Lupin VS Pat 07 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:35 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
60%
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
Fluffylicious Panda
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Quote: There are 10 kinds of people in this world...
Those who Binary, and those who don't.

Re: Lupin VS Pat 07 Released!

Post by Fluffylicious Panda »

I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going...
Fluffylicious Panda
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Quote: There are 10 kinds of people in this world...
Those who Binary, and those who don't.

Post by Fluffylicious Panda »

Spoiler
I don't know what Green is complaining about. He got his wish, didn't he?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lol, you guys should post more jokes more often
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It'd actually be funny of Pat2 falls in love with Lupin Yellow now we know he's a bit of a womanizer and is torn between her and Umika not realising they are the same person.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I have mixed feelings about the preview. On one hand, it does up Tsukasa's stock as an elite cop that she was able to see through the Lupin's impenetrable disguises (in Japan, it is a cliche that if any part of your face is covered then people cannot recognize you), but it is also a venerable troupe that at least one cop should be friends with one of the phantom thieves and never suspect anything until the last couple of episodes.

Sayuka didn't get to third with Umika, he got to third with Lupin Yellow.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

resop2 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:38 pm in Japan, it is a cliche that if any part of your face is covered then people cannot recognize you
Pretty cliche outside of Japan too, just ask Clark Kent
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

I'm having a hard time getting behind Lupin Red. He looks like (or is styled to look like) an egotistical jerk, he goofs off all day while Blue and Yellow work, and his lack of professionalism and self awareness puts Tsukasa onto the Lupin's scent. If he has some sort of hidden talent that prevents Yellow and Blue from correcting him, I haven't seen it yet.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:36 pm
resop2 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:38 pm in Japan, it is a cliche that if any part of your face is covered then people cannot recognize you
Pretty cliche outside of Japan too, just ask Clark Kent
what does he have to do with this? do people often not recognize him without his glasses?
:lol:
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was a very enjoyable episode. I feel like it may have been a bit too much by the numbers for a Sentai focus episode, but it worked. We learned something important about Yellow and it wasn't pushed into the B-plot to focus on stupid red antics (heck, he even grew just a little bit in this episode!). Plus yellow's actress did a really good job carrying the heavy emotions the episode called for.

The fact that Yellow ended up using Green (and really the whole GSPO) to rescue her teammates was amusing. I do think it's a bit mean-spirited, but it's early enough in the series (and the teams are distant enough) to get away with it. Plus it gives the PatRangers something of value to do in this otherwise Lupin-focused episode.

The fight choreography was also on point for this episode. Nothing jaw-dropping, but both the ground and mecha fights were above par. And even though the yo-yo was primarily CGI, the physical action against it was effective.

Though poor Gauche's suit is already starting to show some wear & tear. When she's walking in you can clearly see that the seam along the right calf is no longer closing up correctly. And where did her awesome scat leitmotif go? We haven't heard it in a couple of episodes now. :(

Oh, and does anyone know the ages of the actors for Green and Yellow? Perhaps this is just me, but Green reads a bit old for her, to the point where at times the whole relationship shifts from being awkwardly cute to borderline creepy. (Which if they are 5+ years apart as I suspect, would be a shame, as it has the making of a good running gag for the series)

And of course it's Tsukasa that would finally put 2 and 2 together and recognize the Lupins in their civilian identities. She's clearly been set up to be the most competent of that trio, so it's a good example of that characterization.:)

(Yellow's teeth though... oh dear.:( I try not to rail on this too much since Western media goes to the other extreme in portraying dental perfection, but yellow's teeth are legitimately awful. As in, the problem is beyond mere cosmetics and there are clearly mechanical problems with her bite. It's obviously not causing her any big problems right now, but in the back of my mind I can't help but feel it's weird that in a wealthy post-industrial society like Japan, something like that wasn't treated when she was younger.)
takenoko wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:40 am It's crazy, how did Tsukasa figure out these three people who barely mask themselves and wear the same colors and hang out with the same people are the most wanted criminals in Japan?
To be fair, you wouldn't expect master thieves to have mundane day jobs. Thieving in any other context would be a full-time self-supporting occupation. And consequently, as a police officer you wouldn't analyze food service workers and expecting them to be expert criminals.

And without going off on a massive tangent here, having day jobs is a massive risk for the Lupins for precisely this reason; presuming Kogure didn't want them being discovered, he should have set them up so that they wouldn't need to work.
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:56 am
Lunagel wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:37 pm We're getting into Wizard level of ridiculous as to the switching of giant robot fights each episode but since Goody's a shared item I suppose there's not much they can do there.
I guess it's the Directors way of making sure both teams get to do something? In a Lupin focused episode, the Pats still get to kill a Ganglar and vice versa.
Yep. I'm not convinced that the writers couldn't do better, but it somewhat neatly avoids an episode being dominated by one team or another, which was the one real drawback to the first episode. It means they still need to come up with a reason every episode for why the other team gets to drive the robo, however that's probably neater than having to explain why said other team was almost entirely absent from an episode. In other words: messy, but likely a necessary evil.
Izanagi_Izanami12345 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:49 am Another nice episode. However Sakuya is really awkward, awkward to hear, awkward to look. I don't know if its his character or the actor, he's just really odd, like uniquely odd. Not that I have problems with it, I just find it fascinating. Probably an episode focus on him could bring a better perspective.
I have to imagine it's intentional. But I agree it may be a little too much. There's a character being a bit weird, and then a character who can't read social cues. The latter is intrinsically unpleasant given how humans socialize.
Fluffylicious Panda wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:24 am
Spoiler
I don't know what Green is complaining about. He got his wish, didn't he?
Thanks for that. I was starting to wonder why the heck everyone was suddenly talking about third base.:o
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Oh, and does anyone know the ages of the actors for Green and Yellow? Perhaps this is just me, but Green reads a bit old for her, to the point where at times the whole relationship shifts from being awkwardly cute to borderline creepy. (Which if they are 5+ years apart as I suspect, would be a shame, as it has the making of a good running gag for the series)

He's 23 and she's 18. Didn't think she was that young.

>And without going off on a massive tangent here, having day jobs is a massive risk for the Lupins for precisely this reason; presuming Kogure didn't want them being discovered, he should have set them up so that they wouldn't need to work.

Maybe Kogure doesn't actually have the backing of a rich master after all~
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:45 am (Yellow's teeth though... oh dear.:( I try not to rail on this too much since Western media goes to the other extreme in portraying dental perfection, but yellow's teeth are legitimately awful. As in, the problem is beyond mere cosmetics and there are clearly mechanical problems with her bite. It's obviously not causing her any big problems right now, but in the back of my mind I can't help but feel it's weird that in a wealthy post-industrial society like Japan, something like that wasn't treated when she was younger.)
Yellow (Kudo Haruka) graduated from being a teen idol right after she won the yellow audition. Having crooked teeth as an teen idol is considered cute (and even has a name: "yaeba").
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I really like this episode as we got to see more of Umika's backstory. It was really sweet until her friend died. The fight scenes were pretty good this episode too and I like the new finisher for Patkaiser.
And the Ganglar this week looks interesting, like a combination of an ant and an anteater, and it's probably just me, but when I first saw him from the back so did he look a bit like Pennywise from the 2017 IT movie.

Oh and we got that cliffhanger too. Making one curious about what will happen next episode.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

How in the hell is Tsukasa just NOW FIGURING THIS OUT AFTER 7 FAKING EPISODES!!! I mean seriously, YOUR A POLICE OFFICER!!! Anyone wanna run a brain scan on her???
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

WannaFantaMan wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:43 am How in the hell is Tsukasa just NOW FIGURING THIS OUT AFTER 7 FAKING EPISODES!!! I mean seriously, YOUR A POLICE OFFICER!!! Anyone wanna run a brain scan on her???
5 episodes.
Of which she has rarely had the chance of looking at the lupin's faces up close.
and of which they always had their faces covered.

And even then, the patrangers DID mention the looked familiar the first time they went to eat at the restaurant.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

https://twitter.com/queenachima/status/ ... 1034270721

An "MC" from Kudo (Lupin Yellow) Haruka's birthday fan club event. Background: Haruka had just performed in an unofficial unit called AAA with fellow Morning Musume.'17 members Ogata Haruna and Iikubo Hauna. AAA is "officially" supposed to refer to HarukA, HarunA, and HarunA, but it was also supposed to be a "small boobs" joke as well as evident from the MC.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”