Lupin VS Pat 26 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:52 am

☆☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
21%
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 26 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.5/ 5 (14 votes)

Alt Title: The Lupins steal the show again!

Kind of a cute Umika/Noel episode. Liked the stage fight and all the cute and funny things that Umika did.

Something that caught my attention was that Noel claimed their masks had special anti-recognition functions built into them that differentiated them from other masks. I couldn't tell if this was Noel being facetious, something that was actually a thing, or just the writer messing with the audience.

Sadly, a week after their big team up, Pats are back to doing clean up duty. Which they literally say and comment on. Poor Pats.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 26 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

"Hey guys, please don't work with the cops." "Where did you get that intel??" *Looks away after Noel answers him.

Jeeves, you're strange this week. Does the Global Police have dirt on you?? Do you have a problem with Noel researching their database to get info on a Collection Piece that's gonna be in a black market operation that the Ganglars have no hand in organizing?? Shady mo'fo.

Noel wildcarding at his best.

The Collection Piece of the week is based off of Change Mermaid's motif from Changeman. The statue's base looks like the top part of Change Mermaid's helmet.

OK episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

So do the LupinRangers get their masks from the same guy who makes Superman's glasses?

I too would like to possess access to Kogure's checkbook.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They imply that the masks are special and hides their identity. Makes sense considering how shitty they are.

Poor Pats. At least they got more screen time than in the cooking episode.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Although everyone might already know this, https://twitter.com/Haruka_Kudo1027 is Umika's actress' recently opened twitter account where she's been putting up behind the scene shoots and amusing stories. (Apparently Haruka likes big bugs. She showed one to the actor who plays Karai and he ran away in fright.)

Good episode, but any episode that is Umika centered is going to be good. If super sentai was smart they would hire Haruka for four more seasons and have her cycle through the colors, playing a male red, a male blue, a male green, and a female pink (in a long wig).

At least Kogure doesn't have to pay out the checks. The Ganglar is gone and if the Ganglar's boss tries to cash the check then the money trail will lead the Pats right to his castle door.

Next week Blue and Green get their dance on! (if the preview can be believed).
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Time to head to Kinokuniya bookstore for the latest copy of Televi-kun.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Buy it from Amazon Japan, it's much cheaper
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

I can't even think of all the things I'd do with that kind of money.

They are phantom thieves. Couldn't they just... you know... steal it!? Yeah, yeah, Noël was doing police investigation work as well. But what's impeding him from stealing the statue and taking 4K HDR pictures of the suspects with his ultra-high-tech-with-holograms-and-shit iPhone?
This Week's Lupin Collection
  • Name: Les minuscules bulles/Tiny bubbles
  • Power: It lets the user make bubbles to escape, apparently. Considering the translucent nature of bubbles, I don't understand how this proved so effective.
  • Tribute: While this one doesn't resemble a piece of equipement from the past like the rest of the collection, it is an homage to ChangeMermaid/Nagisa Sayaka, whose motif was, of course, a mermaid. Although, as mentioned by TypicalStandUser, the base of the statue bears a slight resemblance to the top of ChangeMermaid's helmet.

Image Image
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:38 am So do the LupinRangers get their masks from the same guy who makes Superman's glasses?

actually his glasses are used to weaken his kryptonian hypnosis that he uses on people.

ANd yeah Noel saying that thing about the masks was kinda a curve ball, because i felt we were to believe that they just did the trick in disguising their faces. the more you know.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

midorininger wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:42 pm
Lunagel wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:38 am So do the LupinRangers get their masks from the same guy who makes Superman's glasses?

actually his glasses are used to weaken his kryptonian hypnosis that he uses on people.
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:45 am They imply that the masks are special and hides their identity. Makes sense considering how shitty they are.

Poor Pats. At least they got more screen time than in the cooking episode.
If you put in super bright IR LED's into the mask, it would be effective to block IR Camera's only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA3ix3zt9bo

If that was what Noel was worried about, then it could easily work.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

CheetahLynx wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:34 pm I can't even think of all the things I'd do with that kind of money.

They are phantom thieves. Couldn't they just... you know... steal it!?
Phantom thieves don't really steal actual money. They are basically whitehats but with actual physical security systems.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Phoenix512 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:33 pm Phantom thieves don't really steal actual money. They are basically whitehats but with actual physical security systems.
Oh yeah, sorry. I was talking about the statue. I can see why you got confused, though :)
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”