KR Zi-O 21 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:47 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆☆
56%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 9
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Re: KR Zi-O 21 released

Post by WannaFantaMan »

HowlingSnail wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:06 pm "He'll coming..."

Engrish funny xD
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

godstriker8 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:23 pm
snowking666 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:22 am

Early Heisei series is usually dark. ryuki is considered one of the darkest(kuuga is still the darkest). I don't know why they don't touched it either. My guess is to not give a reason for parent backlash. Implied is ok but you can't directly said/show it. One of the reason there is barely little to no civilian death in the beginning of the series. From Kuugo to Decade, monster still kill civilian. Starting Fourza, we barely see it. I don't know whether it's correct or not though.
What makes Kuuga the darkest series? Sure they show the MOTW kill an innocent person, but other series did that too (like Agito). Most of the darkness is implied (I remember stuff like a reporter saying how many people died, but the show not actually showing much of it).
Eh, one of the many different endings had the female lead kill herself before ending on a cliffhanger that basically said that Ryuga is going to destroy the world. It's a story about people in a battle royale of sorts. It's very dark but most of it is bland and boring. imo.
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by snowking666 »

Kuchiri wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:22 pm
godstriker8 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:23 pm

What makes Kuuga the darkest series? Sure they show the MOTW kill an innocent person, but other series did that too (like Agito). Most of the darkness is implied (I remember stuff like a reporter saying how many people died, but the show not actually showing much of it).
Eh, one of the many different endings had the female lead kill herself before ending on a cliffhanger that basically said that Ryuga is going to destroy the world. It's a story about people in a battle royale of sorts. It's very dark but most of it is bland and boring. imo.
Maybe for you but Ryuki still hold a spot in my top 5 best kamen rider: Kuuga,Ryuki,Faiz, Blade, W, & Build.
arromdee
Go Go!

Post by arromdee »

WannaFantaMan wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:37 pm

Engrish funny xD
Also at 5:19 is the sentence "He disappears places where there's nowhere to run". However, I'm looking at the 720p version, which seems to be old, so it could have been fixed.

And at 13.38 is "Realy sly."
Last edited by arromdee on Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Uhh sounds okay to me what's wrong with it?
arromdee
Go Go!

Post by arromdee »

"He disappears places" should be "He disappears from places". "He disappears places" means "he causes places to disappear".

"Realy" should be spelled "Really".
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Doesn't necessarily need a particle there. It would make the meaning more obvious but tbh I think it's pretty obvious by context he's not a magician.

the really was fixed
arromdee
Go Go!

Post by arromdee »

For many mistakes, it's obvious from context what the mistake is supposed to be.

Disappear as a transitive verb means to make someone or something disappear.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Except in this case it's not being used as a transitive verb. I'm not arguing that it couldn't be used in that context but you have to remeber that slang is a thing and in this case it'd be fine to drop the particle because it's pretty obvious what the situation is.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Disappear as a transitive verb is extremely sloppy English. The line as written was fine. It's slang, and how people actually speak, as opposed to using Disappear as a transitive verb, which is how small children speak when they don't know any better.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:03 pm Pretty average episode to be honest. Cameos were kind of lame.

I wish the power up arcs had higher stakes like they used to in older series.
That makes two of us. But at least Sougo will stop getting his ass kicked every week.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

This has been bugging me since I saw this episode. I get they were going for a "Print is dead" vibe, but wouldn't a site where users reported on the news be INSANELY popular in this age of social media? Maybe it's a cultural difference thing......
takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:25 pm But Shinji doesn't necessarily seem suicidal once he's rescued. If that's the case, the actions seem undermotivated?

He covers up the mirrors because he's scared of his mirror self, but if he's afraid for his life, why commit suicide? That theory just doesn't add up to me.
Because if he dies then so does his counterpart. At least that was my initial thought. But if that were the case then he probably would have embraced Geiz cutting him down. It probably was their intention but they decided not to follow up on it for whatever reason.

This episode was just alright. It wasn't terrible but didn't set the world on fire either. Ryuki was always an interesting setting but I feel they're not using it to it's full potential.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”