Lupin VS Pat 19 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:38 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
14%
☆☆☆☆
64%
☆☆☆
21%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 19 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.36/ 5 (11 votes)

Alt Title: That green guy gets fired

Here comes the trope of the hard ass commander who comes in and ruins the team dynamic of the police force. The one they had in Drive was magnificence. This guy was okay for an episode.

Did Sakuya seem more hot-blooded in this episode than usual? His character is usually so laid back.

It was definitely a Pat episode, but the Lupins made their presence known. I particularly like the way blue just stood around being smug and cool about everything.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 19 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Hey, it’s Aijima Kazuyaki/Councilor Tamaki from Yabe Kenzou Season 2!!

Dang, Sakuya-san. Insubordination right in front of someone who’s encountered the most incompetent and most churlish detective a long time ago!

How is it that the Global Police have no gadgets to detect cloaked persons? Can I talk to your accountants??

The Collection Piece is a recolored Gekifan. Kinda easy considering the bat part of the Piece is there.

Good episode. The thieves helping out Sakuya was nice.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

What the flipping heck is that release image!? I feel like I'm being hypnotically enslaved by some sort of demon queen.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty good episode. I think Pat 2 is the least interesting character but he was pretty good this episode. It was nice that Hilltop was in it quite a bit as well. I think this is the most he's done in an episode?

How did the giant monster turn invisible if it was his collection piece that let him do it? I get the feeling that the writers sometimes forget that some Ganglars have a collection piece power and a normal power and others don't.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I never really was able to get into a Sentai before. But the music whenever PatKaiser appears makes me hype.

It's the main reason why I prefer Pat episodes over Lupin episodes.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:33 pm How did the giant monster turn invisible if it was his collection piece that let him do it? I get the feeling that the writers sometimes forget that some Ganglars have a collection piece power and a normal power and others don't.
The Collection piece's power was just the cutting wind. Turning invisible was in fact his own thing.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Um, why a somber looking close-up of Haruka Kudo?? Is she trying out contacts or something??
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

Pretty good episode. Great story and great motivation for Sakuya.

Not sure I'll like the new Ranger next episode, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

Finally, naughty TV-Nihon, cheating and only typing LVSP on the main page :D
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Why do people hate the front page image! I think it's neat, it makes her look like a doll.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:38 pm Why do people hate the front page image! I think it's neat, it makes her look like a doll.
Won't see me complaining - she's adorable.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Don't really have too much to say about this episode. I wish this got dragged out by having Sakyua get fired, Hilltop replace Sakyua, and the higher up replace Hilltop.

Anyway, now onto Lupin X (I see what you did there, Toei)
Spoiler
While Lupinger Vs Patranger has kept me entertained, I'll still keep my expectations low about LupinX.
Just thought about something. What if LupinX had a black and white color scheme, to show that justice isn't always black
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

After this episode's preview last week I was expecting an impostor Sakuya, but this was good too.
Again, Sakuya's home is sweat!

Man, that higher-up dude. I'm not even going to talk about it 'cause I hate people like that and I don't want to get angry.
This Week's Lupin Collection: "Filer comme le vent"
So I decided that each week I'm going to write a small thing about the episode's Collection item, no matter how obviously unnecesary it is to do so.

This week's Collection item is called "Filer comme le vent/Spin like the wind", with the associated crime of "property damage".

It allows the user to create gusts of wind sharp enough to cut through strong, solid objects including, according to the news report in Sakuya's TV, whole buildings.
Why it's got that name is beyond me.
Personally I would've called it "Aiguisé comme le vent/Sharp like the wind", but I don't know how much sense, if any, that makes. (I TOTALLY didn't use Google Translate for that...)

It's quite clearly a recolored version of the GekiFan from Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger.

Image Image
Preview
So we're finally getting a "sixth" ranger, who is quite clearly a double agent... with a tr- I mean TWO trains!.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah, thanks for the information on the Collection Piece. Very informative!

On the wiki, I noted that the Japanese translation of the name is the same term that's used for "The Wind Rises" that Ghibli film:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Lupin_VS_P ... Collection
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

LOL, around the 5:23 mark, it looks like the head of the counselor elongates in a really really creepy and faked up manner. I literally had to do a double take and go back to make sure that didn't happen xD
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was an enjoyable character episode. It didn't take any great risks, but I enjoy episodes where they let the normally comic relief Sakuya take a serious role. He obviously was never in true jeopardy in that things need to be back to status quo by the end, but it was nice to see his resolve. And for that matter, that Hilton trusted his people and had their back even if it meant putting his own job at risk.

I do wish they had answered how Sakuya made it into the PatRangers though. I think we've all been wondering about the answer to that one, and the show hasn't really answered it thus far.

As an aside, in some sense I feel that this episode highlights how you can't really have an episode without the Lupins. Even in a Pat-only episode, the Lupin Collection gimmick means that the Lupins need to be in the episode to collect the piece. Whereas in a Lupin-only episode, the Pats would be entirely unnecessary.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:38 pm Did Sakuya seem more hot-blooded in this episode than usual? His character is usually so laid back.
He seemed normal to me. He is a laid back character, but having his professionalism insulted has always struck me as something that pushed his buttons.
takenoko wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:38 pm Why do people hate the front page image! I think it's neat, it makes her look like a doll.
No hate here. Though it is admittedly a bit of an odd photo without context.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”