KR Zi-O 19 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:20 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
7%
☆☆☆☆
43%
☆☆☆
43%
☆☆
7%
No votes

Total votes: 14
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: KR Zi-O 19 released

Post by SVNBob »

Kuchiri wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:59 pm I do like how both of the future rider belts are really the Ziku Driver with a different middle.
It's not just that. I've noticed something else the future Rider belts have in common. Both of them have a three-part call-out that all end on the same syllable before naming the Rider. And the last word of the triplet is the one directly related to the Rider theme.

Dare Ja? Ore Ja? Ninja. Kamen Rider Shinobi.

Fashion Passion Question. Kamen Rider Quiz.

If there's more future Riders, I expect their belts to do the same.

It also sounds to my ear that the BeyonDriver does the same for Woz. His call out is longer, but at the very least the last two words before "Kamen Rider Woz" (jirai (?) mirai) follow the same pattern. I could be wrong on that one,
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

With all this time travel stuff, I'm getting the vibe that the Oma timeline itself is an alternate timeline from our main one. I know it might be obvious but the show sure as hell isn't painting it like that. It's kind of killing my enjoyment a bit because if you know there's an alternate timeline and Riders exist after 2019, why is Sougo so dead set on being king? I'm still curious as to how he becomes Oma Zio and Sougo probably doesn't trust White Woz but.....at least communicate that, given that just a few episodes back Sougo was dead set on NOT being Zio. Ugh...maybe I'm thinking too much about it and it'll all be revealed but....ugh.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

SVNBob wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:13 am snip
Spoiler
Kikai is the same. He's Dekai, Hakai, Gokai (Hence why a lot of people think he'll be played by a Gokaiger).
I'm not convinced there's anything special about those patterns though. I think someone at Toei had to come up with some jingles quickly and just used the same kind of style for all of them. I wouldn't think anything of it.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Caught up again now, and I'm still feeling pretty "meh" on these Future Riders, especially Woz :/ Using the Jiku Driver as a basis for them is cost efficient, but its really out-of-place feeling for Riders with completely independent themes and power sets using the same basic technology for their Rider gear. With the exception of V3 back in Showa, we've never had any new Riders use the same tech as their predecessors.

Also, is it just me, or is it that the more we see of Kamen Rider Woz, the more he feels like his theme is actually "zealous fanboy"? Like really, his transformation sequence has some cool aspects but it goes on so long and over the top, and all his Driver and Armor call-outs are way more slang and "Banzai" focused than pretty much any Rider gear we've seen to date. With Geiz, I could understand the whole concept of his name carrying over, he probably had to steal and refurbish a Jiku Driver under Oma Zi-O's nose and coming from a post-apocalyptic future that makes some sense. But Kamen Rider Woz, the more you see him fight and how he acts even compared to Black Woz in terms of hamming up everything, it starts coming off more as him trying to match up to the big dogs to show them how cool he is :P
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty decent episode. I like how the future rider was actually in the plot, rather than a dream Zi-O had.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

HOLY FUCKING FUCK RED BUSTER IS A FUCKING KAMEN RIDER. This show may vary WILDLY in quality, but goddamn if Toei isn't giving me in particular everything i didn't know i wanted. Kami-sama chewing the scenery and getting a 5th(?) name, More decade, even more decade, ninjarider played by starninger (he's somehow better here in 2 episodes than the whole show of ninninger, go figure) and red buster as a quiz show based kamen rider because why the fuck not?
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”