Type: ISFJ Protector

Tokusatsu GAGAGA 03 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.71 (7 votes)

Alt Title: The Sixth Ranger?

I wish there were a good term for Tsuika Senshi like there is in Japanese. Sixth Ranger was pretty good until they started varying up the number of team members.

Man, Kinami Haruka is playing a pretty harsh character as Kitashiro.

Yay more Yuki-chan!
Cross
Go Go!

Re: Tokusatsu GAGAGA 03 released

Post by Cross »

extra/additional/add-on? hehe
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

I originally called it Additional Hero. But it's just not as catchy as Tsuika Senshi.
BuraddoRun
7X
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Takeshi Kitano
Favorite Band: Momoiro Clover Z
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MLB
Quote: "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18

Post by BuraddoRun »

I can't help but keep giving a 5-star rating to each episode.

How about that ToQger reference!?

Kitashiro...it's strange, because you'd think that if you could find a friend in your fandom you'd be happy, but she hates it, or rather hates people being open about it. Then again, I frequent an idol forum for the group Momoiro Clover Z, and there's a member there who says he gets picked on for liking them by the people he knows, and so he doesn't talk about it in real life, and even says he wishes he didn't like that kind of thing. Has anyone here been ridiculed for liking toku or anything else? When I was younger, I was picked on for various "childish" things (middle school age), but as an adult it's just the occasional light ribbing by some friends. Although I did get an estimate on a poster I wanted framed a couple of years ago where the shop owner said, "that's kind of weird, man." I ended up taking my business elsewhere and getting a better deal. :D
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Toqger reference?
BuraddoRun
7X
Quote: "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18

Post by BuraddoRun »

At the train cafe. The waitress says "now departing" and Kano says "full speed ahead." It's what was said before each episode of ToQger started. And someone mentioned here or possibly elsewhere that Koshiba Fuka is friends with Moritaka Ai (ToQ GoGo) in real life because they've been instagramming or something. I second guessed, wondering if it was just a coincidence, but surely it's a ToQger nod, right?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Maybe? It's such a ubiquitous phrase when it comes to trains it's hard to tell if it was a reference or not.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, it's hard to tell. I mean, they did choose a train cafe, but then again, it could just be a generic thing you say since it's a train themed cafe.

So eating places so far:
Aaraam Jagosh Indian food
Espanol Burger
Table Talk
Train Train
Otami (where they have the ikura festival and Nakamura steals a bear statue from the front)
Rotating Sushi with the salmon festival

Oh. I actually like the parallels there, with Nakamura being a new otaku (fish eggs) versus Yoshida being a last salmon as she's transitioning out.

And they're at some unnamed curry place when discussing the Bee Boys discovery.
BuraddoRun
7X

Post by BuraddoRun »

The other things that feel like clues are that it makes the train sound after the waitress says depart (surely that's not an actual sound that happened in the cafe at that time), Kano said "full speed ahead" quietly and they both giggled afterwards, and biggest of all, she did the same hand signal that Right always did.

I could be wrong, but I really feel like it was a ToQ nod.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Mmm, I feel like the train sound was just a comedic sound effect. The hand signal is something actual train conductors. Also, does ToQ exist in Gagaga? I kinda think we're in a parallel universe here in regards to Sentai/metal heroes
BuraddoRun
7X

Post by BuraddoRun »

Yeah, definitely a parallel universe. I'm sure actual Sentai doesn't exist in the show. I just thought it was a wink at the audience moment is all. The train sounds happen more than once, I noticed after I watched the scene again. So maybe it is just coincidence. Either way, I liked it.

Another note about Kitashiro and the show in general. I think it's pretty awesome that they come up with realistic parallels of toku behavior to real life behavior. I always thought it was silly when the Sixth Ranger started out as a loner and didn't want to join the main team. We always know they eventually will join, but it just never felt natural to me. But this episode did a good job of mimicking that attitude in a real-world way.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

I'm 3rd episode in, and man oh man this is simply the best thing i've ever seen hands down, i give this series an A++, every episode is a blast, i usually delete stuff after i watch it but this one's definitely a keeper.

Can someone put a bell on Chara, or better yet, stun gun his ass whenever he's in the vicinity, that guys a walking disaster lol!, i really felt like punching his face in when he sat his ass down without consent and browsed Yoshida's phone (again w/o consent) on ep.2, Nakamura and Yoshida were having a great conversation there, for me, the NakaYoshi girl talks are the best, and yeah NakaYoshi may also mean good friends :)

I'm really loving Yoshida's manipulative behavior, she's so damn awesome, definitely the cool blue member/commander.

Kitashiro has insanely fast hands, i was like, "woah!", is she a ninja or something, she's probably faster than Yoshida grabbing that last plate of Salmon :)

Return to “Tokusatsu GAGAGA”