Lupin VS Pat 14 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon May 28, 2018 10:58 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
64%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 14 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.24/ 5 (12 votes)

Alt Title: PatRan Ichigou's Suit Actor is pretty hot

LOL, the sound effect when Keiichirou smiles. This episode was a real win for the PatRangers. They weren't humiliated or shown up by the LupinRangers, Kei does something pretty cool, and the vehicles they got have kind of a cool mechanic. I like the vehicle in vehicle gimmick.

Even the monsters were sorta of good. I really like the sheep monster, it takes something that's usually cute and makes it look kinda creepy. The porcupine one not so much, I didn't even know he was supposed to be spiky until they mention it. Again, this series' monster designs are real hit or miss for me. BTW, Ododo is just Ototo/little brother and the mofu sound that he makes and in his name is the Japanese onomatopoeia for sheep sounds. I think Togeno just comes from toge/spikes?

But yeah, if I were into guys, that policeman from Kei's memories was pretty good. It's funny to see what Kei strives to (but sorta fails) to achieve. Also, fun trivia, that actor's Takada Masashi, Patran Ichigou's suit actor. So it's double fitting. He's done a few unmasked cameos in other series, and was in a few Yabe Kenzou episodes.

Nice job with the 404 being the lock number foreshadowing the empty safe in Ododo.

Togeno throws a Nin Shuriken doesn't he?

Helmetless scene!

Oh... The crane entrance was cool and stuff, but part of the scene where the CGI crane drives by looks unfinished...

Great episode full of good moments.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Lupin VS Pat 14 Released!

Post by Lunagel »

More of Keiichirou being a hothead. I liked the kid totally shutting him down at the beginning, that was funny.

Not a lot of the LupinRangers this episode, more time for PatRanger spotlight. One of the Ganglars getting crushed under PatKaiser is frankly freaking hilarious.

New Donbei CM!
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Good use of error code 404 to let the thieves know that not everyone has a piece. Oh good, a Ninnin Shuriken. Y'know, people wanna forget that series.

How wise of the Ganglars of the week to manipulate the new VS Vehicle and leave a nasty surprise for the Patrangers. And Dogranio's main attack is a dimensional chainsaw out of nowhere. More please.

Nice use of a flashback to show that the Patrangers are really stupid in killing Ganglars with Collection pieces. Hey Jeeves, you should've notified your rangers about this little tidbit before they dealt with that MOTW who had that zyudenchi piece so that they can learn how to steal pieces quickly before the Pats shoot to kill.

Um, Pats, please be a little more coordinated with helping each other rather than admonishing each other
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I guess my question is, what the heck did the sheep brothers even do with those collection pieces. Did they drive them around? Did they put them in their safe and transform into vehicles like Transformers? So far, there's been this distinction between collection pieces for monsters and the stuff the Lupin/Pat use. We haven't really had monsters who just had vehicle pieces...
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

"Haha! I have poisoned Red!" aaaand most likely pierced his heart, lungs and at least one more vital organ...... he is super dead... no? just poisoned? okay.

I really liked how they showcased how insanely strong Dogranio is.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Sentai/Rider logic. The suit takes most of the blow. It's more than likely while Ichigo was pierced the suit sort of lessened how deep the needles really went.

Also. Tossing the Ninnin Shuriken everyone else wants to just toss it out of their memories.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The fact that the monster was crushed in a fight that the Pats lost makes it even funnier.

I think Keiichirou is how to do hotblooded Reds correctly. He's pretty straight for the most part but get's going in battle without the annoying quirks or catch phrases.

Also, I think the Collection piece the Lupins get is from Ninninger? Pretty telling that the Ganglar just throws it away without a care...
lennyhouston16
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gaim, OOO, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, W, Go-Busters

Post by lennyhouston16 »

This was the PatRanger episode I've been waiting for! Everyone has pretty much said what I want but I'm glad they actually got a serious serious episode centering around them. I feel like LupinRanger has been stealing the spotlight (yes pun intended) especially in the last couple of episodes.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Yay we have another Patranger episode and it's a good one. I like when the kid shuts Keichiro up by preferring the lupinrangers.

so the sheep Ganglar wants revenge because his brother got crushed by PatKaiser unknowingly, a bit funny but what were they going to do with those vehicles. and said vehicles defeated the sheep so neat
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

A really good episode and I'm glad that the Patrangers got an episode where they weren't ridiculed.

People say that Ododo is a sheep, but I think he looks like a wolf in sheep clothing, which makes sense as he pretended to be a victim attacked by Togeno.

It was really cool to see the new VS Vehicles too.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Cyborg-Lucario wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 amPeople say that Ododo is a sheep, but I think he looks like a wolf in sheep clothing, which makes sense as he pretended to be a victim attacked by Togeno.
You know, you're probably right. Just when I was liking a monster design, it still fails to convey what it's trying to convey, lol. Hmmm. But he keeps saying mofu which is a sheep sound though?
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

takenoko wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:48 am
Cyborg-Lucario wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 amPeople say that Ododo is a sheep, but I think he looks like a wolf in sheep clothing, which makes sense as he pretended to be a victim attacked by Togeno.
You know, you're probably right. Just when I was liking a monster design, it still fails to convey what it's trying to convey, lol. Hmmm. But he keeps saying mofu which is a sheep sound though?
Maybe he really likes to act like a sheep so much that he believes he is an actual sheep?
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

takenoko wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:58 pm
But yeah, if I were into guys, that policeman from Kei's memories was pretty good. It's funny to see what Kei strives to (but sorta fails) to achieve. Also, fun trivia, that actor's Takada Masashi, Patran Ichigou's suit actor. So it's double fitting. He's done a few unmasked cameos in other series, and was in a few Yabe Kenzou episodes.

Nice job with the 404 being the lock number foreshadowing the empty safe in Ododo.
That's some nice Trivia regarding the SuitActor, nice - thanks :D

lol didn't even pay that much attention to the Code, but that's indeed hilarious.

All in all a very good Episode, a Ganglar just randomly getting squished by an Mecha sure is something you don't see every Day.
The Team-up was also very great and the Plan was very well thought off, with Spiky never using the C-Piece apart from in a Flashback also was an nice Decision Story wise, and glad that the Piece he threw away wasn't part of the MechaCombi.

Bit dissapointed in the MonsterPower of the Sheep thou, it was nice the first Time for distraction, but it didn't really do anything Combat wise, apart from prolonging it a few Seconds, at least I couldn't find any Tactical advantage from using it.
Or maybe it's just that the flow of Actions was wrong, Spiky using the Needles while the Clouds were there distracting the Pats, them still pulling of a deflection, sheep getting staggered, Clouds getting destroyed, and Sheep getting finished off, would have been better in my Opinion.
And for a Master Assassin Spiky sure has terrible Aim :mrgreen:

My only Grief is that Keichiro just powered trough the Poison till the last Moment, the Suit gave up way to early for that, and with all the Adrenaline the Poison would just spread faster, and he was already pretty torn by it right after the Injection, would have been more believable if the Suit would have protected him a while longer. Specially when you consider that he got hit by 3 Needles, and the Sheep Ganglar was already staggered after just getting injected by a Single one...

Overall still a Strong Episode, and finally one for the Pat's, so 4/5.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Looking back I noticed something; throughout the series, the Lupinrangers made a big deal about getting the Collection pieces before the Patranger destroys them. But when the black sheep brother was crushed Crane was in his hands, and that's how it got buried.

If that can withstand the weight of a giant robot, then shouldn't the rest be just as durable?
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It does seem like the only thing that survives a battle is the safe, lol.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”