KR Build 24 released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:58 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆☆
56%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build 24 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Alt title - Banjou and Otoya Best Match! Yay!

Last week's results: 4.2 / 5 (20 votes)

I really got caught up in the pacing of this episode (even though did we really need to see everything that Gentoku was doing in the 2 weeks he was gone? (Which is like a few days at most in the series, or maybe a week or so time skip because of the proxy fight. Still not that long.)

Best part of the episode is just having Otoya in the house and him and Banjou fighting.

I don't know why Misora and Sento keep getting paired up, but Misora is still one of the most endearing things about the show. I wonder... if you have a Pandora's Box... who's Pandora?

Also, it's called Pandora's Box. Don't fucking open it.

Why does everyone act like Hazard Trigger is the best thing? Sento's knocked out of it so easily.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Build 24 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

In light of Gentoku's flashbacks this episode and how they're parts of the upcoming Rogue miniseries, I don't like Toei's plan to move segments of story to home video exclusivity. One episode could be enough to detail a fall from grace, a training from hell and becoming Seito's new war machine, not a minisode from one home video set and another.

It's good that Seito has gotten an upperhand in this war arc as well as Soichi enjoying himself. Now, what's our last hope for next episode??
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm really starting to grow tied of Hazard Trigger. "Oh no I'll lose myself! But I have to use it!" has been repeated so much that it's a chore to watch now. Can we move on to the next power-up, please?

And to add insult to injury, as Takenoko has noted, Sento loses with it anyhow. In fact most of the last dozen episodes have been Sento getting his ass kicked in one way or another. It's fight after fight of the good guys (somehow) winning even though Sento has been utterly pulverized at this point. I suppose it's still better than the good guys winning all the time and making no progress. But at this point the fights are practically boring because you know Sento is just going to get his ass kicked in the end.

Otherwise it was just an okay episode; I don't hold it in very high regard. It's another slow episode with some pointless fights and fewer character moments than I'd care for. And since when could Barista Snake take on Sparkling Build, let alone Hazard Build?

However I will give the writers credit for that ending. That's quite the cliffhanger.:o
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:58 pm (even though did we really need to see everything that Gentoku was doing in the 2 weeks he was gone? (Which is like a few days at most in the series, or maybe a week or so time skip because of the proxy fight. Still not that long.)
Right?! Buddy, you've only been gone for a week. I'm sure it was a very unpleasant week, but he acts as if he was gone for months. And it was of his own volition! He's the one that went mad with power, got thrown out, and put himself through all of this.
I don't know why Misora and Sento keep getting paired up, but Misora is still one of the most endearing things about the show.
I've been wondering the same thing myself. For a while it seemed like they were always sending her out with Banjou, which as the de facto house arrest prisoners gave them a lot in common while their personalities had a nice contrast. I'm not sure what's going on with this recent change.
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

The CM of this episode is SD in all 3 torrent, I think
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm glad they at least had some flashback of punished Gentoku. I mean, most of it is going to be in the Rogue series but at least they bothered to explain some stuff. Still, I get the feeling this war arc is going to be similar to the previous with everyone jobbing. I mean, I buy Grease loosing to both Bros at the same time in the previous episode on account of the fact it was 2 on 1 and he just came from fighting Build for almost a whole day, but Grease and Charge shouldn't lose so easily 2 on 2.

Speaking of the Bros, I don't think they've even mentioned their names in series yet. I hated the Hokuto trio, but at least they had some characterisation.

Is Sawataris Miitan pillow self made, or did Soichi make offical merchandise?
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Dark Ren wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:07 am The CM of this episode is SD in all 3 torrent, I think
Whoops, I screwed up the encoding script file. Will put out a v2 cm for HD and HD720 soonish.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:11 am I'm glad they at least had some flashback of punished Gentoku. I mean, most of it is going to be in the Rogue series but at least they bothered to explain some stuff.
I guess it's good they did some background into what happened to him while he was gone, but it also meant the episode plot doesn't start until the 5 minute mark. And to get a bit meta, it's annoying knowing that this is probably an ad for the inevitable unnecessary Rogue spinoff.

What did the Snipe spinoff get us? A lot of stuff we already knew, plus Snipe had a friend who died who never makes an appearance in the main TV show?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

With the Snipe spin off, if you put scenes from the first and half of the 2nd into the show as flashbacks, it does flesh out Snipes character.

The Rogue spinoff is supposed to start with the formation of Faust. Again, something they should have inserted into the main show, but hopefully will flesh out Gentoku a bit. I preferred him when he was a government worker moonlighting as a terrorist than his Kick Hopper phase at the moment.
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Coto Pablo
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Sorbo
Favorite Band: Various
My boom: Henshin
Quote: "Life must be experienced, not taught."

Post by Sefiros »

Did anyone else think Rogue's definition of hell was exaggerated? Sure he was humiliated and beaten, but "hell" implies a much more brutal treatment or trial to go through. I just didn't buy it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Sefiros wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:06 am Did anyone else think Rogue's definition of hell was exaggerated? Sure he was humiliated and beaten, but "hell" implies a much more brutal treatment or trial to go through. I just didn't buy it.
Can't tell if character exaggerating or bad writing...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I mean, Yagurama went through the same thing and he became super edgy. They never explained what that was.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think the HBV Thread link points to the wiki instead of a thread.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

I'm wondering why Hazard Trigger + RabbitTank Sparkling hasn't happened yet. Is that can so bulky that the Trigger won't fit? (I haven't looked THAT closely at the Driver, admittedly.)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

resop2 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:51 pm I think the HBV Thread link points to the wiki instead of a thread.
Fixed
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:17 pm I'm wondering why Hazard Trigger + RabbitTank Sparkling hasn't happened yet. Is that can so bulky that the Trigger won't fit? (I haven't looked THAT closely at the Driver, admittedly.)
I think that's exactly the reason, actually.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”