KR Zi-O 16 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:23 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
28%
☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆
22%
☆☆
No votes
6%

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 16 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 4.43 / 5 (14 votes)

Alt Title: Maybe start Rider at Christmas

Every god damn year Toei. Ex-Aid, garbage until the Christmas episode. And here, Zi-O appears to have taken another jump in quality for their Christmas episode.

Sougo has scenes in this episode that made me wish they were in the first episode. Like Sougo is likeable in this episode, and it's pretty good. Like, this is how Sougo should have been all along, maybe?

The Sougo/Geiz stuff, it's totally unearned and there's a million ways they could have set it up better, but the moment itself was really good, so I'll give it a pass. Hopefully this dynamic will do a better job walking the tightrope in the future?

Mr. Decade wasn't in the episode as much as I'd like, but he's got some choice scenes. Like basically joining the fray and just going "Hmmmm, which side should I join, 'cause I'm Decade and I give no fucks." So good.

Woz is stepping up his game too.

Heck, they even let Tsukuyomi fire the gun and have her save the guys. It would have been nice if she acted as support, but still, I'll take what I can get considering Toei Riders hates women.

"I will become a demon king who will save the world!" Okay Thanos.

Giving this episode a 5 star rating, since it's gotten me genuinely excited to see the next episode. I mean, I've been excited since Decade joined the mix, but now I get to see good main characters too.

OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Zi-O 16 released

Post by OOOKaiser »

Is it just me or have they changed writers all of a sudden. Because the past several episodes have particularly been good or maybe the appearance of decade in the show has gotten me so excited that I'm ignoring Zi-O in general.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

OOOKaiser wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:24 am Is it just me or have they changed writers all of a sudden. Because the past several episodes have particularly been good or maybe the appearance of decade in the show has gotten me so excited that I'm ignoring Zi-O in general.
Indeed???
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... Chronology
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The Young King did it, but it’s not enough. The Jackers still exist with intentions to get rid of Sougo, Woz is now on contingency mode, trying to get Sougo back to the path, while Tsukasa is still vested in taking out Sougo at his best.

It’s only by saving a kid and Geiz convincing Sougo to pursue his dream that the young king regains his will to fight. In spite of this, the future has not been changed. Hope the gang finds out the coordinates of those Dai Mazines.

Good. The third rider is coming.

A question: is Masahiro Inoue done with this show or he’s going to be a recurring character in future episodes??

Alright episode. Huh… Starninger’s back next episode. Appropriate.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Xivitai
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Xivitai »

I really want to punch someone for their portrayal of Decade. Using Final Attack Ride for Big and Bind? Using water magic in Fire Style Wizard? Are they retarded or hired people who know Decade only by wiki?
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I loved this episode, and it's a very strong finish to this first arc of the show. It's a great service for both Sougo's and Geiz's characters. The former has a renewed resolution towards his goals now that he is fully aware of the possible terrible future he is responsible for, and the latter finally seems to be settled on Zi-O's side but is still willing to fight him should the need arise down the line. I'm feeling rather good about this dynamic moving forward.

Decade is probably going to disappear until the next major shake-up in the story, but wow did he leave an impression in just these few episodes. He ought to have used Wizard's ability to turn into four when Zi-O Double Game showed up! Speaking of, that was a nice revival of one of my favourite power-up forms.

I'm also especially fond of that insert song. It's a much calmer track than the usual song that accompanies an action-packed scene, which makes sense since it was meant for Zi-O regaining new confidence in himself. That it came in at the same time as Woz's wonderful declaration may have helped it's impact.

Can't wait for next week though, all sorts of wild stuff happening.
Xivitai wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:00 am I really want to punch someone for their portrayal of Decade. Using Final Attack Ride for Big and Bind? Using water magic in Fire Style Wizard? Are they retarded or hired people who know Decade only by wiki?
They wanted to show off Wizard's powers without making new Attack Ride cards. I get bugged by little inconsistencies too, but that is the silliest reason to get as bothered as you are.
Last edited by BreadToku on Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Come on, let's not disavow people's reactions to stuff.
Xivitai

Post by Xivitai »

BreadToku wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:57 am
They wanted to show off Wizard's powers without making new Attack Ride cards. I get bugged by little inconsistencies too, but that is the silliest reason to get as bothered as you are.
And miss a chance to sell more merchandise? Nah, it's not the way they roll. They just hired ppl who don't know they way around franchise...
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

what exactly geiz have inside his mind? nothing ?

geiz: i gonna destroy zi-o belt so oma zi-o never happen(plus all his and tsukiomi futures…)

and then i blink the eye and then geiz is giving his own belt to zi-o because….well…this series dont make any sense but decade is saving zi-o audience lol

good episode but geiz just giving his belt to sougo was strange...
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Some things that we have learned:

* The rider belts are interchangeable. Geiz can use Shogo's and Shogo can use Geiz's.

* Woz has the ability to create the rider belts.

* Geiz's mind changes every other episode.

* Dramatic pepper eating is dramatic.

Questions:

* The Time Mazine's just appear out of Akane Tendou Hammer Space? Come on Toei. Why not sell chibi Time Mazines that Oha and Heure can pull out of their pockets and shout dramatic catch phrases to make them henshin?

* Why don't the Timejackers just make Another Zi-O out of Shogo? Or, would that make too much sense?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

On the topic of getting Wizard wrong, they didn't use the existing sound for him from the CSM Decade Driver, they used a new one. And AGAIN broke tradition by including voice clips.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Lawling at the title for the next episode, "HAPPY NEW WOZ!!!" xD
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm not on board with this. There is just such such flip flopping with the characters. Geiz gets what he wanted. Oma Zi-O is gone and it was easy enough and then he's the one to get Zi-O to change his mind back?

It's clear Woz has some ulterior motive.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Xivitai wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:13 am
BreadToku wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:57 am
And miss a chance to sell more merchandise? Nah, it's not the way they roll. They just hired ppl who don't know they way around franchise...
I thought... it was established before. Decade don't give no fucks.
Also more than likely whatever gave him a significant power jump has allowed him to streamline all the powers without needing form rides. Nothing said in-universe that Wizard had to be in different forms to use the power, it could've been a limitation of his power at that time. That's probably why Oma-ZIo just needs to touch the ride watches to use their power instead of inserting them into the belt. He had 50 years of rider powers. Give Decade another twenty years and he probably wouldn't need Ride Cards.
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

any1 saw that theres shocker's goon(or something else) lurking behind omazi-o chair at the end?
some kinda easter egg??

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”