Lupin VS Pat 50 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:05 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
12%
☆☆
No votes
6%

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 50 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.23 / 5 (13 votes)

Alt Title: Get in my belly!

It's good to see the Lupins get their part of the quest done. Kind of figured that with two episodes left, it'd be one commander and then the other.

It feels kind of weird to be fighting Podaman at this stage with Dogranio being right there. Even if he didn't have any henchmen left, it feels weird that he doesn't clone some old ones, just to show some progression in strength for the heroes and recycle some costumes.

Ah, Sakuya and Tsukasa. I wish you guys had more screen time.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 50 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

LOVED that gambit, Thieves!!

Very good that the Rangers are helping each other in spite of Dogranio's invasion or Hilltop's concerns of stolen Trigger Machines. And it's human enough for the Patrangers to keep on fighting such an inhuman evil.

Jingi Irie/Zamigo should've had more screentime to fulfill some of the stuff he knew of the thieves or how/why he caused the mass disappearance case prior to his final battles with them. For one, him screwing with Destra "because he shouldn't touch the thieves" isn't enough. It would've been nice to see them fight. And at the time he got a third safe from Gauche, he could've asked her about Kairi because Gueris Le Monde scanned him in Episode 8. That said, OK-ish for Irie-san. Congrats, I guess.

Yeah, the anime robot noises are inappropriate for Zamigo's pistol whipping. Someone should hit the dumb audio person with a grip's punch.

Keep that gambit going with THAT BOOK!!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Seems like this week was the Lupin finale, while next week is the Patranger finale. Which is kind of a shame. Even at the end, Toei won't treat them like equals.
Spoiler
Super Patren 1gou is finally happening though! And it's sad because I can pretty much guarantee it's due to fan complaints, not because they actually wanted to do it.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

There's no sound on the HD version.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yep, deleted and v2ing
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So why does Zamigo need to open his safes to get his ice guns out if its not connected to a collection piece?

How is Noel able to break out of the ice while Blue and Yellow can't?

Like all the other Ganglar commanders, I don't feel like I knew enough about Zamigo to really be invested in him getting offed. Like I know he's responsible for the disappearances and killing him resolves that, but nothing is explained to his motivation, why he's a bit of a maverick amongst the Ganglars but respected by the boss regardless or any of it. He doesn't even come across as being particularly evil, just bored.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't think Noel breaks out of the ice. Kairi uses the gun to warp him since that's the secret power of his weapon.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

The trigger machines being able to lock safes? That came out of nowhere and if you think about it, useless except for dealing with Zamigo's very specific ability. Kairi confident in knowing how to make use of that ice gun's warping power just after grabbing hold of it? Awfully convenient. Also in the end, Zamigo himself (and all the ganglars) was really never that captivating of a villain on his own.

And yet I didn't mind all that too much because I enjoyed this episode so much. The action is top-notch as I've come to expect from this show. There are tiny callbacks like Noel stealing that treasure and then kicking Zamigo just like he did to that Wukong ganglar back in X's debut episode. And also Kairi shooting off Zamigo's hat just like back during their first meeting. And I was really sold on the emotional scenes between all the thieves, from them deciding to throw away their old promise of 'as long as one of us makes it', to just how happy and content they were after beating the cause of all their suffering.

As strange as it is to say though, I'm most thrilled about the preview for next episode. The Lupinrangers have come to the end of their story, so to speak, so now it's time for the Patrangers to bring it all home. I know there are and will be people who think it would have been more appropriate for all seven rangers to be part of the final confrontation, but honestly I think I vastly prefer this instead. 'Splitting up' the finale in this way between two factions is something I think only this show could do, and I love the idea of how after the Lupinrangers fought to save the people they care about, now the Patrangers have to do the same.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I had a real scare when Umika wakes up not knowing where she was:
Cat's Eye spolier
In Cat's Eye Hitomi (secretly one of three phantom thief sisters "Cat's Eye") is the fiancee of a bumbling policeman Utsumi who is trying to arrest Cat's Eye. At the end of the manga Hitomi flees the country to America narrowing escaping Utsumi who want to "arrest" her with a wedding ring. Utsumi tracks her down only to find that she has lost her memory to viral meningitis so Utsumi nurses her back to health and they reconnect.

Something like that would be pretty wrong for Umika/Sakuya.
LOL at the front page picture with the scarves. You have to work those ships!
Last edited by resop2 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Eternally Adieu...

Lupinrangers role is over and their goal were finally achieved. Now it's up to Pats to take care of the rest and deal with Gramps Doraemon.

A few things to comment. First, even though Kei-chan rode Siren Striker from the start, why there is no Patranger mark on his operating console icon? I thought if Lupins rode it, it would be against the rule to have it on their operating console so they leave it blank. Talk about lazy and annoying.

Second, Trigger Machines hidden power to reset combination code was obviously a last minute feature. Well, yes, everyone wonders what if you used a Trigger Machine on a Ganglar's safe. Then, even Pats can take the Lupin Collection too but doing that is a very roundabout method which you get it by resetting the codes and then reinput it directly. I don't think Ganglars will sit still and let that happen.

Third, I was hoping if LupinKaiser can't win, then it's PatKaiser that can beat Grampa Doraemon. Simple as that.
HowlingSnail wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:22 am
Spoiler
Super Patren 1gou is finally happening though! And it's sad because I can pretty much guarantee it's due to fan complaints, not because they actually wanted to do it.
Yes, it's obvious. It's Toei and Bandai's faults in the first place for implementing overdrastic change haphazardly that ended up making fans complain. Otherwise, what else can happen if the fans choose not to protest? Attempted riot and arson on Toei Studio and Bandai HQ?
TypicalStandUser wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:32 am
Jingi Irie/Zamigo should've had more screentime to fulfill some of the stuff he knew of the thieves or how/why he caused the mass disappearance case prior to his final battles with them. For one, him screwing with Destra "because he shouldn't touch the thieves" isn't enough. It would've been nice to see them fight.

And at the time he got a third safe from Gauche, he could've asked her about Kairi because Gueris Le Monde scanned him in Episode 8. That said, OK-ish for Irie-san. Congrats, I guess.
I agreed with you that Zamigo need more screentime since he acted a bit like Wolzard though did not care about fighting with pride. Furthermore, it would be awesome if he and Destra fights because Zamigo himself can't afford to lose his favourite toy in the hands of someone else.

But about when he asked Gauche for a third safe, it is a bit inappropriate if he asked info about Kairi. Why? Think of it this way. Just like if people who just wanted to know what is going on inside a game or a series by playing it or watching it respectively by themselves without needing tips or summary from everyone, Zamigo don't want to get spoiled with people giving him info about his favourite entertainment, which is Kairi/LupinRed. If he really wants to know it, he prefer knowing that from Kairi/LupinRed himself. Do note that he wants to have fun so asking for info would make his entertainment boring. If he knows Kairi's weakness, he won't get to enjoy it much and he was confident that either way he could win. So the conclusion is, don't spoil the fun. It's that simple and a common sense.

On the note while it is almost over, Aiya resop2, it is SAKUYA NOT SAYAKA, SAYAKA is a common girl's name. HIKAWA SAKUYA IS A BOY/MAN NOT A GIRL/WOMAN. Do check your spelling.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

takenoko wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:27 am I don't think Noel breaks out of the ice. Kairi uses the gun to warp him since that's the secret power of his weapon.
Shows how little attention I've paid to this series that I totally even missed it could do that.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was an interesting surprise. We've known for a while now that Lupin vs. Pat would have 51 episodes one way or another. But last week's preview strongly suggested this week was the final fight. I guess this means Toei didn't exactly lie to us, but they didn't give us the whole truth either. Giving each team what's essentially its own finale is not what I would have expected, but maybe I should have. It's certainly one way to ensure each team gets its proper focus.

As far as the villains go, I think I said everything that needed to be said last week. They're underdeveloped and the show suffers for it; this week does nothing to fix that.

Instead, the show is riding on the strength of its characters, as it has been all season. They really are delightful characters, so it's not entirely a bad thing. Kairi's actor in particular has done really well in these past two episodes, ranging from brooding and angry to an interesting take on happy once the Lupins had finally won.

As for the Pats. Well, this isn't their finale. I'm glad they got what's presumably the finale mecha fight and with all of their upgrades for once, though it was a short fight that clearly didn't have much work put into it.

I really liked the concept behind the Lupins locking Zamigo's safes, and I wouldn't be surprised if that feature was baked into the series bible from the start (since it's the natural inverse to the dial fighters). However I also agree that it feels like it was pulled out of nowhere, since it was presented to the viewer at the last possible moment. It admittedly keeps things surprising - actually freezing Zamigo seems like it would have also been a plenty valid solution - but I would have liked some foreshadowing here so that it would have felt more natural.

As for the action,the fight choreography was on point. It is a finale after all, and the Zamigo fight lived up to it, including some good uses of the handicams and the drone cams.

Other random observations:
  • I think Touma attacking a civilian police officer might have been the first actual criminal thing they've done... (also, why do the Global Police have their own hospital?)
  • Could someone please teach Sakuya to hold his damn gun correctly?
  • What the heck was with that Lupin Blue roll call? It wasn't the usual voice clip and was very gruff for some reason.
  • Hey, Zamigo's safe code is 335! I was wondering when Megaranger's henshin code would finally show up on a safe.
  • I'm surprised by how lightly the plot is taking last week's beatdown of Lupin Kaiser. The dial fighters were all fine, and Good Striker (a sentient character) only needed a quick off-screen fix.
Next week:
Spoiler
I guess the Lupins are going to have to get out before the climax of the big Don fight next week. They took Siren Striker with them, and in the preview we see Pat Red wearing it
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:05 pm Ah, Sakuya and Tsukasa. I wish you guys had more screen time.
Double the reds, double the reds hogging all the screen time. :x
Catastrophe wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:14 am So why does Zamigo need to open his safes to get his ice guns out if its not connected to a collection piece?
Because it looks cool. That's it.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:59 am What the heck was with that Lupin Blue roll call? It wasn't the usual voice clip and was very gruff for some reason.
Both Red and Blue were more forceful in announcing themselves to show they were more serious than usual. I guess Yellow and X didn't get the memo. Funny enough, this is the second time Blue gave an angrier performance for the roll call. ...The first was against that ganglar that tricked him into doing aerobics with Sakuya.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I thought MEGA was 3-5-5?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:49 pm I thought MEGA was 3-5-5?
Nope, 3-3-5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejCGos8rIFc
335 Enter: Ranger transformation.
259 Enter: Calls the Cyber Sliders
761 Enter: Calls the Digitank
108 Enter: Launches the Mega Shuttle
541 Enter: Deploys the Galaxy Mega

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”