Lupin VS Pat 49 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:12 am

☆☆☆☆☆
57%
☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆
14%
☆☆
7%
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 49 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 3.78 / 5 (18 votes)

Alt Title: Brazaacon

Some pretty good scenes between Kairi and Kei throughout the episode. The payoff at the end was good too. (Although the timing of those random mooks attacking for no reasons was rather convenient)

Sakuya, maybe you should spend less time thinking about how your underage fugitive girlfriend was even younger two years ago, okay?

Sad that Tsukasa hasn't had any big moments recently, since I'm not digging what's going on with Sakuya at the moment. But the episode is pretty solid for the most part.

My one nitpick is that if Dogranio was so powerful, why didn't he do anything all this time. And why choose now to go on the rampage? His whole thing just seems very under motivated and terribly plot convenient.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 49 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Keiichirou and Kairi encounter each other after the events of the previous episode and Kairi finds out Zamigo’s MO, prompting the other rangers to share intel on Zamigo. And out of his generous heart, Keiichirou drops his Javert characterization and wants to help Kairi.

Dogranio trashes the city and curbstomping the thieves, while Zamigo shows up with the thieves’ loved ones. From there, Kairi must do the impossible to save the Lenores they treasure.

Dogranio’s safe is a dimension filled with Super Sentai shoutouts and capabilities that make him a next-gen Tony Montana. And some of them are reused Collection Pieces from previous episodes. Name them all if you want because I can't solve hammerspace math.

Eh episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:12 am
My one nitpick is that if Dogranio was so powerful, why didn't he do anything all this time. And why choose now to go on the rampage? His whole thing just seems very under motivated and terribly plot convenient.
I was wondering about that as well. Maybe he was very confident with his skills that it does not really matter when to go on a rampage. It's just that he was not very motivated to go on a rampage, plus there are still more Ganglars who were competitors to be his successor until Destra was beaten. I understand Gauche was betrayed because apart from what she did throughout the series, is too reliant on Collections and allies to fight and not her own ability as individual. (Taketatsu Ayana voices Leafa in Sword Art Online. That anime is very realisitic. To be specific, all very powerful opponents(Heathcliff/Kayaba Akihiko, Oberon/Sugou Nobuyuki, Nautilus/Nochizawa Eiji) are cheating and taking away/break the source of their cheating is how Kirito defeat them. Though, Kayaba knows how to fight fair so it does not really count in that category but Kirito only won against the other two because he takes away their source of overpowered strength). Somehow, Dogranio was expecting her to fight like Destra, fight with own strength. That came to my mind when he takes away the Collections from Gauche. In the end, the rangers win against her because she was like most other Ganglars, too weak to fight without collections.

My assumptions back in Episode 43 turned out to be true. It was the frozen man that we saw in Episode 2 from Touma's flashback.

There sure is a lot of Collections in Dogranio's safe. He's like the evil version of Doraemon.

Regardless, I'm glad that Lupin Kaiser ain't immortal that they never lose any giant battle. At least I change my mind about Lupinrangers being made immortal.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

In an ideal world, Pat 1 and Lupin Red would team up to beat Zamigo and that's how'd they each get over their shit. It probably won't happen.

Really like K-mans character development. Best Red in a long time.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

I want to use Moving Samurai!
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Kairi and Keichiro, moreso the latter, are going to go down as my favourite Reds in a long time. They're a big part of why I really liked this episode so much, though not the only reason. Despite the bumps the show had on the way here, it's got me really excited for it's endgame.

Side note, I like that Sakuya was mad at Noel at first not necessarily because of keeping the thieves' identities hidden, but because he thought Noel was bringing them all closer just as some mind game or something. Noel then of course says it's because he really did just want them to get along, which I thought was sweet. ...Not that I think he's been doing a good job of that!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

As the penultimate episode to this series most of the episode was focused on the build-up, and I wouldn't have expected anything less. I don't think every part quite worked, but on the whole it worked to get everything in place for the finale next week.

As pretty much everyone else has already noted, the strongest parts for this episode are definitely the Kei-Kairi interactions. I admittedly feel like they've had to water down Kei some to get to this point - mostly leaning on his desire to do good - but it works. And certainly, it's the emotional soul of the episode. The Lupins aren't the villains, so the show was always going to need to give us an out for why the Pats ultimately choose to help them.

I do wish the Pats had more to do though. Actually the Lupins save Keiri were a bit shortchanged to, but the Pats even more so. It was basically the Red/Red/Silver show. The final episode has so many things to wrap up that I'm not sure anyone other than the Reds are going to get much focus.

Meanwhile, I have mixed feelings on the mecha fight. In terms of set building, they went all out. That's a really nice ruined city set, and the amount of actual, real pyrotechnics and squib packs they used was a visual delight. I suspect they weren't worried about the state of the set once they were done.:p However the actual fight itself is less interesting; curbstomp battles are kind of boring, especially when it's the villain doing it. Granted, the robos tend to get their asses handed to them near the end every year, but this year especially felt one-sided; they didn't even really go down fighting, since the Don has a goddamn pocket nuke.
takenoko wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:12 am My one nitpick is that if Dogranio was so powerful, why didn't he do anything all this time. And why choose now to go on the rampage? His whole thing just seems very under motivated and terribly plot convenient.
I'm in complete agreement here. The show has underdeveloped its villains (and the ice man is practically a red herring), so this is the result.

To give the writers some credit, they have clearly established that Dogranio has spent a lifetime running a successful inter-dimensional criminal gang. He is the boss who has done it all and seen it all, and if anything, he's a little peeved that the Rangers are picking off his subordinates, stealing his collection pieces, and screwing up his retirement plan. But he's also the textbook Sentai boss character; the kind that is so powerful that he doesn't see a need to lift a finger until the very end. It's been done before, and it feels like we're just here now because the heroes need to beat the final villain.
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:00 am In an ideal world, Pat 1 and Lupin Red would team up to beat Zamigo and that's how'd they each get over their shit. It probably won't happen.
Right?

Unfortunately Zamigo has been setup more or less exclusively as a Lupin villain, since its his actions that put the Lupins on their path. So it needs to be the Lupins who defeat him, in order to give that thread closure.

February 10th?
So if next week (Feb 3rd) is the finale, and the Super Sentai Battle Royale doesn't start until February 17th, what the heck is airing on February 10th? Is Super Hero Time getting preempted? The fact that we're not going straight into the next series is odd enough, but the one week gap is especially confusing.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:19 am So if next week (Feb 3rd) is the finale, and the Super Sentai Battle Royale doesn't start until February 17th, what the heck is airing on February 10th? Is Super Hero Time getting preempted? The fact that we're not going straight into the next series is odd enough, but the one week gap is especially confusing.
The only thing that makes sense is that we'll be getting two more episodes still. My guess is that Zamigo will be taken out next time, and then Dogranio the following episode.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

BreadToku wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:28 am
ViRGE wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:19 am So if next week (Feb 3rd) is the finale, and the Super Sentai Battle Royale doesn't start until February 17th, what the heck is airing on February 10th? Is Super Hero Time getting preempted? The fact that we're not going straight into the next series is odd enough, but the one week gap is especially confusing.
The only thing that makes sense is that we'll be getting two more episodes still. My guess is that Zamigo will be taken out next time, and then Dogranio the following episode.
Without spoiling the trailer, it makes it very clear that the next episode is the last one. So that would have to be one hell of a fake out, which isn't something Toei is known for doing.

Lunagel, do you know what's going on for the 10th?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Actually, when it's the final episode, it's numbered as "Final" instead of a number, and they did numbered it as 50, so I guess there a 51th.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Uhh yeah guys the 4 week special doesn't start until the 17th so there are two episodes left still. Granted the title for the next one is pretty final but it's still not the last one
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:32 am Uhh yeah guys the 4 week special doesn't start until the 17th so there are two episodes left still. Granted the title for the next one is pretty final but it's still not the last one
Interesting. Thanks for the clarification, Luna.:)

It's certainly an odd trailer then. Maybe they're setting up for an epilogue episode 51? We'll see soon enough...
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

heh heh. Maybe it will be the fan-fic-tastic crossover episode where they use the collection pieces to bring back those who have be lost (pat 2, Lupin, etc) but the book turns into a clock looking thing which disappears when Oha stops time and takes the watch (using the Lupin catchphrase). Oha then creates an Another Ranger. Shogo, Geiz, and Tsukuyomi show up but are not able to defeat the Another Ranger because of the watch in the safe. They have to rely on the Pats and the Lupins (who cannot transform but can still use their weapons) to open the safe and take out the watch. The Riders then destroy the Another Ranger which destroys the watch. Umika then realizes that she also has a Ranger Watch (given to her by time travel) and when she gives the watch to Sougo the timeline changes and the Ganglars are written out of the timeline, so all of the people who died are now okay and 3/4 of the city which was destroyed in Mecha fights is restored. Then they have a short segment showing how everyone's life went in the different time line.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Why the hell would anyone think the final episode is next week? I'm baffled as to how you could possibly have assumed that.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The title for next week is rather misleading

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”