KR Zi-O 24 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:09 am

☆☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
No votes
20%

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 24 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 3.92 / 5 (13 votes)

Alt Title: Spoiler, it was all a dream

I dunno, but I still really dug this episode. Rento is kind of a monster throughout it, so the future storyline kind of goes in the pits (surprise surprise, the last bastion of hope was a trap). I still like Tsukuyomi working on the other team. Ora's betrayal. Tsukuyomi dies??? Geiz gets the Triforce.

It might not have been totally cohesive, but I dug a lot of it.

Didn't really like Tsukuyomi's "I'm scared" line. It's good on paper, the performance didn't sell it though.

I like that Zi-O is becoming a greater threat. The twist that it wasn't a prophecy but rather a future that Sougo was creating with his imagination (or whatever) is sort of a good one?

Also, kind of hyped to see what they do with Another Zi-O. Could this be Oma Zi-O???
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 24 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Drink some coffee, Oma Woz. Hey, Other Woz, lemme have some dinner!

Ora gathers our heroes and Another Woz in a plea to save Heure. Everyone goes along with it. While it’s good to know that Ora is capable of being a bitch on Schwartz’s level, Other Woz takes advantage of the main Riders’ actions & beats the Jackers again. And the time-traveling fellowship is over.

At the very least, Rento has returned to his senses thanks to Sougo.

Interesting conclusion that Tsuku-chan made.

Another wham shot from Schwartz. Yeah, Oma Zi-O’s just taking a backseat. Schwartz is at his S+ Game.

Good episode.

Now that all 3 Futurering Riders have been accounted for, P-Bandai has officially announced the DX Mirai Driver: A metallic grey-colored DX Jikuu Driver with the appropriate transformation trinkets from the three Riders. $97 USD. Preorders now open with a July release window.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:09 amAlso, kind of hyped to see what they do with Another Zi-O. Could this be Oma Zi-O???
I'm still convinced it's Sougo's uncle, as Zio is Italian for uncle. Albeit pronounced more like ツィオ.

Woz is basically an omnipotent God with his magic book, and now Zi-O can reverse time and seemingly alter it. Geiz, you're falling behind. Develop X-Ray vision or something.

Why does Another Zi-O have 2019 on him? Shouldn't it be 2018 to match the others? Oh wait, I forgot this show is incapable of any sort of consistency or logic.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Why have Tsukuyomi and Geiz completely switched opinions in regards to Zi-O? I wouldn't mind the inconsistency so much if there weren't inconsistencies in basically every episode. Do the writers just not talk to each other? Do the actors have no input whatsoever on how their character acts? (I mean I highly doubt it, they're nobodies for the most part except the uncle)

At least with Decade the characters were more interesting so you could mostly overlook the plotholes.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>I'm still convinced it's Sougo's uncle, as Zio is Italian for uncle. Albeit pronounced more like ツィオ.

Sougo went back in time to become his own uncle? How does that work?

>Why does Another Zi-O have 2019 on him? Shouldn't it be 2018 to match the others?

:/
Lunagel wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:57 am Why have Tsukuyomi and Geiz completely switched opinions in regards to Zi-O?
I don't mind this, but I do wish the changes happened a bit more organically. It seems super weird to entrust your big rider anniversary show to some of the weakest toku writers in the past 5 years
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I'll admit the writing is really weak, but I thought Tsukuyomi made that 180 because she's realized that Sougo really can become Oma Zi-O. Meanwhile, Geiz has been kind of distrusting of the white Woz, and with good reason, given how the white Woz's methods often involve collateral damage. The fact that Sougo continues to find third options and saving the day without anyone getting hurt probably helps as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, that's really well-put Dengar. Completely agreed.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Even though it makes no sense to make the cute kids despicable unredeemable heels in a kids show, I'm digging the fact that unlike wishy-washy Tsukuyomi and Geiz, Heure and Ora are professional and focused on the big picture: remake the future so it favors them, and not worry about other people or even themselves getting hurt. It shows that whoever sent them (Schwartz or some yet to be revealed villain) made a good choice in personnel. Excellent job by Ora in fooling the (sort of) good guys.

A much worse story line would have been two more kids coming from the future to replace Heure and Ora like what happened with Team Rocket.

Even though it was a dream of the future, I wonder how Rento is going to power up anymore without going berserk? It's not like they fixed the satellite.

Are we in the final stretch of the series? It seems that the end of the show flags are coming fast and furious (unless they are going to rename the show Kamen;Rider and repeat Oma day 20 times until Sougo finds the correct way to not cause a dystopian future).
Last edited by resop2 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

resop2 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:55 pm Are we in the final stretch of the series? It seems that the end of the show flags are coming fast and furious (unless they are going to rename the show Kamen;Rider and repeat Oma day 20 times until Sougo finds the correct way to not cause a dystopian future).
If we were we'd have a new series name by now. Anyway, they moved the start date for a reason, I doubt they're going to move it back and compete with Sentai again
kivat

Post by kivat »

anyone else get a break in video towards end during battle around the 16:42 mark? i hear sound but video just skips there with no video for a couple secs during the scream and the power effect for some reason.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:40 pm
resop2 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:55 pm Are we in the final stretch of the series? It seems that the end of the show flags are coming fast and furious (unless they are going to rename the show Kamen;Rider and repeat Oma day 20 times until Sougo finds the correct way to not cause a dystopian future).
If we were we'd have a new series name by now. Anyway, they moved the start date for a reason, I doubt they're going to move it back and compete with Sentai again
Maybe they will get completely off the wall and have Sougo on Oma day become the evil Oma Zi-O and then go into hiding. Then Geiz Revive becomes the lead character for the second half the season in his quest to track down Oma Zi-O.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

kivat wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:14 pm anyone else get a break in video towards end during battle around the 16:42 mark? i hear sound but video just skips there with no video for a couple secs during the scream and the power effect for some reason.
Sounds like your file's corrupt. Double check with RapidCRC or resume it with a torrent. I checked the SD and HD and both are working.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I'm both happy and sad that it was literally all a dream. On the one hand, humanity isn't heading for destruction in the "good" timeline. On the other hand.......humanity isn't heading for destruction on the "good" timeline, which means they don't have to try to explain it and can wave it away, along with all the potential it held. Perhaps they could explain it as "Sougo becomes Oma Zi-O just incase something as threatening as the Humanoise comes about", but I doubt they go that route.
HowlingSnail wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:36 am Why does Another Zi-O have 2019 on him? Shouldn't it be 2018 to match the others? Oh wait, I forgot this show is incapable of any sort of consistency or logic.
Probably because Another Zi-O was created in 2019? Also it's the current season, so they don't have a 2019 rider to compete with.
kivat

Post by kivat »

takenoko wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:27 pm
kivat wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:14 pm anyone else get a break in video towards end during battle around the 16:42 mark? i hear sound but video just skips there with no video for a couple secs during the scream and the power effect for some reason.
Sounds like your file's corrupt. Double check with RapidCRC or resume it with a torrent. I checked the SD and HD and both are working.
it was in the 720hd one but guess i just redownload it later/get the HD if it messes up again, edit i downloaded the HD and re-downloaded the 720p idk if i am getting a corrupt part of the file or what but on GoM player it kinda just blacks-out still for a sec for no reason during the point when geiz is yelling still i downloaded it 2x for some reason the file keeps having it but its getting shorter this time just to a 2 sec of black screen.
Snarkwing
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by Snarkwing »

I'd say it's potentially the latter, as it would fit with the recurring habit of the show's main writers to regularly repeat themselves within the same series. Wouldn't be them if a character didn't fail to learn the same lesson over and over again as their personal character development reset button gets smashed in so they can do the story over again. New situation, same tired conflict that should've been settled, learned from, and moved past ages ago.
Almost predictable, in a way.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”