baseball episode that involves the DaiRangers counter cheating using their powers.

However, it works because it's against gag opponents who were designated reoccurring villains and wasn't done in the final stretch of episodes.
dannydice64
7X

Post by dannydice64 »

5/5

PLAY BALL!!!

Kyuuranger Hurricane, reminds me of Goranger Hurricane. Also, the first -kana names of Goranger are based of Cassiopeia

Errors:
20:09 - Font Color Error for Spada
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

because Goranger drew from the power of Cassiopeia for their ranger hurricane as Cassiopiea's energy was particularly effective against the black cross king. i'm like 100% certain that's why they homaged them in this episode.
which was fine ... EXCEPT!
-its not really or at all an anniversary year.
-late in series
and finally ... this was a Spada development episode. it felt so wasted and not worthy of him.

I DID like that Stinger was seemingly playing along but when the fighting started he was glad the baseball farce was over.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Poor Stinger...
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Oh boy. I just finally watched this episode. Normally I don't assign a 1 to any episode unless there are obvious production issues. But in this case I'm going to make an exception, as that script is an obvious issue.

I don't have anything particularly witty to add here. It had all the dramatic interest of a phone book and even less character development. Someone obviously thought they could do a fun baseball story, but man, did they drop the ball here...

In this recent run of episodes, this show has managed to extinguish any and all momentum from the Tsurugi and Orion arcs. Ugh.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah they were all like "Hey now we can finally go get Don Armage cause we know where he is!" and then *bam* throw the brakes on cause we need this kyuu tama and this ship and these muffins and etc etc it's just dragging on.

Also Don Armage is not doing so hot as big evil boss this series. We barely see him onscreen and most of the time it's just boring lackeys (or Madaako again). Can we get the Melon Prince back please?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:16 amIn this recent run of episodes, this show has managed to extinguish any and all momentum from the Tsurugi and Orion arcs. Ugh.
This show had momentum?
Lunagel wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:58 am Also Don Armage is not doing so hot as big evil boss this series.
Is anyone speculating on who or what Don Armage really is?
Lunagel wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:58 amCan we get the Melon Prince back please?
Toei can't even afford his full face, much less more screen time with the guy lol.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

takenoko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:59 am
ViRGE wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:16 amIn this recent run of episodes, this show has managed to extinguish any and all momentum from the Tsurugi and Orion arcs. Ugh.
This show had momentum?
Yes, you would have known if you had watched it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

So this isn't just a loose collection of barely connected bad comedy episodes? What a shocker.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:58 am Yeah they were all like "Hey now we can finally go get Don Armage cause we know where he is!" and then *bam* throw the brakes on cause we need this kyuu tama and this ship and these muffins and etc etc it's just dragging on.
To be fair, at only 40 episodes in they can't go to the big bad yet. That's the end of the series. However they could do a much better job on the build-up here.

I do appreciate that this arc has a point behind it; a goal. It's not a loose collection of MOTW episodes. But wow is it a weak arc.
takenoko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:59 amThis show had momentum?
For a short period of time there, yes.
Also Don Armage is not doing so hot as big evil boss this series.
The personification of all of the fear in the galaxy? I dunno. What's the most Star Wars-y thing they could do here?
takenoko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:31 am So this isn't just a loose collection of barely connected bad comedy episodes? What a shocker.
No no no, that's Kamen Rider. :P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:32 pm
takenoko wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:31 am So this isn't just a loose collection of barely connected bad comedy episodes? What a shocker.
No no no, that's Kamen Rider. :P
D'oh!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Is anyone speculating on who or what Don Armage really is?
It'll be something really unexpected. Like he's actually a collection of single celled organisms and is really angry about this. It'll be introduced in the final fight for some reason. It'll be great.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Well, it would be unexpected since we wouldn't expect them to pull something they used last year.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”