Lupin VS Pat 07 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:35 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
60%
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 07 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.29/ 5 (14 votes)

Alt Title: It's a trap!

This week's item: It's a lamp, so a reference to Smokey from MagiRanger?

Weird CM breaks again. I don't know if it's the music guy or what, but it never feels like the transition into the CMs good. Has it always been this way and I never noticed before?

An alright Umika episode. At least it's a female character episode?

Still finding the show super entertaining. There's so many little touches which are nice. Like when the green one asks Umika out, you can see the blue guy turn around right beforehand in anticipation. So when she turns to him for help, he's already looking away.

In terms of gross implications in a kid's show, the monster of the week basically eats whole groups of people just to dissolve them in his stomach acid. And we only see the people from the last restaurant that's hit, so... RIP the people from the first restaurant, I guess?

Man, that's such a good cliffhanger.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Lupin VS Pat 07 Released!

Post by Lunagel »

Definitely a repaint of Smokey's lamp, I used to have the toy.

Whoooooo character development! It's nice that they go deeper into Umika's relationship with Shiho. Umika was such an adorable little elementary schooler.

The date was a little contrived but it was cute, and Sakuya being awkward was pretty funny. We're getting into Wizard level of ridiculous as to the switching of giant robot fights each episode but since Goody's a shared item I suppose there's not much they can do there.

This probably shouldn't be a surprise but we're 7 episodes in and I'm pretty damn sure that the robot has gotten more lines than Hilltop.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:37 pmThis probably shouldn't be a surprise but we're 7 episodes in and I'm pretty damn sure that the robot has gotten more lines than Hilltop.
I heard once elsewhere that Hilltop's actor also stars as a "regular host on a weekly talk show type thing for kids". So y'know, it's just that silly post-Wizard Utsunomiya casting people who can't commit again (With Wizard, it was Koyomi's idol actress; On Zyuohger, Bard's Kohei Murakami was apparently busy with a play and now this).
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Umika flashback!! Heartwarming before Zamigo happened.

Tsukasa-chan, amping up the game, aren't we? Well, make it so.

I really wanna cook steaks again, especially tomahawks. Thanks, Toei.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

Another nice episode. However Sakuya is really awkward, awkward to hear, awkward to look. I don't know if its his character or the actor, he's just really odd, like uniquely odd. Not that I have problems with it, I just find it fascinating. Probably an episode focus on him could bring a better perspective.

Btw, Shiho's actress is Haruna's, right ? From Garo ? And they have a nice reference to Sukeban Deka. I remember watched the one with Matsuura Aya.
Rashef
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W, Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 2
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Monkey Island

Post by Rashef »

I dig the way Tsukasa connected the odd quirky interaction of restaurant crew with Lupinrangers. It's subtle enough, yet accurate to IRL cop work, as some cases are solved by exactly those things that lead to other suspicion-connection-investigation. The MotW design I like as well... as it proved they CAN incorporate the safe without it sticking out like a sore thumb if they want to. :P
And finally bonus points for Umika(waiiiii). ;P
My Copyright Infringing folder with random assortment of ripped Kamen Rider SFX is found right... HERE.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Izanagi_Izanami12345 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:49 am Btw, Shiho's actress is Haruna's, right ? From Garo ? And they have a nice reference to Sukeban Deka. I remember watched the one with Matsuura Aya.
Right on both counts!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:37 pm We're getting into Wizard level of ridiculous as to the switching of giant robot fights each episode but since Goody's a shared item I suppose there's not much they can do there.
I guess it's the Directors way of making sure both teams get to do something? In a Lupin focused episode, the Pats still get to kill a Ganglar and vice versa.

Good catch by Tsukasa. You'd think that Lupin Red would be smarter to not act the same around the Police. I'm interested to see how they'll play this off and if they actually will discover their identities or the Lupins will come up with a way of finding a way out of it for a little while.
Smart Jason
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Ian Yorkland
Favorite Actor?: Konno Ayuri
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Revenge is sweet
Type: ESTJ Supervisor

Post by Smart Jason »

error report... 16:54, Umika's line "alright" is in yellow color
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Actual development! Actual development! How I missed you in Sentai

I like this episode. And we find out what’s the relation Umika has with her dead friend

It’s cute to see Sakuya & Umika go on a date as it complements Sakuya’s awkwardness. Too bad for him it’s ruined by a monster voiced by Goro Majima

It’s a little quick for the Tsukassa to suspect who the lupinrangers are personally though I appreciate them using the latter teams little banter be a potential giveaway from them.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's crazy, how did Tsukasa figure out these three people who barely mask themselves and wear the same colors and hang out with the same people are the most wanted criminals in Japan?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Lupin Red isn't is smart as he thinks and the playful nose pinching gave it away.

You'd think something called the 'Global Police' would have the ability to track any potential targets.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

So, the cat is starting to leave the bag. Curious to see how this will develop. The Patrangers seem to be developing a bit of respect for Team Lupin. Personally, I would like to see them becoming a little more cooperative. Sentai teams should fight alongside each other, not against each other, even if they are on opposite sides of the law. The obstructive legalist police sentai trying to arrest other heroes cliché has gotten stale with pretty much every single Deka crossover (other than Magi).
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Fat D wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:36 pm So, the cat is starting to leave the bag. Curious to see how this will develop. The Patrangers seem to be developing a bit of respect for Team Lupin. Personally, I would like to see them becoming a little more cooperative. Sentai teams should fight alongside each other, not against each other, even if they are on opposite sides of the law. The obstructive legalist police sentai trying to arrest other heroes cliché has gotten stale with pretty much every single Deka crossover (other than Magi).
I think the respect goes both ways. LupinRed has seen PatIchi do some pretty honorable and respectable stuff. I don't think the two teams are going to fight alongside eachother for while yet.

I mean Nigou was complaining about the date being ruined, he did get to third base with Umika.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:26 pm Lupin Red isn't is smart as he thinks and the playful nose pinching gave it away.

You'd think something called the 'Global Police' would have the ability to track any potential targets.
Don't forget about Kairi's habit of saying 'Arigachu' instead of Arigato as well. That is something not common for Japanese people to thank others.

I do agreed with Takenoko though how Tsukasa can figure things out quick. Well, like Catastrophe said, Kairi did not control his habit with nose pinching Umika was probably the trigger for the suspicions to arise.

This week's episode, well done. People said out what I wanted to said so no need repeating. Though RIP for the Steak house people. Looking forward for next episode as LupinRanger might be affected the most

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”