☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 9
LiLAsN
Gao

Re: Kami no Kiba Jinga 00 released

Post by LiLAsN »

Decade-o! Why are you in the wrong series at this crucial time in Kamen Rider's history after another Decade has passed? :'(

Your cool acting would have made watching Zi-O a lot more better than a character that seems to have an expression that does not match his body of a main character and his obsession with becoming a KIng. Probably should have been the bland antagonist whom Decade should be fighting rather than having Zi-O as my hero. :|
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

I'm thinking of getting into GARO. Is it alright if I start watching this? Or should I first watch another GARO show?
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
lincolnmon
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Love is like a candle in the darkness

Post by lincolnmon »

first ever post here.

I have this weird idea that they could be bringing
Spoiler
Jinga to the original conti.
Spoiler
If i remember correctly, the watch dogs exist only in the original conti, but not the gold storm one.
Could remember wrongly though.
omnikaiser
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by omnikaiser »

njb wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:55 am I'm thinking of getting into GARO. Is it alright if I start watching this? Or should I first watch another GARO show?
I think this one is one of the worst choice possible to go in IMO. Because I think it was created with keeping in mind what the viewer saw in Goldstorm and the movie (we know who is Jinga, his past, what he did etc) and will make reference and have plot points regarding that (maybe not too much ?).
Many things Jinga says in this first episode have double meanings already if we think about the previous shows.

If you want to get into this one as quickly as possible without losing much, I guess you can watch Goldstorm (TV Show) + Kami no Kiba movie and then this Jinga spin-off.
You'll miss some references/winks from Yami O Terasu Mono made in Goldstorm only, and won't really understand the post credit scene of Kami no Kiba movie I guess.

lincolnmon wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:32 am
Spoiler
If i remember correctly, the watch dogs exist only in the original conti, but not the gold storm one.
Could remember wrongly though.
Spoiler
There are watchdogs in Ryuga's continuity too. But we didn't see them many time (or at all ?) in this lantern form thing we've seen in this episode 0 (similar to Kouga continuity yeah).
But Ryume is a watchdog, so there is that. and while I think it's not that many times, I think they were mentioned in Yami O Terasu Mono a few times, mostly in the form of Zaruba serving as a link between Watchdogs and the protagonists, while sitting on Priest Burai's desk
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They also implied in Ryugas first season that Madou tools where out dated, yet they've flip flopped on that as well.

I wouldn't worry about it too much and just enjoy some more Makai action!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

njb wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:55 am I'm thinking of getting into GARO. Is it alright if I start watching this? Or should I first watch another GARO show?
Most Garo series are excellent. I dunno, it sort of feels like this show is built on top of another series and a movie, but at the same time, the first episode feels like they just hit reset on everything. So maybe it's safe to start with this one?
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Good thing I dropped Zi-O for this

guess this is a sequel? to the movie. I already enjoy the characters and Jinga's new reborn life. Can't wait to see how he'd come out of this

Characters make the most of their appearances here which I appreciate
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Probably? Though personally I would have started from the first series, considering you can easily binge these shows in a day because they don't have as much episodes as Kamen Rider or Super Sentai. I don't think it would hurt to start considering it's a restart of sorts
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

You'd at least want to watch Goldstorm first.
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

idk why i always felt head over heels for masahiro inoue whenever hes appears in toku. he is like, always nailed everything nook and cranny in his character he portrays.
jinga armor summoning scene made me swoon lmao, "im gonna kicks monsters asses.. with style!" written all over the places for me.

but tbh, all this makai knight's armors, where do they pop out from though? we all saw those blank/bronzes/nameless makai knights from makai senki.. do those armors evolves at certain stages or through ritual or what? it made me curious to this date. well yeah those armors mostly were passed down generations to generations but it doesnt answer my question
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

HyouRetsuzan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:09 am idk why i always felt head over heels for masahiro inoue whenever hes appears in toku. he is like, always nailed everything nook and cranny in his character he portrays.
jinga armor summoning scene made me swoon lmao, "im gonna kicks monsters asses.. with style!" written all over the places for me.

but tbh, all this makai knight's armors, where do they pop out from though? we all saw those blank/bronzes/nameless makai knights from makai senki.. do those armors evolves at certain stages or through ritual or what? it made me curious to this date. well yeah those armors mostly were passed down generations to generations but it doesnt answer my question
I don't really understand your question, or maybe there are two questions mixed. Bronze Makai knights are just Makai knights who have not inherited an armor. As far as we know, there's no evolving, but they are made of soul metal, so it is possible if the knight is strong enought.

And they pop out from Makai.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I wonder how far it is from Ryuuga's continuity. I mean, he probably didn't get reborn as an adult, so it's possible that Ryuuga & co are old or dead by now. Maybe the movie was the end for Ryuuga's time.

I would recommend to watch them in order. While Yami and Gold Storm are my favorites, it's better to watch in order of release since they always take the older ones for granted during the new ones, like in all franchises.

I wonder where they're going with Jinga, maybe Amily will show up eventually?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's probably so far after Ryuuga that it doesn't matter, which is why they did that.

Dunno about Amily. Since her actress is already voicing the tool item, it's always a possibility.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

takenoko wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:39 pm -Jinga would be Zinga, because Toei is apparently run by 100 year old fogies that don't know English
I actually thought about this since some of the characters seemed to pronounce Jinga a bit like Zinga. Maybe Asian languages show us something there; how close phonemes that we do not really think of as 'alike' can really be. R and L is the most famous example, but maybe Z/J are not that far behind. Looking back at things, I am reminded of the old lady from Kantai calling everyone's favorite Garo by his name of "Kounga".

Maybe I was too sleepy when I watched it, but the timeline seems a bit weird. He has always resented Makai Knights so it was strange that he would be reborn as one, but he was one before Ryuga's adventures? And this series takes place after his battle with Messiah (which is now pronounced the English way after it was "Mesh-iya" in the movie and the original series) at the end of the KnK movie, which happened after Gold Storm? This can probably be handwaved as him being a Makai Knight for the first time since he became a Horror or something like that.

Overall, this pilot left me hungry for more, and a weekly Garo is just the thing that is needed when the current rider series is so weak.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Fat D wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:13 pmI actually thought about this since some of the characters seemed to pronounce Jinga a bit like Zinga. Maybe Asian languages show us something there; how close phonemes that we do not really think of as 'alike' can really be. R and L is the most famous example, but maybe Z/J are not that far behind.
Hmmm, I really don't hear the J/Z thing. I always feel like that's more of a legacy of old English romanization standards.

Return to “Kami no Kiba -JINGA-”