KR Zi-O 13 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:17 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆
12%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 13 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 3.15 / 5 (10 votes)

Alt Title: S'all good in the Decadahood

That was fun as hell to watch. I don't know if it'll pay off in the next episode, but everything felt like it clicked just right.

I'm usually pretty negative, so let's start there. Show not tell! We've waited 13 episodes for Geiz to explain why he has the Ghost Watch, and his answer? "Oh I just stole them". A) If you're not going to do a flashback or anything, just have that line in the first or second episode. B) Why do we not see how Geiz "steals" a Ride Watch from Oma Zi-O. Oma Zi-O is apparently so strong that groups of people can't stop him. Also, has Geiz always had Rider powers and why don't we see him using it in the flashbacks from the future? These are important questions for the world building that can't just be glossed over with a single line like that.

Guests: This is a great use of them. Takeru stuck around and was initially a problem, but he actually stuck around and was helping out here and there. Great, that's what you want to see a guest do. Mr. Decade feels like nothing's change in the last nine years. Decade makes for a great antagonist simply because he's so capricious and his motivations are so unclear. You can see why Decade 2.0 having a backstory of being the main antagonist works so well, in the way it was a bit frustrating in the actual Decade series, since Decade also had to play the part of the protagonist.

Also Geiz being bad at history and just recognizing Agito from the statue without knowing anything about the guy was pretty funny. Also, great Agito action scenes for Agito fans.

Mr. Toei, I don't ask you for much (this is a lie), but if I'm very good, can my Christmas present be to having Mr. Decade as a reoccurring character for Zi-O? The guy's probably done filming Jinga, he could use the work!

Edit:
Another letdown is Geiz's behavior. Once again, it seems more like he's roughhousing than making an actual attempt on Zi-O's life. I know the scene was played off for laughs, but it makes Geiz seem like a joke character and reinforces the shoddy Zi-O world building.

Edit edit:
Another Ghost is pretty cool. He's got a good backstory and actually freaking acts like a Rider. His background reminds me of Ghost Rider. Just come back from the dead and do hero shit. Appreciate that they dance around with the morality of the situation a little bit.

Edit edit edit:
Also, it's super interesting to have a villain who initially refuses the devil's deal. Call it genre savyness or what, but Another Ghost could tell in an instant that Uhr was a bad guy trying to seduce him with power. That's pretty interesting!

Edit edit edit edit:
Why is Inoue Masahiro not more of a meme?
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Re: KR Zi-O 13 released

Post by SacredCultivator »

The heck? Ghosts' sleeve it's... gone! Blast that green screen!
Last edited by SacredCultivator on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That time stamp won't work 'cause the qc file is different. But I made an animated gif of it:

SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

That works as well. Thanks for creating that reference =)
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Nice of you to come by and curbstomp people again, Masahiro Inoue. And of course, P-Bandai has announced a DX DecaDriver 2.0 to preorder.

To ensure Geiz’s elimination, Woz has joined the Jackers. Not surprising.

A brilliant, sadistic strategy from Uhr. Seems he wants to one-up Schwartz.

Okay episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Is that why his belt is pink? I don't really like it...

I wonder if they'll explain where he got it. Probably not, but still...

Toei, make Decade a regular or semi-regular character in Zi-O or you're a coward.
LiLAsN
Gao

Post by LiLAsN »

I agree. I hope they make Decade a recurring character. If they can do it for Agito provided it was by a different person for Decade's season, I'm sure they can do it for Zi-O.
So far, for the next trailer, I can only see Decade transform into Ghost. You can see Ghost and the Another Ghost final attack where you can see Decade's belt on Ghost. So it definitely wasn't Ghost who transformed during that scene.
And cool! The original voice narrator for the belt was chosen to be used. This will be very interesting once we see Decade use the final attack ride in Ghost form. Wonder how the voice acting will be like if they say G-g-ghost!

IF the original voice narrator comes back to narrate the new Kamen Rider forms and final attack, then this will tell us if Decade will be a permanent/semi-permanent character in Zi-O for sure. Doubt they would spend having the original narrator to narrate the new attacks for just 2 episodes worth of Decade. Only the next episode will tell.
Not worth the effort. Even the movie took the cheap way out.

Decade deserves to be in more episode to make up his 31 episodes in his own season.

And.. I can't wait for the armor form for Zi-O.
Armor Time! Kamen Rider.. (Wow!) Decade, Decade. Deca-do....! cos D-d-d-d-decade sounds way too similar to Decade's henshin sequence that might confuse others. Again, only time will tell. :D
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I read somewhere that he will be a regular in Zi-O. I hope it's true because I love the character and the actor.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I should point out by the way that's been officially confirmed to be Heure, not Uhr, here: https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/zi-o/rider/i ... heure.html

I know official spellings aren't always correct, but in this case I think it is. ウール is MUCH closer to Heure than Uhr, which would be something like ウア or ウアー.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

rejoice people, the destroyer of worlds has return.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:27 am I should point out by the way that's been officially confirmed to be Heure, not Uhr, here: https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/zi-o/rider/i ... heure.html

I know official spellings aren't always correct, but in this case I think it is. ウール is MUCH closer to Heure than Uhr, which would be something like ウア or ウアー.
Thanks for pointing that out! We can just use Heure from here on.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Okay, so now I've actually watched the episode, 13 was acceptable. Takeru's doing more than most Legend Riders.

13.5...well aside from them once again hammering the "Stop complaining about the show not making sense" message, I enjoyed it. The Drive references especially.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

ONORE DIKEIDO! Where is Narutaki? we need onore dikeido vs iwae waga mao :P.

4/5 too little decade and I never liked Takeru from Ghost... Sougo is just another version of Takeru IMO.
Final Vent!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Random point to make as well, the pink Decade Driver is officially called the Neo Decade Driver. As someone who's always been in favour of the term "Neo-Heisei", I'm well up for this.
Seen:
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

It's not pink, it's Magenta

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”