KR Zi-O 1.5-2.5 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 1.5-2.5 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki for 1.5

Wiki for 2.5

Just some thoughts here since we'll probably be releasing these with this week's episode.

First, it really feels like Toei saw Deadpool and thought they'd try breaking the fourth wall and lamp shading some of the predicted fan reactions to their creative decisions. But it comes off as lazy writing to me? I mean, I still don't know what the fuck a Cross-Z is supposed to be. Just because Toei pulls it out of its ass doesn't mean fans have to like it.

Second, some of these details feel like they should appear in the main episodes? You shouldn't require people to buy DLC to understand how your god damn story works. That's pretty dumb?

I mean, I guess "shut up, it's a show for kids" is a viewpoint that you can take. But still?

What do you guys think?

Edit: Also, isn't it super lame to name him Zi-O because of 20? You already have Kamen Rider ZO who was named because it was supposed to be the Kamen Rider 20th anniversary work (it actually got delayed 2 years so it missed the 20th anniversary). Keep ripping off ideas from your past, Toei.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Zi-O 1.5-2.5 released

Post by HowlingSnail »

2.5 is a massive fuck you to the audience. Well sorry Toei, but I'd quite like the plot of my shows to actually make sense. They still haven't acknowledged how the hell they can go back to the skywall timeline when they merged the timelines at the end of Build.

This is looking to turn out like another Decade. Only this time the practice of not caring about the show making any sense is apparently intentional.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Is this gonna be like pay-to-win? Pay to understand our needlessly complex children's show? What percentage of kids actually managed to convince their parents to get a TTFC subscription so they can figure out this stuff?

Sorry you can't enjoy your show! Should've given us more money!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:58 pm Is this gonna be like pay-to-win? Pay to understand our needlessly complex children's show? What percentage of kids actually managed to convince their parents to get a TTFC subscription so they can figure out this stuff?

Sorry you can't enjoy your show! Should've given us more money!
It's not like they're really explaining things anyway. Just telling us that we shouldn't care, which isn't what your writing philosophy should be.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Honestly, Toei should use these .5 bits to tell side stories to make their characters more likable. Using it to explain stuff THAT SHOULD BE IN THE EPISODE and then to lamp shade questions and criticisms with "a wizard did it" or "shut up, nerd, stop overthinking it" is probably the worst thing they can be doing.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:26 amEdit: Also, isn't it super lame to name him Zi-O because of 20? You already have Kamen Rider ZO who was named because it was supposed to be the Kamen Rider 20th anniversary work (it actually got delayed 2 years so it missed the 20th anniversary). Keep ripping off ideas from your past, Toei.
I could be way off base, but I feel like the name is meant as a multi-layered pun. you get the obvious connection to 20 like ZO had, but with how Zi-O is pronounced "jee-oh" I get the impression they were going for "the ou" as in "the king"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Right, Zi-O/Jii-Oh means Time King. But Zi-O is supposed to look like 20 since it's the 20th Heisei Kamen Rider series. There's already a Kamen Rider ZO, so they tried spelling it slightly differently, which makes it look less like the number 20.

Wouldn't "The King" be "Zaa Oh"?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

You can do either ji or za for the. Most of the time when I see "the end" they pronounce it as "ji endo".

https://www.englishclub.com/pronunciation/the.htm
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

I like the reference to Bill Gates =D
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Should expect this shit from the hack that wrote Nininnger. I thought the lame specials that were in the Blu-Rays were bad, but this is worse.

2.5 special frustrates me greatly. I know it's a children's toy selling show, but it shouldn't be that difficult to write a competent plot for an anniversary series. Saying 'We couldn't be bothered to do this properly, so don't worry' is a real kick in the pants.
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

As soon as I heard Rule 3, I thought of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ugebzq3juE
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

What the fuck is this? Seriously what is this? Don't ask questions? Man this whole thing is asking us to ask questions and cry and get angry and have all sorts of negative emotions on people just getting something that should be simple and placed in the series only to be in somewhere else and people have to pay for answers which is not present.

It's like Shirakura is anticipating that we would have issues and is using this thing as a way to say too bad to the audience. Or was he watching too much Deadpool and wants to use this to air his real statements without getting fired? Or is it a way to get the actors to let out hidden grievance about the character names and other stuff while staying in character? I got no clue
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

This is really frustrating. The 2.5 should be explained in the episodes, man. Not everyone watch the supplementary plan. We don't need a DLC to complete the game.

Anyway, about the 1.5, is it a coincidence that Geiz mention about his name maybe from German? Because I read somewhere that Wool's name is actually clock / watch in German (Uhr). I do some googling and maybe Aura is from present (Ora / Italian) or hour (Hora / Spanish). Maybe they will explain that in xx.5 after that purple guy appears. I wonder why you pick Wool and Aura as their name in your subs, though.

And it's pretty unusual of you to put 3-lines sub (at 1.5). It feels so crowded, though. Maybe make them smaller to be a 2-lines would be good, like at 2.5. Just a suggestion, though
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Dark Ren wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:03 am
And it's pretty unusual of you to put 3-lines sub (at 1.5). It feels so crowded, though. Maybe make them smaller to be a 2-lines would be good, like at 2.5. Just a suggestion, though
Qc made that suggestion but takenoko nixed it XP
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

I don't know why we need these eps like them, look likes trash side-episodes wrote by Kento.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”