Lupin VS Pat 17 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:08 am

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 17 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.89/ 5 (9 votes)

Alt Title: Love is like a dream

I kind of like Keiichirou's portrayal here. It doesn't put him in the best light, but at least he took a stance and it showed he knows himself. Even if most people probably would have wanted him to go to the airport or at least give Mana a chance.

Do you guys think he was playing dumb on purpose?

Umika is the star again. Hey, why didn't the dream affect her the way it did the others? What exactly was her dream anyway, to be in high school again? Come to think of it, was there any point to the monster of the week putting everyone to sleep?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 17 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

An episode about a girl falling in love with Keiichirou? WACK. OK, it's endearing.

The Collection Piece is Red Mask's Masky Blade that can stretch body parts. Boy, would that sell with the male demographic.

There it is. Destra begging Zamigo for more info about the rangers’ VS Vehicles. What's up with you though, Zamigo?? Are you sizing up Destra to take him out and replace him as Dogranio's top muscle or are you like Jeeves with some sinister plan to screw over the Ganglars??

Oh, so the next episode is the rangers trying to unravel why Striker’s a bad wildcard. Hey thieves: Get Jeeves in front of Striker. That’ll spill the beans and if things get even more interesting, Jeeves’ true motives could be unveiled for a few seconds.
Last edited by TypicalStandUser on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's the Bringer Sword from Jetman? Thanks!
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

takenoko wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:08 am Do you guys think he was playing dumb on purpose?
People that are awkward with respect to romance tend to be in denial that anyone could ever see them as a love interest. As a result, Keiichirou had never considered the possibility. He doesn't believe Tsukasa and Sakuya when they try to convince him that Mana has feelings for him. There is no room for doubt after Umika explains to him what she learned after spending time with Mana. Knowing about her feelings made him a nervous wreck.

Unfortunately, the added pressure of Mana leaving to study abroad so soon was simply too much for Keiichirou to cope with. He chickened out at the end by refusing to say goodbye at the airport. His argument about being unable to handle a relationship along with his duties was logical but still an excuse. Umika didn't understand the logic but she could recognize that he was being a coward and didn't let him off the hook. We know this is the truth because Keiichirou admitted that Umika's words hurt.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

takenoko wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:14 pm It's the Bringer Sword from Jetman? Thanks!
I may have fracked on that one. It's Red Mask's Masky Blade. At the scene where Kogure describes the Piece, the Maskman logo's in it.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

A nice little piece of trivia: in flower language, marigold means "sadness at parting", which is quite fitting for the theme and I'm really surprised they were that subtle with it.
http://hananokotoba.com/kinsenka/
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So Umika saves the day by idol singing? (lol) Maybe they should have a cross-over with Pretty Cure instead of Kamen Rider?

It occurred to me the other day that since one of Kudo (Umika) Haruna's idol nicknames was "Duu" (as in "love me do"), that it might be more than a coincidence that the Lupin's catch phrase is "adieu".

As for why Umika was in the dream, she could claim that Sayaka had willed a NPC who looked like Umika into the dreamworld so that she could sign his photobook. (Trivia fact: Kudo Haruka has released four solo photobooks so far. The first one she released when she was 13 with her saying she wanted to prove that she had confidence in her girlishness.)

That doesn't explain why Umika didn't lose focus when she went into dreamworld. It would be in character for her to dream of her friend at the school. Maybe they could say that the tragedy had erased all of the Lupin's dreams?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I feel like the mishmash of the dream world and the unrequited love plots didn't blend well. Like they needed an excuse for K-man to not make it to the airport when he decided not to go anyway.

Why wasn't Yellow affected?
swb90
Go Go!

Post by swb90 »

anyone knows of the song that they played?
Secret Feelings...it's really nice!
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

swb90 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:47 pm anyone knows of the song that they played?
Secret Feelings...it's really nice!
Looks like it was an original song they made for the show, but it's getting released on CD soon: http://amzn.asia/9Jzy1KY
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

So I'm going to assume people know what ego and id and all Freud stuff for sake of me writing many paragraphs at 1:30am. Umika was affected by the attack but not the way the Monster would've wanted.

Umika's immediate dream, the one that was on the surface of her conscious mind before getting hit with the attack, was to get Keiichrou and Mana together. The only way she was going to accomplish that dream was to beat the Monster, the only way to get out of the dream was break it from the inside. Her mind figured all of that out quickly and she was able to focus on her ego to get one of the Pats to break the dream world by breaking their dream. The reason she was in her High School outfight was from her id. Her dream to bring back her High School friend. If she was attacked on any other episode (or if any of the Lupins were hit this episode by the attack.) They would be in a world where their lost one is returned and they are happy again. If Umika stayed in her part of the dream world we may have seen her friend appear and may have been stuck.

I think Episode 18 without any hint of the 'extra' ranger or an extra ranger arc is the longest we've gone in a long time. HououSoldier showed up in Episdoe 21 but his whole arc took four or five episodes to get together. At least it wasn't Ninin or Kyouryu who introduced them before Episode 10.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Sounds like a better explanation than anything. The school girl outfit almost seems like there was some scenes that got cut for time or money. I imagine Umika's real dream was to bring back her friend, but they couldn't get the actress to guest last minute or something.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i think Mana and Keichiro DID recieve each others feelings, and understood how each other felt. its was just everyone else making it seem like he didnt. but now Keichiro is suspecious of Lupinrangers IDs and rightly so since if they saw everyone elses dreams, and only Yellow was asleep and umika ... unless Keichiro wonders if he has feelings for Umika? Might be an interesting triangle and sub plot. But i only think this because he suggested "Secret Feelings", and played off a bit too much to his friends that he was oblivious.
lol Tsukakasa's dream was being in a plushie pool!

ALSO! I wonder how many Ichigeki Strikes they can do and PatranUgo? as wouldnt it have made sense to have stayed in that form and shot Nari--- Gousche? or even distract her and collect the broken safe for further examination?
As a final thought i wonder if they have Ugo costumes with Nigo and Sango in the middle? or if it has to simply be Red in the center each time?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think there are two possible excuses Umika could use for why she was in Dreamworld:

(1) She was there, but it's because she was out searching for Keichiro to tell him off and ran into the Ganglar by accident. The location where she fell wasn't close to the man battle scene which is why they didn't see her.

(2) She wasn't there, she was just summoned up by Sayaka and Keichiro since Sayaka fanboys her and Keichiro secretly wanted Umika to scold him.

And, in both cases, they didn't run into Yellow since her wish is not to get caught by the Pat-Rangers.

As for Naria-Gousche, they could start a running gag: Since the Pat-Rangers are studying the blown up safes, each week they could try a different trick to keep Gousche from using Genis-sama's cells to supersize the monster. They could:

1) Throw a wooden stake into the safe (as if the Ganglars were vampires).
2) Put the safe in a cage.
3) Disguise the safe as a plushie doll.
4) Throw out a dozen blown up safes to see if Gousche could pick the correct one out.
5) Throw the safe to a waiting escape car to whisk it away from Gousche's sight.

Of course, none of the plans would work, but it would make it look like they were trying.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Gauche. It's French for "left"

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”