Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger Promo (and Trailer!) Released

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Gallus Faberge
7X

Re: Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger Promo (and Trailer!) Released

Post by Gallus Faberge »

Hm.. i'm a smidge sceptical to the actors of the Lupins since they all have baby faces xD

Looking forward to the plot though!
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Re: Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger Promo (and Trailer!) Released

Post by locuas »

Gallus Faberge wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:49 am Hm.. i'm a smidge sceptical to the actors of the Lupins since they all have baby faces xD

Looking forward to the plot though!
Eh. I think it fits. the core theme of the show seems to be contrast between the two team. Lupins are thieves, Pats are cops. Lupins have sky vehicles, Pats have ground vehicles. Lupins objective is to fulfill their desires which means they selfish motives in contrast to the Pats, who seem to be Pats out of a sense of duty and responsibility to protect citizens (In other words, fighting is a means to an end for the Lupins, while for the Pats that is, in itself, the end)

In that sense, the Lupins may be supposed to be younger or, at the very least more immature than the more serious and grounded Pats.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Is it just me but PatRed reminds me of Gen-san from KR Drive lol!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hahaha, I think I thought that too in the back of my mind. But man is that uncanny when you compare the pics
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Apparently, if this person's translation is to be believed, even the actor for Genpachi agrees with this conversation.
The supporting comment being: "Even Taira Imata, who played Genpachi in Kamen Rider Drive thinks that Patren 1gou looks a lot like him! What are the odds!"

Taira Imata's source tweet that was linked there, while I'm at it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Maybe that was the type that they wanted when casting?

In all seriousness, from the images I've seen, they at least got the looks down correctly for casting each team.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Can I just point out how extremely similar some of the aspects of this series is compared something I posted here?

viewtopic.php?f=148&t=21799

Now I'm not saying they outright stole my idea, cause having two different Sentai's to form one team has been done before, but the last time I updated that thread was in September, and in October we got a copyright claim for Lupin vs Pat.

Following that, there's the three man team thing (again, nothing new but still) and there's the 'one member will be working for multiple factions' comment I read in an article talking about Lupin vs Pat.

It's just all too much to be a coincidence, ya know?

EDIT: (in Uncle's voice from Jackie Chan Adventures)

One more thing!

LupinRanger are thieves, so we can assume that they're in it for personal gain, right? That's literally in the first post I made.
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

"The series is written by Junko Komura (Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger, Kamen Rider Wizard) with Takaaki Utsumoniya (Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, Ressha Sentai ToQGer, Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger)"

Ugh, my hopes fell far, far, far..... down. Hopefully Takaaki will have a bigger input than Komura.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Since both guys worked on Zyouhger I am expecting this series to be funny with some fan service and implied yaoi. There will be some lose ends in the plot but they will be resolved in the movie.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Gallus Faberge wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:28 amUgh, my hopes fell far, far, far..... down. Hopefully Takaaki will have a bigger input than Komura.
Utsumoniya will, producers come off as higher on the chain than the writers; for better or for worse.

I think a slight correction needs to be made, though. Utsumoniya was Head producer on those shows mentioned and on Wizard but, Komura was only a sub-writer on Wizard writing episodes 2-3 (co-written with Head writer Tsuyoshi Kida), 5-9, 12-15, 20-21, 24-25, 28-29, 40-41, 44-47 (plus "In Magic Land") and the Wizard section of "The Fateful Sengoku Movie Great War". So while she worked on the show, she didn't kick Phoenix into the sun or the Myna bird/Bogeyman eps or the awful Wiseman plot.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Re: Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatoRanger Promo Released

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

Very good trailer. Makes me excited for the series :)
Lunagel wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:10 am Probably Pat-, I just c/p'd and didn't pay attention
You say that like it's something to be ashamed of.
resop2 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:14 pm Since both guys worked on Zyouhger I am expecting this series to be funny with some fan service and implied yaoi. There will be some lose ends in the plot but they will be resolved in the movie.
Oh dear god, I would be furious if they leave dangling loose ends for a separate movie to wrap up. It was bad enough they pulled that in Zyuohger but I will not accept them doing that again.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

FangTrigger wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:30 am Can I just point out how extremely similar some of the aspects of this series is compared something I posted here?

viewtopic.php?f=148&t=21799
I've also noticed the similarity; the concept of the three police/vigilantes/villains forces seem all but impossible to mark off as coincidental. I'm not sure whether to be mad at Toei for grabbing an idea from an unofficial forum or hopeful that they can learn from the fans to make a higher-quality Sentai season after the last few installments' issues, but either way they really needed to give some royalties/credit for this.

With that said, if "inspired a 50-episode TV season" can be put on a resume, it's going to look really good on it, especially after Saban brings said season into the mainstream. But this does feel pretty low for a TV giant like Toei.
Last edited by Mxylv on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I wouldn't read too much into it, they start designing toys and basic story for these shows a year in advance.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Ah, I’d missed that; thanks!
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Don't believe Lunas lies. Toei/Bandai spies are everywhere. Gaim was actually my idea.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”