KR Zi-O 03 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:36 am

☆☆☆☆☆
15%
☆☆☆☆
5%
☆☆☆
25%
☆☆
30%
25%

Total votes: 20
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 03 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 2.95 / 5 (22 votes)

Alt Title: Who can that mysterious Rider be?

What the fuck is this shitty acting/comedy? Sougo struggling with the butterknife in the wall. Him reacting too late when he realizes he's not alone. It's not funny.

I was hoping that the series would pick up after the introductory episodes, but it's still pretty eh for me.

Best part of the episode is still Woz and Tsukuyomi. Geiz is okay as the hard ass rival. Sougo is sooo boring. Thanks for bringing back Kagami for like two minutes of exposition. He's boring too.

I have so many questions about Geiz's collection of powers. Where did he get Ghost and Drive's powers? When he takes them, does that also erase the original Rider from the timeline? Why isn't it a bigger deal with Geiz pulls out a past Riders' power?

The one thing that amused me was Tsukuyomi and Geiz wearing their angel cape and whatever that black thing is that Geiz wears over their school uniforms.

2/5, tempting to give it a 1. You've got the ingredients to do something great. Give me something that I can sink my teeth into instead of bad jokes.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 03 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Good one, Geiz. Dissing the future king during breakfast. And then he and Tsuku-chan are stalking Sougo during school hours. Kids these days.

Sougo, what’s with you triggering Geiz? Don’t push it if you and Geiz want to save the timeline.

Today’s episode is about Another Ex-Aid rendering players playing an unknown Mighty Action game unconscious. I’m wondering what powers the dad in the cold open got from the deal with Ora... Good job, Toei, she's gonna be drawn in JoJo memes soon.

The comedy segments are boring. At the very least, Tsuku-chan and Geiz's school outfits are cosplayable.

Nah. I gotta know what deal the dad made with Ora.

Oh, one more thing to add: notable foreign Kamen Rider fans IgaDevil and Tom Constantine have cameos in this episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Think your link needs fixing.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

What was the purpose behind hiding Emu's face? We already know what he looks like.

It is starting to look like Geiz is going to be the dumping ground for Rider watches that won't have dedicated episodes.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

3.5 released

Post by takenoko »

Still kind of feels like Toei discovered Twitter recently, and are using the .5 episodes to "respond" to the fans. I can totally imagine the fans reacting to Build's plot by claiming the staff don't know what they're doing, suggesting firing the writer or producer, or blowing up Toei.

I just think it's super weird to broadcast this response over the Toei fan club bonus videos? These are the fans who are hardcore enough to buy your dumb service, so why hold up a mirror and go "Hey, look at how shitty some of you guys are".

I think part of the problems of these shorts is they're kind of half assed. In the credits, there's not really a writer or director. Just a credit for "content producer" for Oomine Yasuhiro (大峯靖弘) and his editor. And a generic credit for "the staff for episode 3".

Fan entitlement is a bad thing too. But come on.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The best part of this episode was Hiiro giving Geiz the clue because he realised on a subconscious level, the have the same awkward personality.

Kind of trash otherwise. I don't like the episode kind of having half its own plot and then cramming previous series references into the second half. It feels disjointed.
Smart Jason
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Ian Yorkland
Favorite Actor?: Konno Ayuri
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Revenge is sweet
Type: ESTJ Supervisor

Post by Smart Jason »

Sry. But there is no Build shadow in 22:43 "Genius Gamer M"
Also in the preview for next episode, a line is fixed instead of moving to left. And In henshin lesson Geiz, when he activates his ride watch, there is a logo behind Geiz. Normally there is no logo when activates a ridewatch.

Sry if I am annoying. Jux point out some mistakes.

Peace out.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Drive Ride Armour looked nice at least.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I'm impressed, no huge continuity errors. That makes it the best episode yet. Also Sougo's German pronunciation was better than Geiz's.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

This gets a 3 out of 5 for me. Perhaps the biggest thing here is at least we now know of the routine Zi-O is going to follow of starting a Legend Rider arc in 2018 and finishing it in the Legend Rider’s year.
KRMonkey
Go Go!
Quote: ...dynamic chop!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by KRMonkey »

Is a 720p version in the pipeline? (And if this question should go elsewhere, please let me know so I'm not spamming the thread.)
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

KRMonkey wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:59 pm Is a 720p version in the pipeline? (And if this question should go elsewhere, please let me know so I'm not spamming the thread.)
It is in the pipeline. Please be patience.

Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I know it's your mission I guess to prevent Sougo from being the gold rolex/Demon king but don't be in the toilet with your target Geiz, that's violating personal space and doing our business.

So far no continuity errors so yay I guess. Drive's armor is nice looking at least. So Hiro got some awkward personality sense since he gave Geiz Emu's german phrase cheat sheet, how exciting

Why hide Emu's face? It's not like the audience is not going to figure who he is since you heard him speaking. No need for the mystery

3/5 stars this episode. no continuity screwups but still not entertaining
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

and this weeks .5 episode really makes me want what Tsukuyomi and Geiz's final words in there to come true
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”