My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kami no Kiba Jinga 08 released

Post by takenoko »

< Prev Episode
Wiki Episode Page
Next Episode >

Alt title: In anything if you want to go... You need a montage (montage)

Last episode rating: 3 out of 5 stars (9 votes)

Thought the episode was fine. Here's my generic complaint about Jinga as a series. You watch most the episode, and it's probably okay or just passably entertaining. Then anything truly interesting happens during the credits at the end.

So here's my problem with the first part (let's call the first 90% of the episode Part A). We get a new guest character, and it really seems like we'll learn something new about Jinga or what's going on through that character, but nope. Maybe something will be done with the people Jinga saves at a later episode, but the guest guy just gets eaten (apparently? Do we know if Jinga is an unreliable narrator yet?)

So no new information, no new twists. We're just seeing Jinga do stuff that we already know. Fuusa has her doubts, but she's already had her doubts for a while.

Then we get to the credits. Oh no, the lady from the couple that Jinga saved before is now a Horror. What is going on? Episode ends. So we get teased with something, but don't really learn anything.

It's baffling, because they could be going into what Rozan's doing. Or the aftermath of Jinga killing that guy and his kid. But they don't even touch on those things, instead opting to waste the viewer's time with clips from the previous episode. There's even a scene where Fuusa receives a spell, which baffled the last episode QCers because it's totally out of context. That's because the god damn whole scene is in this episode, which we watch in full, despite showing part of it already in the last one.

Jinga as a series has a pacing problem. It feels like 6 episode's worth of story stretched out to a 12/13 episode series, made by the Garo B team who can't even count from 1 to 13 properly. It feels like Jinga could be a really interesting story and the actors are pretty good, but I can't really recommend this series to anyone because of how disrespectful it is to the viewer's time.

If all you need to do to keep up with the story is watch the last minute before the end, then you're doing an abysmally poor job at telling a story.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Re: Kami no Kiba Jinga 08 released

Post by Xirix »

Ah that poor guy, was kinda obvious the second Jinga got a fanboy he was going to get murdered in some capacity.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Seems Ugai was sent by someone to verify and hype Jinga's powers. I have eyes on either Rozan or Her.

Eh episode. Too much flashbacks, nothing from OG!Jinga.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

That guy was death flagged so heavily in the first 10 seconds of screen time I wouldn't have bet a nickle he would survive the episode.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Ugai was definitely on death's door when he showed up. though hey we have an interesting horror designed, then back to cheap halloween makeup again for the montage of Jinga killing horrors and reverting them back to humans, damn it.

though the next episode should provide the needed spark to give this series. The ending, whatever the ost is used before the reveal will forever elude me but that's not the main point, looks interesting to bring them back. One thing that's bugging me is how come Alva hasn't say anything about Jinga not being himself
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I wouldn't even say the credit sequence this time was interesting because it didn't amount to much.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Maybe it was for me. Or maybe zi-o and lupat has dulled me to the point that anything any series could give me something interesting to say would make me make noted, even if it's really nothing to note in the long run.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

This one gets a 2/5 from me.

The weakest episode so far. Ugai was just too of a freak in my opinion and completely useless against a really low level horror. He got eaten like he was just a normal person.

The whole episode is used just to point out that in the end all the work that Jinga did was pointless and useless because the people that became horrors can become horrors again.

Jinga just need to use reason a little and know that there is someone turning these people into horrors.

Wasted episode for sure and with only 4 or 5 episodes left they can't pull out something good now. It's a shame it had potential to be a good side story.
Final Vent!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Kurow wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:01 am The whole episode is used just to point out that in the end all the work that Jinga did was pointless and useless because the people that became horrors can become horrors again.
I don't understand the confusion though. In the original pair, it was the man who was the Horror. This time it's the woman. Did they cut something in editing that they meant to leave in again?
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Looks like both are horrors now. Not just the woman.
Final Vent!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

The guy's not a Horror or Alva would have said both of them are Horrors.

Return to “Kami no Kiba -JINGA-”