Staff and story of Ryusoulger

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Staff and story of Ryusoulger

Post by kangchan »

Staff
Executive producer: Sasaki Motoi (KR Ex-Aid, KR Build, KR Zi-O, Kyuranger, LuPat)

Producers: Maruyama Shinya (Sailor Moon Live Action), Takahashi Kazuhiro (KR Fourze, KR Ghost)

Main writer: Yamaoka Junpei (Kamen Teacher)

Main director: Kamihoriuchi Kazuya (some episodes of KR Ghost, KR Ex-Aid, KR Build...)
After long time waiting, Toei finally hired a quality writer from drama (in my opinion), to write Ryusoulger with hope to save Super Sentai series in rumor of cancel.

Hope Yamaoka Junpei will bring a new fresh to Sentai, after Shimoyama Kento - Koumura Junko and Mouri Nobuhiro did not well.

Story (translated by tokusatsu network)
65 million years ago, the immensely powerful Druidon Tribe reigned over Earth. The tribe abandoned the planet when a gigantic meteor approached, vowing that they would return as the rulers of the world again as they headed into space.

The Ryusou Tribe who battled against the Druidon Tribe stayed on earth, along with their dinosaur companions, the Kishiryu. The Ryusou Tribe withstood the ice age brought on by the gigantic meteor. They placed their Kishiryu companions into the Ryusouls and sealed them in temples throughout the world.

Time has moved on and the Druidon Tribe has returned after fighting in harsh environments across space, totally increasing their powers. The Ryusou Tribe that kept the Earth safe in the past have selected new knights: the Ryusoulgers. They have been revived by their mission as the battle against the Druidon Tribe begins.
Last edited by kangchan on Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Staff and story of Ryusoulger

Post by Lunagel »

Okay, quick question, where did this rumor of Sentai getting cancelled originate? Cause it's all over the English net but I haven't seen a thing about it in the Japanese sites so are we playing a game of translation telephone or is someone just trying to cause drama?
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:47 pm Okay, quick question, where did this rumor of Sentai getting cancelled originate? Cause it's all over the English net but I haven't seen a thing about it in the Japanese sites so are we playing a game of translation telephone or is someone just trying to cause drama?
Someone on rangerboard created a topic (link: https://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=183416) and people discussed how should Sentai cancel, with some proof such as toy sales from Ninninger, the return of dinosaur theme after 6 years (rather than a decade)...
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

That's just discussion then, not anything concrete from the Japanese side.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:06 am That's just discussion then, not anything concrete from the Japanese side.
Some posts from that topic referred rumors come from 2chan and 4chan, so that's why.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Wait, they're doing a dinosaur Sentai again? What the hell, Toei? Could you at least try to be creative?

(Also, that's a lot of Kamen Rider staffers for a Sentai production)
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

kangchan wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:47 am
Lunagel wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:06 am That's just discussion then, not anything concrete from the Japanese side.
Some posts from that topic referred rumors come from 2chan and 4chan, so that's why.
The original comment came from a post on 4chan. One could say that would be cause for denial but the same user also then posted screencaps from a Cross-Z trailer that hadn't aired yet, he also suggested that we were gonna get a "Super Sentai Special" after LupinRanger... and hey, one will be airing soon. While I wouldn't suggest to start panicking, I would say there's a reason to be wary since the guy's been rather on the money so far.
Executive producer: Sasaki Motoi (KR Ex-Aid, KR Build, KR Zi-O, Kyuranger, LuPat)

Producers: Maruyama Shinya (Sailor Moon Live Action), Takahashi Kazuhiro (KR Fourze, KR Ghost)
Fourze was Tsukada Hideaki, Takahashi's first role was on KR Ghost.
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Blackcondorguy »

The theme doesn't tell anything about the series' quality (just for dinosaurs, Zyuranger was meh while Abaranger was topnotch) but this feels really derivative of Zyuranger. I know it was 25+ years ago, but still, as an aging fan this is disappointing.

The design is great, though.

Wait...great design+derivave feel...I so hope it's not Ninninger all over again! If anyone says is on fire, I guess I'll have to drop the show.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Blackcondorguy wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:52 am The theme doesn't tell anything about the series' quality (just for dinosaurs, Zyuranger was meh while Abaranger was topnotch) but this feels really derivative of Zyuranger. I know it was 25+ years ago, but still, as an aging fan this is disappointing.
You must be the only person to say this. Everyone else has been saying it's a rehash of Kyoryuger.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Blackcondorguy »

HowlingSnail wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:14 pm You must be the only person to say this. Everyone else has been saying it's a rehash of Kyoryuger.
I can see why. Actually, I had just seen the costumes and read the plot when I posted the last message. Now that I've seen more previews, Kyoryuger inspirations are obvious : the colors are the same, the mecha looks the same, their names sound similar and I wouldn't be surprised if there were dancing moves involved. The plot, though, is basically Zyuranger's. But now that I think about it, it also has similarities with Kyoryuger's...Maybe the old fan in me went straight to older references and unconsciously threw aside the fresher one.

Anyway, my point was that it feels rehashed and the last sentai which gave me that strong an impression (Ninninger) was the worse I've watched so far.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Blackcondorguy wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:48 pm
HowlingSnail wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:14 pm You must be the only person to say this. Everyone else has been saying it's a rehash of Kyoryuger.
I can see why. Actually, I had just seen the costumes and read the plot when I posted the last message. Now that I've seen more previews, Kyoryuger inspirations are obvious : the colors are the same, the mecha looks the same, their names sound similar and I wouldn't be surprised if there were dancing moves involved. The plot, though, is basically Zyuranger's. But now that I think about it, it also has similarities with Kyoryuger's...Maybe the old fan in me went straight to older references and unconsciously threw aside the fresher one.

Anyway, my point was that it feels rehashed and the last sentai which gave me that strong an impression (Ninninger) was the worse I've watched so far.
There's also the Portuguese.

The changer is similar to Abaranger, and the knight thing and the plot are Zyuranger. The rest is Kyoryuger. It's clear they're desperate for a hit.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Can I just ask, why are we going with "Ryusoulger" instead of "Ryuusouger"?
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Quality writer? I'm looking at this guys history and there isn't anything of note.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:53 pm Quality writer? I'm looking at this guys history and there isn't anything of note.
Just my opinion, since I like "Kamen Teacher" live-action, with good personality development when the writer adopt from manga. At least, the writer come from drama industry, look like the writer of KR Build also come from drama. so I hope he is better than the trio Junko - Kento - Nobuhiro at current.
Last edited by kangchan on Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Geez at first I thought this was dragon based sentai but I totally forgot that Dinosaurs and Dragons had almost similar pronounciation, Ryuu. That I cannot help. Now I can say farewall to Lupin VS Pat poor excuse for Lupin one sided toy distribution when they should had leave it balanced for both.

Haven't watch this so call Kamen Teacher and first time hearing this, was it quite successful as it own franchise/series/movies?

CheetahLynx wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:53 pm Can I just ask, why are we going with "Ryusoulger" instead of "Ryuusouger"?
I was wondering about this too. Can somebody explain the reason?
Cause it from what I can see, it seems to pronounce like RyuSoldier

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”