Where's the Kyuu VS Jyu movie?

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Where's the Kyuu VS Jyu movie?

Post by takenoko »

People are saying that there's no versus movie this time. Anyone hear anything more concrete?

I think I saw a headline say there's not going to be any more Super Hero Taisens either. Besides the cameos, those movies were never any good, so I'm glad to see them go.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Where's the Kyuu VS Jyu movie?

Post by Kurokage X »

About time they ended the SHT movies. As for Kyu vs Jyu, best we wait until Kyuranger is over before we can say we’re not getting it unless it’s post Kyuranger
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Huh. That's a really good question. Those movies have always come out in January, meaning if it was coming out any time soon, we would have heard about it by now.

I hope this is just a schedule shift. Getting rid of the annual VS movies entirely would be a damn shame.:(
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Maybe they are shelving the VS movies because every series now has a returns DVD?

I mean, I do like the VS movies, but the quality has dropped the last few years.

They can scrap the Taisen movies though. They haven't been good in years.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

We didn't get a versus for Gosei/Gokai although there was the SHT199 movie that kinda counted. Still, something should've been announced by now.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, the Versus tend to be one of the better toku movies of the year. At least, I tend to enjoy them.

I dread the summer movies though. I wish those would go away too...
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 am We didn't get a versus for Gosei/Gokai although there was the SHT199 movie that kinda counted. Still, something should've been announced by now.
Every 5 anniversary team gets a vs super sentai rather than a vs previous team. SHT 199 was that vs super sentai movie.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Greenstalker wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:46 am
Lunagel wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 am We didn't get a versus for Gosei/Gokai although there was the SHT199 movie that kinda counted. Still, something should've been announced by now.
Every 5 anniversary team gets a vs super sentai rather than a vs previous team. SHT 199 was that vs super sentai movie.
Except that Jyuoh got VS Ninninger (with random Sentai shit cameos that don't really count as a SS VS). Also Jyuoh got the SHT in addition to the VS, not instead of.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:43 am Yeah, the Versus tend to be one of the better toku movies of the year. At least, I tend to enjoy them.

I dread the summer movies though. I wish those would go away too...
Aye. Of the 3 theatrical releases they do every year, the VS movie is the strongest. Though I do also agree that the writing in the last few hasn't quite hit the highs of some of the best movies.

For a good deal of time these were V-Cinema releases rather than theatrical releases. So I'd be perfectly fine seeing them return to that format if necessary.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

There are some of reasons I gathered from Internet:

1/ Watanabe Tsurugi - Tusk's actor - was involved in a small bicycle accident, and he hit and run: http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/13864771/

2/ Kizu Takumi - Lucky's actor - and Okubo Sakurako - Hammie's actress - is dating, stay overnight together: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a ... unshun-ent

From 1/ and 2/, these actors now have their scandal, and maybe they have to limit their appearance on media.

3/ Recently, Shirakura Shinichiro - Toei’s Director of Planning and Production - announces the discontinuation of “Spring” movies for the Kamen Rider and Super Sentai franchises: http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/12/shi ... sen-films/

He mentioned on Super Hero Taisen and Rider VS movie. Although he didn't mention Super Sentai VS movie, but we can see there are no Super Sentai VS Movie next year.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

kangchan wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:36 pm 2/ Kizu Takumi - Lucky's actor - and Okubo Sakurako - Hammie's actress - is dating, stay overnight together: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a ... unshun-ent
Although I seriously doubt this is the reason for the lack of a VS movie (especially given the recent date), Japan's prudishness continues to amuse me. Only in population-declining Japan could dating be seen as a bad thing. :lol:

(Alt response: it sounds to me that Hammie's the one getting lucky this time :mrgreen: )
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

She's probably like "Don't you fucking dare yell yossha lucky while we're doing it"
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:06 pm She's probably like "Don't you fucking dare yell yossha lucky while we're doing it"
Well this has taken a dark turn. :shock: :lol:
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ViRGE wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:04 pm Although I seriously doubt this is the reason for the lack of a VS movie (especially given the recent date), Japan's prudishness continues to amuse me. Only in population-declining Japan could dating be seen as a bad thing. :lol:

(Alt response: it sounds to me that Hammie's the one getting lucky this time :mrgreen: )
That's because Japanese people want the idols seem attainable at all times. When the idols are going out with someone on dates, they get angry about it. It's in idol contracts that they can't date at all. That's also why you see news announcements about Japanese celebrities getting married and having kids years after the fact because they know the blowback they will get and usually have to apologize for finding happiness.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Phoenix512 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:28 am
ViRGE wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:04 pm Although I seriously doubt this is the reason for the lack of a VS movie (especially given the recent date), Japan's prudishness continues to amuse me. Only in population-declining Japan could dating be seen as a bad thing. :lol:

That's because Japanese people want the idols seem attainable at all times. When the idols are going out with someone on dates, they get angry about it. It's in idol contracts that they can't date at all. That's also why you see news announcements about Japanese celebrities getting married and having kids years after the fact because they know the blowback they will get and usually have to apologize for finding happiness.
That's genuinely sad on multiple levels. Not that the West and its paparazzi-driven star culture is the end-all be-all, but it's especially sad to have a culture that demonizes being happy.:(

(Meanwhile, it has occurred to me at that least the two of them can put the moves they learned from KyuuTama Dancing v1 to good use :shock: )

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”