KyuuRanger Space.44 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:15 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
15%
☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆
15%
☆☆
23%
15%

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KyuuRanger Space.44 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's results: 2.92 / 5 (12 votes)

Alt title: Lucky the Magnanimous Shares His Toys

You know, that was a decent episode for something that I was worried was going to be a clip show. Spada and Hame get to borrow some of Lucky's upgrades, Lucky didn't do anything annoying, the plot (such as it is) was moved forward.

Yeah, they recycled the Death Worm, but we also get to see all the powered up Rangers, and even a few special moves by KyuuRen-Oh. So the money saved went to a good place.

Alright, let's talk Hame's power up. I'm glad they did it, but couldn't they have spent even 5 seconds to show Lucky tossing her the KyuuTama? Some introduction to this would have been nice. Also, the choreography looks bad to me after she goes into moon mode. It almost felt like someone just went "Here Hame's actress, if you want more to do, dress up and act sexy".

Poor Hame and Raptor. I hope next year's ladies are treated better.
Spoiler
THank god, someone remembered to check that Jirou is still alive
Edit: Oh yeah, Cuervo is Don Armage. Aren't you shocked that Tsurugi's "good friend" is the last boss? What a twist. The emotions are palpable.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: KyuuRanger Space.44 released

Post by Yaiba »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:15 pm Also, the choreography looks bad to me after she goes into moon mode. It almost felt like someone just went "Here Hame's actress, if you want more to do, dress up and act sexy"
It's just another random Sailor Moon reference, though I agree the choreography execution is bad.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Oh yeah, Cuervo is Don Armage. Aren't you shocked that Tsurugi's "good friend" is the last boss? What a twist. The emotions are palpable.
With due respect to his personal situation, Daisuke Namikawa has been separated from playing young worrywarts and playing villians left and right. I wouldn't be surprised that his current villain role in the new GARO anime may have given the production crew this idea.

Nighttime Hame-chan, no. Just, no. Can we have a ex-JAV actress be in a toku production again, please??
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:37 pm Can we have a ex-JAV actress be in a toku production again, please??
But... the children!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ugh, cringe-worthy Sailor Moon reference. I thought we already had on of those with Raptor earlier (WHO AGAIN GETS SHAFTED THIS EPISODE)

Obvious twist is obvious. Still unimpressed with Don Armage and for fuck's sake will someone please tell us WHY the Earth has this massive amount of Planesium?
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Putting that aside, Tsurugi might be a goner T.T. (Come on, I can accept if he loses his powers but not death)

Man, despite his arrogance at first, I actually liked him for the joke that he wore black and red feather boa around his neck during the summer movie ending, Kyuulette Chance routine and disguises. There's even one in the previous episode.

But for real, why didn't they put on these power-ups before for the rest of the members and their roll calls too? Obviously I can see that non-human KyuuRanger (Raptor, Balance, Garou, Champ and Shou) did not have any power up version of themselves. Well, Shou might have an upgrade from an old ToQger suit but I would not count on that. Same goes for Balance and Garou have side effects from the lights of Hikari KyuuTama.

T.T
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

So Cuervo was Don Armage all along, who didn't see that coming. Oh wait the don is just using his body or is he just given the power of the Don. No matter the reason I say ok I see it coming.

and neat we remember we have the powerups, something I should have expected at this point. Why does Spada get Pega-san again and where were you Pega-san. We haven't seen you since the episode you debut in. now why must we have Hammie be suggestive, damn you sailor moon reference.

Now can we finish this series already, I think the series faulted long enough
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So Don Armage's spirit can possess bodies, which is the secret to his immortality?

Except they went back in time and killed him, and then killed him again a few episodes ago, so shouldn't Cuervo's body be destroyed already?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 am Except they went back in time and killed him, and then killed him again a few episodes ago, so shouldn't Cuervo's body be destroyed already?
Shhh, stop thinking about it. Just let your brain die it's slow, prolonged death and hope it comes back to life in time for Lupin VS Pat
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

assuming we do get that
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Hmm everyone is talking about sailormoon reference but noone realize dragonball reference?????
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Where?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm decently impressed that this wasn't a complete clip show.

I'm even somewhat impressed that they dedicated an episode to power-ups. Especially since they let people besides Lucky use some of them.

But did they have to bring back Pegasus?! That stupid thing wasted an early season episode, and now a good chunk of a late season episode as well. And the stunt choreography with Pegasus is always so bad.:(
Lunagel wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:30 am Ugh, cringe-worthy Sailor Moon reference. I thought we already had on of those with Raptor earlier (WHO AGAIN GETS SHAFTED THIS EPISODE)
It wasn't a terrible reference. Kind of forced, though. And then it went on for one joke too long with that spanking joke. :?
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:15 pm Edit: Oh yeah, Cuervo is Don Armage. Aren't you shocked that Tsurugi's "good friend" is the last boss? What a twist. The emotions are palpable.
The emotions may be palpable, but sadly the Emperor isn't Palpatine.:( :P

It's been foreshadowed to death, so no one here is surprised. At the same time at least it wasn't dropped on us with no warning. The problem is that the way it has been setup isn't very compelling. While a character without a backstory is lame, the series also hasn't done a good job of explaining why Cuervo being the Don is important. Sure, the fact that it's Tsurugi's former ally is a twist, but it's not a very satisfying twist since it's just a body-snatching case.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:17 pm
Catastrophe wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 am Except they went back in time and killed him, and then killed him again a few episodes ago, so shouldn't Cuervo's body be destroyed already?
Shhh, stop thinking about it. Just let your brain die it's slow, prolonged death and hope it comes back to life in time for Lupin VS Pat
Didn't they also mention again this episode that Don Armage can possess multiple bodies at the same time? Of course, it reeks of plot convenience, but it is not too far fetched that Cuervo is currently his main/last body.

Before the season started, wasn't it said that they intended the show really intended to break the regular Sentai mold? In what way has it actually done so?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”