KR Zi-O 21 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:47 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆☆
56%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 9
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 21 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 3.6 / 5 (10 votes)

Alt Title: TCELES B HSUP

Alright episode. It's been a while since Tsuda Kanji was a guest star in toku, I've missed that guy. Wish he had a bigger part.

Suga Takamasa is looking good for his age! Glad he has an active part in the episode (though I wish he could have done more as well)

The hints of things to come with Chekov's upgrade watch and mirror Sougo is interesting. It has potential, I'll say that much.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 21 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Of course, P-Bandai announces a Mirror World Watch pack featuring the new Watches from this episode.

Welcome back, Suga-san! Tsuda-san!!

Good that Heure's bringing his A game on MOTW creation. Another Ryuga is a challenge just as Another Ghost was.

Geiz, screw destiny. Do not take the challenge. Let your target take care of the obstacle.

Good episode. I hope that Kanzaki drawing could be available as a wallpaper.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I got a serious nostalgic rush just from that screechy sound effect and that visual in the first few minutes reminiscent of Ryuki's opening. As for the episode itself, it's pretty cool. Another Ryuga is maybe my favourite-looking Another Rider so far, and that he's actually Ryuga is pretty interesting. I also like how just about every one of our main characters right now has their own individual agenda.

Shinji didn't get to do much, though his actor is also technically playing double duty as his mirror self I suppose. I am sure that we still won't see much of the actor next week too, but somehow I didn't feel too bad. Maybe it's because I was expecting that going into the episode. The fact that he showed up at all is pretty cool, and he is already playing more of a part then Kouta and Kaito did back in the Gaim episodes.

Also I think I really love Mirror Zi-O for all the wrong reasons. He's really goofy in how evil he is. They could have gone with a more silent and stoic performance kinda like Ryuga from Episode Final, but I vastly prefer this for entertainment value even if his intimidation factor might not all be there. I also like that his design is literally a mirrored version of the hero. They could have gotten away with a black palette swap but I find this approach more interesting, though probably only because the riders in this show have big bold words written on their faces.

Only missed opportunity is that his belt and watch's sound effects are just this demonic version of Zi-O's sounds instead of being the same sounds played backwards. I know that probably would have sounded terrible, but you committed this much to the mirror gimmick so you might as well go all the way!
Last edited by BreadToku on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

is that the same jacket wore by build's cast before in the picture?
i wonder if the design is the same or they add in new logo per new series
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by snowking666 »

Damn. I'm really loving Zi-O at the moment. It goes from being the worst rider show for me(ep1-6) to being a contender for my top 10 best kamen rider show. in just 21 episode. I guess changing the director and maybe the writer(?) really does wonder. The way they make another rider is just SUBARASHI this past few week.

Maybe i am minority but i am in Geiz side as Kamen Rider Zi-O remind me of Ryuki. Sougo(Shinji) Geiz(Ren) Tsukoyomi(Yui). Ren in my favourite in Ryuki and He won at the end. So, i'm hoping that Geiz can follow his father footstep.

These are some things i noticed this episode:

-Apparently, The Time Jackers have the ability to rewind time as well.

-Shinji tried to kill himself. For anybody that doesn’t know, Charcoal-burning suicide is suicide by burning charcoal in a closed room or area. Death occurs by carbon monoxide poisoning.

-Geiz sacrificing his life to defeat Another Ryuga might be strange at first glance, but remember, his main objective his to prevent Sougo from becoming Oma Zi-O, but he’s ready to risk his life to prevent Another Ryuga from causing more casualty, that shows how much Geiz trust Sougo now.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, do you really think the implication is that Shinji tried to kill himself? That seems weirdly dark, and sort of out of place considering it's not touched upon or mentioned. I just figured that he shut all his windows and didn't realize he put himself in a dangerous position.
snowking666
Gao
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."

Post by snowking666 »

takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:56 am Huh, do you really think the implication is that Shinji tried to kill himself? That seems weirdly dark, and sort of out of place considering it's not touched upon or mentioned. I just figured that he shut all his windows and didn't realize he put himself in a dangerous position.
Early Heisei series is usually dark. ryuki is considered one of the darkest(kuuga is still the darkest). I don't know why they don't touched it either. My guess is to not give a reason for parent backlash. Implied is ok but you can't directly said/show it. One of the reason there is barely little to no civilian death in the beginning of the series. From Kuugo to Decade, monster still kill civilian. Starting Fourza, we barely see it. I don't know whether it's correct or not though.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

"Heel" Sougo >> "Baby face" Sougo. For some actors being the villain just suits them better.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

But Shinji doesn't necessarily seem suicidal once he's rescued. If that's the case, the actions seem undermotivated?

He covers up the mirrors because he's scared of his mirror self, but if he's afraid for his life, why commit suicide? That theory just doesn't add up to me.
snowking666
Gao

Post by snowking666 »

takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:25 pm But Shinji doesn't necessarily seem suicidal once he's rescued. If that's the case, the actions seem undermotivated?

He covers up the mirrors because he's scared of his mirror self, but if he's afraid for his life, why commit suicide? That theory just doesn't add up to me.
This is just my assumption. It's been nearly 20 years since the event of Episode Final. Maybe, Shinji is sick of getting afraid and want to end everything. I am just speculating based on what i once or twice saw in drama. Hopefully, i am wrong as you said "the actions seem undermotivated?".
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

"He'll coming..."

Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Oh, so they're actually acknowledging that Ryuga was from the AU of Episode Final? That's surprisingly competent writing from this show.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty average episode to be honest. Cameos were kind of lame.

I wish the power up arcs had higher stakes like they used to in older series.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:06 pm "He'll coming..."

Oh yeah, QC made a recommendation and I didn't notice that the whole sentence had to be modified around it. I actually had the V2 ready, but forgot to push it out during lunch. Speaking of which, incoming V2!
godstriker8
Infinity

Post by godstriker8 »

snowking666 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:22 am
takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:56 am Huh, do you really think the implication is that Shinji tried to kill himself? That seems weirdly dark, and sort of out of place considering it's not touched upon or mentioned. I just figured that he shut all his windows and didn't realize he put himself in a dangerous position.
Early Heisei series is usually dark. ryuki is considered one of the darkest(kuuga is still the darkest). I don't know why they don't touched it either. My guess is to not give a reason for parent backlash. Implied is ok but you can't directly said/show it. One of the reason there is barely little to no civilian death in the beginning of the series. From Kuugo to Decade, monster still kill civilian. Starting Fourza, we barely see it. I don't know whether it's correct or not though.
What makes Kuuga the darkest series? Sure they show the MOTW kill an innocent person, but other series did that too (like Agito). Most of the darkness is implied (I remember stuff like a reporter saying how many people died, but the show not actually showing much of it).

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”