Lupin VS Pat 24 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:16 am

☆☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 24 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 3.92/ 5 (13 votes)

Alt Title: LupinRed and PolicePink do you ship it?

I really liked the interaction between Kairi and Tsukasa in this episode. Not only did it feel genuine and natural, it was nice to see them both open up since they're both really good characters. I notice that Kairi is only 19, do we know how old the PatRangers are? I assume they're a few years old and probably out of college. Tsukasa's actress is like 25, so you can definitely get a big sister vibe from the whole thing.

Is it already time for the whole team up thing? I guess it was pretty ridiculous for the police to go in and engage the LupinRangers at the end, when they know that time is of the essence.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 24 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Thank Zod the Music Mini-Vehicles are gone.

Giwi's MO this episode is to turn people into plants?? Did he watch Troll 2 to make this plan??

A Kairi and Tsukasa segment. Not too much out of this aside from why Tsukasa’s who she is and how Kairi doesn't like people bringing up his brother.

I read from TVTropes’ page for the show that Zamigo made human disguises. I also remember that one previous MOTW, the mafioso with the Zyudenchi piece, he might’ve looked for Zamigo to purchase a new disguise before Kairi found him… If the Thieves are seriously going to hunt down Zamigo, they better be careful. A few MOTWs disguised as Aya, Shiho and the elder Yano will put them into BSOD-levels of despair.

Holy mother of Zod, Raimon got salty. Though with this wham, it seems totally possible that Status Gold Ganglars are able to enlarge themselves. Yeah, this should be a part of the patch provided by said Status.

Nagahama Shin (Akira/Toq6) tweeted the answer to the Collection Piece of the week.

Filler-ish episode. There should have been more coverage for the Status Gold sitrep.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

They've mentioned before that Zamigo's the guy to go to if you want to change your human disguise. A pity they didn't show that mechanic off in action.

I thought for sure the PatRangers were on the trail of a red herring at the end because by that point, Giwi had the new disguise, right? So who were they following?
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

That Twitter feed overlaid on Kairi's phone looked very cheaply made IMO.
When Kaii went to ask those girls about the pendants his face looked extremely creepy.

Thank God they got rid of the intro with the "Music" VS Vehicles. It was starting to get on my nerves.

Was this the first time they showed a sentai transforming with their backs turned to the camera? I can't recall ever seeing something like that.

OMG the KyuuRanger references D: D: D: Whywhywhywhywhy?!?!?!
This Week's Lupin Collection
So, this week's item is simply called "L'évasion/Escape". Not to be confused with Escape from Go-Busters.
It allows the user to, in Noël's words, increase their evasiveness.

It resembles the Guide Breaker, personal weapon of Nijino Akira/ToQ6 from Ressha Sentai ToQger. Only this one seems to have a truncated hilt and also a truncated... I guess, blade? light?... a truncated not-the-hilt. It also has eyes.

Image Image
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I don't know. The whole Red x Pink thing felt like it it was forced. The writers needed to give us a Tsukasa background episode, and they found their chance here. Which doesn't mean it wasn't enjoyable, but it happened because the plot needed it rather than that it was a natural consequence of their interactions; Tsukasa doesn't seem like the type to stop in the middle of a fight and open up with someone else about her history.

Past that, the plot for this episode is kind of simplistic. But that's okay since there were a few different threads to be resolved. And while their initial interaction was forced, I did like the scene later on where Red takes the pendant and uses it himself without hesitation; Tsukasa noticing that seems like a very Tsukasa thing to do.

Meanwhile turning people into trees is kind of a stupid plan, but this episode was definitely a step above in the action department. The warehouse fight didn't have any funky camerawork, but it had a lot of good old fashioned stuntwork with several people going at once. Which is a dead giveaway that it's an important episode.:p

I was not expecting Raimon to go big at the end, and even less expecting him to go XXL. So that's a really neat surprise.:D Though I worry about the whole thing devolving to a CGI-fest next episode, as you can't really stage a good fight with mismatched scales like that.

And the iceman cometh again. I hope Raimon's offer there leads to something, as we're now at the half-way point and he hasn't done a whole lot thus far.

Side Note: I guess X can launch additional VS vehicles after all? How? :?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

He probably gave it to the Patren, but the scene was deleted for time.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Lupin Red using a Lucky reference just further cements Pat#1 as the better red.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

One more thing: Tsukasa was standing fairly close to Kairi, yet she didn’t hear him saying ‘arigachu~’?
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:30 am Lupin Red using a Lucky reference just further cements Pat#1 as the better red.
I had to rewind that moment, because "He didn't just say that, did he?" But he did. :roll:

At least he did it in a subdued and semi-surprised tone of voice, instead of the boisterous and overconfident shouting we had to tolerate last season.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

it was definitely a cringe / facepalm / "REALLY????" moment.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

SVNBob wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:26 pm
Catastrophe wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:30 am Lupin Red using a Lucky reference just further cements Pat#1 as the better red.
I had to rewind that moment, because "He didn't just say that, did he?" But he did. :roll:

At least he did it in a subdued and semi-surprised tone of voice, instead of the boisterous and overconfident shouting we had to tolerate last season.
Come on, at least he was not on fire.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Still waiting for the day when we get a female Red to lead the group, just wish it was the 3rd group yet we get a guy that's 2 colors in one lol!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

ryujin wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:45 am Still waiting for the day when we get a female Red to lead the group, just wish it was the 3rd group yet we get a guy that's 2 colors in one lol!
How about an all female ranger group: the ZukaRangers! However, since this is Super Hero Time, the Red Zukager will be from the Otokoyaku while the Yellow and Pink Zukagers will be from the musumeyaku.

(Zuka refers to the Takarazuka Revue, an all female theater company in Takarazuka Hyougo Japan. All of the trainees for the theater train together for the first year. Then they are split up into Otokoyaku (girls who will play boy roles) and Musumeyaku (girls who will play girl roles). The otokuyaku trainees cut their hair short and are expected to refer to themselves with male pronouns.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”