Lupin VS Pat 11 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon May 07, 2018 2:08 am

☆☆☆☆☆
12%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
41%
☆☆
12%
6%

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 11 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.36/ 5 (14 votes)

Alt Title: Must have been real cheap filming it on the Tokai movie lot...

Alright episode? I liked seeing Tsukasa in a uniform, that's always nice. Dunno what I think of the genderbending. Sakuya pushing the monster into his breasts was kinda funny, I guess? I liked that they didn't need to change names for Tsukasa though, since she already has a dude's name. Oh, and the LupinRangers getting caught because they were laughing at Sakuya was also a pretty good moment.

I guess something I don't understand is why Sakuya is so far below Tsukasa and Keiichirou. If you're going to have a three person task force, why not hire three all at once? Why hire two, then hire a third person much later on? Were there no viable candidates before Sakuya? But it sounds like Sakuya had to train a really long time before he got hired. How long has the Ganglar problem existed? The whole Zamigo thing couldn't have been more than a year ago, thus no LupinRangers till recently.

Random first person mode running with LupinRed.

Loved the LupinRangers fighting with their Batman grapplehooks. More creative ways to fight like this please.

I get that the PatRangers are supposed to be a bit of the comedy relief. But doesn't it seem like they suffer a bit from the body horror stuff a bit too much? First they're all forced to combine into one person (why? Also, have they done that again recently?) and now their genitals are forcibly being added or removed against their wishes. Does the writer just sit around going "Hmmm, what can I do to the PatRangers this week?"
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Lupin VS Pat 11 Released!

Post by Lunagel »

That... was a bit of a trainwreck. I mean, there were good parts, and Sakuya's flashback was cute, but overall maybe a bit tone deaf? And the patting the genitals bit was much funnier in Magiranger.

But man, fuck your "woman's intuition". What kind of bullshit excuse is that? And the forced boob smothering of the mook was just awkward. Is this really what kids want to see?

Pitch Cock (hello awkward name)'s weird spell thing クジャリンパ (kujarinpa) is kujaku (peacock) + rinpa (a semi-magical word suffix) so Peacockazam. It'd be easier if the MOTW looked more like a peacock...

Hi random Toqger baddies?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I got a kick out of when the Patranger went to film their CM again and the music and narration just died when they came out. Or earlier when Sakuya was complaining about his breasts and the Lupins just shoot at them. They just don't care. :lol:

The mecha fight was also great, with the suits, sparks, and dirt flying when they used Hammer.
Spoiler
All in all, not bad.
Spoiler
Looking forward to what Arakawa Naruhisa brings to the table next week.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

If one wanted gender-bent officers this season, look no further.

This is filler.

For an organization sworn to defeating the Ganglar, I am not surprised that they've done nothing like research opportunities on other Lupin Collection pieces.

And to the Ganglar, four movies: Scarface, Godfather, Goodfellas and Departed. You want a real propaganda piece?? Do as they say and do.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:33 pm Pitch Cock (hello awkward name)'s weird spell thing クジャリンパ (kujarinpa) is kujaku (peacock) + rinpa (a semi-magical word suffix) so Peakazam. Not the greatest translation in the world but I think it gets the point across? It'd be easier if the MOTW looked more like a peacock...

Hi random Toqger baddies?
How about Peacockzam? Like you said, the motw doesn't really signal that he's a peacock very well (pretty poor design, not sure what his other motifs are even supposed to be).

I kind of like the Toqger mooks as the movie enemies though. It's a neat villain design.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Surprising this episode explored Sakuya's background on how he joined the police; it's something I wanted since the beginning and it's more than I had originally anticipated from this ep.

Hilltop's/Tsukasa's reactions at the end when Keichiirou thinks he's cool are golden.

A good 3/5.

EDIT: Collection piece is the Go-Onger's Go-Roader GT?
Behold the Emperor!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I was wondering whether it was that or one of the other car sentai items
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:08 amFirst they're all forced to combine into one person (why? Also, have they done that again recently?) and now their genitals are forcibly being added or removed against their wishes. Does the writer just sit around going "Hmmm, what can I do to the PatRangers this week?"
PatrenUgo was likely not the writer's call, the idea and pics came out prior to the episode so, that one's on the Head producer and Bandai.

This one though? Yeah, that's all on Kaori Kaneko.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:09 pm For an organization sworn to defeating the Ganglar, I am not surprised that they've done nothing like research opportunities on other Lupin Collection pieces.
It was mentioned in a earlier episode that HQ is working on that.

It was a bit odd that the suits somehow gained and lost skirts due to the gender swap.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pitchcock is a Hitchcock reference right? I just noticed that and the pitchfork so it made sense.

Kind of average episode otherwise. I prefer team bodyswap episodes. Did laugh at the 'Do weapons have genders' line though.
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:49 am Pitchcock is a Hitchcock reference right?
That and "pitch" in the sense of "pitching a movie/script". A fitting punny name.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Doubt they had that in mind honestly. It's Peacock + Hitchcock .
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

I wonder if changing actors for the gender-bent patrangers would have made the scenes less............ not funny.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I guess the humiliation factor of the gag is essentially that the character just has changed genitals and breast area, but are still the same person?

At least they future proofed for Gokai suits.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:08 am < Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.36/ 5 (14 votes)

Alt Title: Must have been real cheap filming it on the Tokai movie lot...

Alright episode? I liked seeing Tsukasa in a uniform, that's always nice. Dunno what I think of the genderbending. Sakuya pushing the monster into his breasts was kinda funny, I guess? I liked that they didn't need to change names for Tsukasa though, since she already has a dude's name. Oh, and the LupinRangers getting caught because they were laughing at Sakuya was also a pretty good moment.

I guess something I don't understand is why Sakuya is so far below Tsukasa and Keiichirou. If you're going to have a three person task force, why not hire three all at once? Why hire two, then hire a third person much later on? Were there no viable candidates before Sakuya? But it sounds like Sakuya had to train a really long time before he got hired. How long has the Ganglar problem existed? The whole Zamigo thing couldn't have been more than a year ago, thus no LupinRangers till recently.

Random first person mode running with LupinRed.

Loved the LupinRangers fighting with their Batman grapplehooks. More creative ways to fight like this please.

I get that the PatRangers are supposed to be a bit of the comedy relief. But doesn't it seem like they suffer a bit from the body horror stuff a bit too much? First they're all forced to combine into one person (why? Also, have they done that again recently?) and now their genitals are forcibly being added or removed against their wishes. Does the writer just sit around going "Hmmm, what can I do to the PatRangers this week?"
I agree that the cops needed one unified team. The gender bending was weird, but it was bound to happen at some point. I just wished it happened on both sides.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”