KR Zi-O 07 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:33 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
16%
☆☆☆☆
16%
☆☆☆
53%
☆☆
5%
11%

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 07 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 2.89 / 5 (19 votes)

Alt Title: Magicman2018

Probably the best episode so far. The A plot and B plot both felt thoughtfully developed. It finally feels like we're spending some time with the Zi-O core cast and it's pretty fun. Woz is back and he's doing stuff.

The plot with the guest characters is also pretty interesting. I hope Another Wizard doesn't end up being a "scorned nice guy", but otherwise, I'm enjoying the simplicity of the B plot, since it helps support the A plot a lot more.

I think Geiz is the most interesting character of the episode. He ends up being right about Another Wizard, but he's kind of a dick, so it's hard to root for him. And Woz saves him and the guy's barely even grateful. I wouldn't mind it if Geiz fills the "he's an asshole, but he's always right" role, but Geiz needs to be more right about things to fill it.

Even the Timejackers are getting involved. I notice that Schwartz says a line he did before, so maybe that's his catchphrase. Hope I wrote something good for it last time. That's the danger of translating with incomplete knowledge, you can't always predict when a certain phrasing is needed for the future. Like Sougo's "I've got a feeling..." lines.

Grading on a curve, this was a 5/5 for me. It didn't do anything that particularly stood out, but at this point, a decently amusing episode that isn't problematic is worth a 5 star rating.

CM
Did you guys think you'd see a guy in a speedo selling drones to kids?

Edit:
Maybe I'm a bit slow, but is all this king talk because Japan is about to get a new emperor?

Low hanging fruit:
It wouldn't be a Wizard tribute episode if the good guys didn't let the monster slowly walk away.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 07 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Minase Yashiro from W Forever/KR Eternal V-Cinema’s back! She was the T2 Fire Dopant!

Good on Geiz to start hunting down the MOTW early.

And so, we come to the phase of the story on how the Riders should deal with the Another Riders based on their initial actions. Geiz just wants the MOTW taken out because it’s a potential threat to everything while Sougo wants to find out why the user is a MOTW.

How frank. Schwartz nearly does it but Woz saves the day, and proves he’s no pushover. That said, if Woz did not want Sougo to befriend Geiz, why save the latter?

Hmm. Hayase/The MOTW loves Yashiro-san and used his MOTW powers for entertainment and impressing her, but the other guy, Nagayama (The guy in the cold open with the usual magic tricks), won Yashiro-san’s affection. Seems Nagayama has inadvertently pushed Hayase to despair without the help of the "Wiseman" group (Medusa/Phoenix/Gremlin) and Ora, luckily enough, has encouraged the MOTW to kill Nagayama.

Eh episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

> That said, if Woz did not want Sougo to befriend Geiz, why save the latter?

It's because Woz wants to give Geiz an opportunity to serve Zi-O. After saving him, he offers Geiz the chance to stand by Zi-O's side, but Geiz refuses. That's when Woz turns on him.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Best episode so far. There was good focus on all factions involved (Team Zi-O, Time Jackers and Woz) and the plot for the Another Rider was decently explored.

The weakest part of it is Sougo himself. Like I get they are trying to say that Geiz is taking it too far, but he is always right about this shit while Sougo comes across as naive.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So, the Timejackers are trying to create their own Dark King by creating Another Riders? Is that their only plan? Because, after the first couple of times, it's pretty obvious that the plan has no chance to succeed. The Another Riders are way too self centered and concerned with their own story line to care about being a dark king. And, if your further plan is to psychologically shock the Another Rider so they lose agency and become monsters, what is the point? The dark king of the future is already a monster. Why go back in time to create a redundant monster? Sounds like a hassle to me.

edit for jacking.
Last edited by resop2 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

best episode so far, no doubt

but the questions about how and why time jackers want psycologically not trust people become their kings seems strange or dumb(and highly impossible)

and sougo still being the weak link on show...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Stop adding the space in Timejacker, it's based on Hijacker which is one word. :P Stop jacking the time, y'all.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

Total randomness: Is Tsukuyomi always shot from her right on the show? The front page picture of her for last week is shot from her left and I barely recognize her.
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Cripes, was this one actually palatable? Though the bit with Another Wizard using Gravity to toss stuff around like Telekinesis annoyed me. The fights were very... meh. Self contained and brief, Another Wizard doesn't seem to have any fighting instinct to him and his spells are all frantic and flailing. Though at this rate the Bland Three may drop down to the Bland Two, if we actually get more character development for the protagonists over the Timejackers.

Also from the teaser, its looking like Geiz is definitely retaining executive use of his main Riders' Watches, which is making less and less sense as they made the effort to push secondary Watches like Cross-Z and now Beast. Which should frankly be annoying the crap out of Woz a lot more than it does since Zi-O is supposed to be the one accumulating all these Rider powers. I'd understand if they did it to push the rivalry angle between Sougo and Geiz, but they missed a perfectly good opportunity for that with both Fourze and Faiz already, coulda used the Meteor and Kaixa Watches in that case. Unless they plan to make it so they both get half the total main Heisei Riders and are forced to fight eachother to determine who becomes "king", though with Geiz' motivations that doesn't work at all.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

resop2 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:36 pm Total randomness: Is Tsukuyomi always shot from her right on the show? The front page picture of her for last week is shot from her left and I barely recognize her.
Mirror World???
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:03 pm
resop2 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:36 pm Total randomness: Is Tsukuyomi always shot from her right on the show? The front page picture of her for last week is shot from her left and I barely recognize her.
Mirror World???
I would guess that the actress who plays Tsukuyomi insists on being shot from one side since she thinks that side is cuter.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

my main complaint with this episode was that they did not retain the original voice of the WizarDriver. Sigh.
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They are inconsistent with how the Another Riders work. Another Fourze used both the same sounds and effects as the original. I wonder if it because different episodes have different directors?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

It's just another thing where attention to detail is out the window.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

njb wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:37 pm my main complaint with this episode was that they did not retain the original voice of the WizarDriver. Sigh.
To be fair, yo, this is not the WizarDriver. This is SPQQKY SPQQKY SKELETON DRIVER. Look at those sweet metatarsals on his waist. And those skulls on his shoulders.

I'll admit, Another Wizard is provocative in a strangely sexual way. It's not that I find death arousing, but...

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”