Kishiryu Sentai Ryuusouger (Pre release rumor thread)

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kishiryu Sentai Ryuusouger (Pre release rumor thread)

Post by Catastrophe »

Looks more like its Zyuranger crossed with Kyoryuger.

Black is like a carbon copy of Goushi.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:07 pm Or maybe it's 2019 and they'd prefer a series unlike like most 90s shows where you can simply refer to a character as "the girl"
It really does feel like they're taking the five-man band concept very literally this time around, right on down to The Chick.
Catastrophe wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:58 am Looks more like its Zyuranger crossed with Kyoryuger.

Black is like a carbon copy of Goushi.
Now it's possible I have this wrong, but I thought Zyuranger wasn't especially well received in Japan? I've seen it described as a middling series, especially since it had to follow Jetman. So I'm surprised that modern Sentai (apparently) wants to ape it.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:13 pm Also, some preview video?
https://streamable.com/g2w1s
holy FUCK that was a good promo.

I can't even be happy at the potential. we say it EVERY FECKING YEAR.

and the blatant ripoffs of so many other series....

I"ll just hope I'm entertained.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

ryujin wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:22 am Ok, i see now, Black is a pretty buff dude
I think that's just his sleeves...

Anyway. Just listening to Kou's voice in that promo, it doesn't seem like he'll be happy-go-stupid like Lucky or Takaharu...
But I've been wrong before
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Hmmm, that team look, and the theme music from the promo. Now I am getting more of a Zyuranger whimsical fairy tale mystical adventure kinda vibe instead of a Kyouryu + Shinken one.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Did they have to bring back the Armed On gimmick again? I mean if you take the three Dino sentai we've had so far. Each one is very different from each other. Aside from Red always having a T-Rex. This one is basically trying to be all the Dino Sentai combined. Not hopeful right now and I usually am very hopeful for every new season of Rider and Sentai.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

CheetahLynx wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:18 pm Anyway. Just listening to Kou's voice in that promo, it doesn't seem like he'll be happy-go-stupid like Lucky or Takaharu...
But I've been wrong before
My thoughts exactly, hoping for a cool red this time around
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Is it just me or did they just reuse Kyoryuger costume design, also the swords dinosaur motif looks familiar. Lastly is that Gabutyra? Really though it jsut feels like a combination of Kyoryuger and Gingaman. On a better note though I liked kyoryuger design and Gingaman's all wielding sword as main weapon so at least it is a good combi for me.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!

Post by hiro9796 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:13 pm Our character bios:
Spoiler
Wait, they are using that name for the character that the female lead played as. Wow. I guess current Anime popularity do influenced the inspiration for newer SS and KR series. In this case, Sword Art Online sure does have indirect influence on SS and KR for the past few years. For Kyouryuger and Lupin VS Pat, we had Tomatsu Haruka and Taketatsu Ayana playing as the female generals while in Ex- Aid Poppy uses the character name for the girl SAO Kirito loved. I am actually speechless. Not to mention that SAO was quite popular with implementing realistic technologic terms as part of the story. Hypothethically, if Kawahara Reki gets a chance to be hired as a SS or KR writer, my mind would be so blown if that ever happens. Then again, I was actually hoping that VA Matsuoka Yoshitsugu would play a character in SS or KR for once but I guess that is not going to happen easily and so soon. Apart from the mentors, most of this year's cast sure are people around my age as they are born in their 90s. I never actually pay attention to actor/actress's age until I realised Kazakiri Yamato and Tusk actors are people that is as old as me.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

hiro9796 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:41 pm
Go-On Macaroni wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:13 pm Our character bios:
Spoiler
Wait, they are using that name for the character that the female lead played as. Wow. I guess current Anime popularity do influenced the inspiration for newer SS and KR series. In this case, Sword Art Online sure does have indirect influence on SS and KR for the past few years. For Kyouryuger and Lupin VS Pat, we had Tomatsu Haruka and Taketatsu Ayana playing as the female generals while in Ex- Aid Poppy uses the character name for the girl SAO Kirito loved. I am actually speechless. Not to mention that SAO was quite popular with implementing realistic technologic terms as part of the story. Hypothethically, if Kawahara Reki gets a chance to be hired as a SS or KR writer, my mind would be so blown if that ever happens. Then again, I was actually hoping that VA Matsuoka Yoshitsugu would play a character in SS or KR for once but I guess that is not going to happen easily and so soon. Apart from the mentors, most of this year's cast sure are people around my age as they are born in their 90s. I never actually pay attention to actor/actress's age until I realised Kazakiri Yamato and Tusk actors are people that is as old as me.
I mean, some actors do a large variety of roles, and also Asuna isn't an extraordinarily uncommon name.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah, Asuna's a fairly common name, I wouldn't read too much into it.
ryujin
Gabu
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P

Post by ryujin »

Saw the new promo, it looks pretty ok, maybe this time around, everyone gets a power-up just like Deka/Magi/Gosei and not have Red hog all of it for himself like Jyuoh Eagle did

The half Silver suit really reminds me of Jyuoh The World.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

ryujin wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:21 am Saw the new promo, it looks pretty ok, maybe this time around, everyone gets a power-up just like Deka/Magi/Gosei and not have Red hog all of it for himself like Jyuoh Eagle did
That's not Power-Up, it look like Armed-On from Kyoryuger - the sub-weapon on their arm.
Spoiler
The power up for Red will be debuted at quarter 2 (month 4,5,6), along with power up for 6th member
ryujin
Gabu

Post by ryujin »

^ I know it's not a power up, they're just their personal weapons, what i meant was i'm hoping this series will have everyone power-up like the shows i've said.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

The Fact is it's Armed On again. It's exactly like Armed On. I would be cool if they did that gimmick for another Sentai of a different theme. Not another Dinosaur Sentai though. I mean now if you really want to think about it, Abaranger also had their version of Armed On with the blades coming out of their suits. That's like three Dino Sentais in a row now. Using similar gimmicks.

I'm usually a positive person when it comes to these shows. I don't know how many times I've said in early episode discussions on this forum that I'm excited for what a show will bring when people are already writing it off.

We have Dinosaurs for the 2nd time in five years.
Using the same color scheme, zord combinations.
Also using the same primary form of weaponry as the first time.

If they wanted to make sequel season, at least make it an actual sequel season. Especially with how much I loved Lupin vs Pat... I'm pretty sure this show isn't going to do it for me.

I hate that Dragon and Dinosaur are translated similarly in Japan. I would've loved a season of Sentai using Chromatic Dragons as Zords.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”