LupinRanger VS PatRanger en film

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:18 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆☆
52%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
No votes
10%

Total votes: 21
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

LupinRanger VS PatRanger en film

Post by Lunagel »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kaitou_Sen ... er_en_film

I'm disgusted with myself at how long it took me to realize that Wilson = Watson. If you've read the original Herlock Sholmes then it's pretty obvious from the beginning the two were in cahoots considering Wilson's name (but I haven't, so I didn't).

Eh, pretty standard Sentai movie. Not really much to say. The guy playing Herlock is actually a very famous (A-lister household-name type) comedian so seeing him chew the scenery was kinda fun.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: LupinRanger VS PatRanger en film

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The Reds have been taken to the Ganglar’s world! And it’s up to them and a Striker to escape from that world!
Of course, the wannabe Doyle character IS the villain. The other rangers had to deal with that until the Reds returned.

Hey Keiichirou… Did the GSPO Academy ever taught you to preserve DNA as evidence?? That little drop of blood might’ve helped in finding out who the Lupinrangers are. To quote Dr. Warner from SVU, DNA is god.

Of course, the Gueris Le Monde cannot be stolen. Not just yet. In order for the events of the show to continue and to amplify its fearsome capabilities at the hands of Gauche, no one can steal it for now.

The Collection Pieces of this movie are as follows: Lucky’s Saikyo Kyutama from Kyuuranger with references to Lucky’s dynamic reentry via meteor showers and the Ginga Brace from Gingaman, with its powers likely referencing Moak’s plant powers.

Eh movie. If anything, enjoyed Keiji Fujiwara playing another tokusatsu character.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't know what it was, but I felt like the visuals in this movie were a cut above the usual in terms of quality. A thoroughly fun movie, although, sad to see the sixth ranger get the shaft as always. Seriously Noel, where the hell were you throughout the whole thing?

Red had so much time to grab Gauche's toy! Come on!

What? The bad guys do a combination attack and they don't even explain how the robots aren't affected? Lame.

Where does Jackpot Striker go after this? Considering Herlock was Aresene's rival, why aren't people suspicious that he's not old as dirt?

Speaking of which, as soon as Herlock called Noel an amateur in Ganglar form, I felt it was obvious he was Herlock. Also speaking of clues, maybe Herlock's deductive skills aren't that great, since the example of observation he uses at the beginning is totally based on inside knowledge that he had.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I mean it makes sense. If the ganglar is using the dead skin of Herlock. He has to do some sort of ruse to make him look brilliant to fool people. I don't think when ganglars disguise themselves they copy everything. It's why another Nigou didn't listen to music and liked sweets. Fake Herlock probably has some deduction skills but probably not on the level of the old Herlock.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I mean it's a nice post revelation explanation for the fake Herlock's "amazing deductive powers". I don't remember if fake Herlock performs any other examples of brilliant deduction, but it's pretty funny that the big one he does is just totally faked.
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

My only complaint is that nobody gave Herlock a Thai Kick. :P
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Crimzonite wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:54 pm My only complaint is that nobody gave Herlock a Thai Kick. :P
/me hi5s
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Well lots of convenience, but still enjoyable, at least we got a break from the "we can'T work together whining" :P

But yeah, way to prolonged Scene with "Gueris Le Monde" he could have easily grabbed or rope snachted it.

As for the DNA they could have preserved it, but I don't think they have anything to compare it by, and at the Point the Movie takes Place they probably thrown out the Jurer Suspicion anyways, could be used now ofc but probably isn't.

Also why does Jack needs a human, just fly out there with the next best Ganglar that goes to Earth?

Tricolore looked a bit meh, but liked the Plasma Wings of LupinRex, and glad he wasn't just a complete C/P from Goody, but yeah the usual "where did the mecha go after the movie"-cliche.

Also dat Stormtrooper Aim from 2 Generals + Motw...

Anyways 4/5, enjoyable Movie.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

I want to say that, at first I was over the moon with the lupins' entrance at the beginning. But writing this, I don't feel that way anymore for some reason.
I wonder why...

Also, no poll?
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Sorry, poll added.
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

I thought it was good. Not as great as developments in the regular show (I’ve just been adoring the whole series! I know it’s not everyone’s favorite, but I’ve personally loved it all) The action was very flashy and bounding all over the place (even more than in the regular show), but that much flashiness did fatigue me by the end. Also Jackpot Striker barely felt like he was in the movie, beyond being a way for Lupin and Pat teams to do mechas at the same time. Wondering if he will be seen among the collection at the end of the series.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Hot darn, I went into this expecting a flashy and fun extended episode and it's exactly what I got. The action is top-notch, which it had better been, and I actually really love the big mecha fight even though it was heavily CGI.

Favourite bit might have been the banter that came about the thieves fusing then both teams having their own separate 'one body conversation' that was a nice call-back to episode 2.

There was also some nice bits of interaction between the two reds though admittedly it's hard to be that impressed when they've had much stronger moments already in the show itself.

It might be a strange thing to say here, but this movie gives me hope the finale of the series will be every bit as satisfying as all the best moments LVSP has had.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

You know, I'm kind of regretting giving last year's film a 4 now. I don't want to hand out a 5 for a such a formulaic Sentai film, yet on the other hand it's definitely better than last year's film (which itself was pretty decent).

If Toei is going to do the whole formula thing, then this movie may very well be the most distilled, most pure version of that formula. And while the end results are predictable as all can be, they did a great job wrapping all of it in a 30 minute runtime bow.

The biggest improvement, I feel, is that they actually based the plot around the series' villains. This isn't the usual case of bringing in an entirely unrelated third party to fight the Rangers while the series' villains pop up a chair, but rather it's a MOTW plan on steroids. I like this. It makes the movie feel connected to the rest of the series, and it gives the villains - particularly Gauche and Destra - some relevance to everything that's going on. It's a very tight rope to walk since it can't affect the rest of the series in a big way, but it works well here.

Along those lines, I'm glad to see the Don's mansion actually has more than 2 rooms.:lol:

The MOTMovie was perhaps a bit too obvious, but then it's not like the film was meant to be an actual mystery (was it?). That's better than the opposite, a hindquarters pull, and I did like how annoyed he got at Noel for almost spoiling it. Now I also get why they used such an odd parody name for Sherlock Holmes; it's best not to use the brand name if you're going to cast him as the villain.

Finally, the action was as great as ever. That first fight in particular between the Lupins, Pats, and Ganglars was really something, wasn't it? And the mecha fight, though perhaps not spectacular, was clearly animated by the same team who did the initial VSX fight; so it has that same high quality materials and lighting look to it that makes it look a lot better than Toei's usual CGI (even for movies). And of course the Lupins get the new shiny, but at this point I'm just happy to see PatKaizer again.:P

I still wish these movies had a bit more substance to them, but doing much better in 30 minutes would be difficult. Either way this one was enjoyable.
Lunagel wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:08 am The guy playing Herlock is actually a very famous (A-lister household-name type) comedian so seeing him chew the scenery was kinda fun.
Oooh, I was going to ask about that. He definitely seemed like the A-lister type given how all of this was setup. Thanks for the confirmation, Luna.:)
takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:32 amsad to see the sixth ranger get the shaft as always. Seriously Noel, where the hell were you throughout the whole thing?
Within the episode? He was clearly recovering from being thrown off of a building. Out of the episode, I have to assume the answer is the same as always: busy filming his introductory arc for the show.
Where does Jackpot Striker go after this?
This unfortunately is the one big plot whole in the movie in tying it to the series. And boy is it a doozy. So many problems would have been solved (and things made more interesting in general) if they had another mecha body sitting around for the past two dozen episodes. Though given that LupinRex is pure CGI, I can see why that's not the case. Still, Jackpot Striker needs a proper exit.
Eric
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Poppy Pipopapo
Favorite Actor?: Iijima Hiroki
Favorite Band: something else
My boom: music, cheese stuff
Quote: "Hello there." -Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Eric »

oh no I'm not watching that movie cuz TV-Nihon haven't released subbed Build movie ffs. guess I'm waiting for Be The One then cuz it's my way to watch toku movies oof
Discord: Eric the Gaming Guy#2407 | Deviantart | Tumblr

Watching: Zi-O, Saikyou Battle (Miniseries), Tokusatsu GAGAGA (Jdorama)
Completed: Gaim, ToQ, Ghost, Zyuoh, Ex-Aid, Kyuu, Build, Lupin VS Pat

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”