☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
Cross
Go Go!

Re: Tokusatsu GAGAGA 07 released

Post by Cross »

a recent pic of Koshiba Fuka to commemorate GAGAGA's ending, she is a total babe ^.^
hope to see a 2nd season
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Pic is dead :/
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

i can see it in my browser though

maybe try this link instead then
https://imgur.com/a/xNdI0oU
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What a small pizza! Thanks for the reupload. I feel like I saw she's done photobooks in the past so I'm not too surprised by this.
Vim Crony
7X
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mio
Favorite Actor?: Cleavant Derricks
Favorite Band: Polaris
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kiva and Comix

Post by Vim Crony »

You know what? ... I had to come back to this thread and rethink my initial thoughts on the last episode. Maybe it's just too honest of an honest ending? Kano and Takafumi would never end up together in real life. Ummm, I'm going to say something that might be triggering for some people... She's out of his league. Lol. Also, I think this is a very subliminally queer show. Did anyone else get romantic interest vibes between Kano and Hisami??? Also, Ninkyo-san is clearly queer. AND Hisami's "boyfriend" (who comes out of nowhere) seems like kind of a distraction from her own queerness.

How this show SHOULD have ended (especially considering episode 6):

- Kano and Hisami should have revealed romantic interest in each other.
- The mom should still NOT have apologized and Kano would just go her separate way in life (because who needs a toxic parent???). Maybe at the end of season 2, the mom returns to apologize if we really want it.
- Well, if we're keeping a theme here... Chara and Onoda would have probably got together too. Lol
- Cliffhanger for season 2 - Kano finds out that Damian has abusive parents and has to do something about it.

Did anyone read the manga? I wonder if any of this actually happened... <3
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

> Kano and Takafumi would never end up together in real life. Ummm, I'm going to say something that might be triggering for some people...

Who's Takafumi?

>Did anyone else get romantic interest vibes between Kano and Hisami??? Also, Ninkyo-san is clearly queer. AND Hisami's "boyfriend" (who comes out of nowhere) seems like kind of a distraction from her own queerness.

I don't see those myself, but I'm all for people shipping fictional characters however they want!

- Kano and Hisami should have revealed romantic interest in each other.

It's kind of an interesting power dynamic that they have, for sure. Also, I'm always amazed by how many people know her given name since I don't even think they say it in the TV series

- Well, if we're keeping a theme here... Chara and Onoda would have probably got together too. Lol

I could kind of see that.

- Cliffhanger for season 2 - Kano finds out that Damian has abusive parents and has to do something about it.

Oh damn, that's not that far off considering how physical things get at the end of six.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

Takafumi is the name of the actor who plays that dude in the glasses who is clearly into Kano but doesn't say anything about it to her ever and just angsts in the corner about all the weird misunderstandings Chara has about her. Honestly, i'm glad none of the characters paired up. I felt like the show was more about self-discovery and friendship and adding in even more random romantic interest stuff for the sake of it would mean there's even less time in the short show to deal with other things.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I probably looked at everything on our wiki except the actor name. I should probably see what he looks like normally. He must be decent to be Bee Boys level.
KRDangerousZombie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:37 am Honestly, i'm glad none of the characters paired up. I felt like the show was more about self-discovery and friendship and adding in even more random romantic interest stuff for the sake of it would mean there's even less time in the short show to deal with other things.
Yeah, you're probably right. Not everything needs to have a silly forced romance, and it really doesn't go with the theming of the show to have random pairing ups at the end.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

I liked it. Yeah, the mother make-up could've been stronger and I definitely wanted to see the resolution to Damein's dilemma. That said, this episode was still 5 stars to me. It started out serious and dark but mellowed and got heartwarming by the end. I especially loved Yoshida confirming she had the same fears as Kano.

We definitely need a season 2 :)
BuraddoRun
7X
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Takeshi Kitano
Favorite Band: Momoiro Clover Z
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MLB
Quote: "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18

Post by BuraddoRun »

I don't know what took me so long, but I FINALLY watched the final GaGaGa episode today. Maybe I just didn't want it to end, so I subconsciously avoided it. :P

I can't vote now but I'd give this one 5 stars as well, and the series as a whole 5 stars (or maybe 4.99 since LoveCute is so hideous!).

This episode really felt like a drama more than a tokusatsu show, but that's what this was after all, a drama. I actually really like the ending and feel like it put things where they need to be. A lot is left unknown, but that also makes it feel more organic, as if these characters are real people, and we just spent some time with them in their lives. Kano really grew a LOT during the series. By the end, she has finally begun to understand her mother. Obviously, she didn't want to actually cut her out of her life forever, but she had been deeply hurt by her. Despite that, she allowed herself to understand her mom, and also understand that her mom may never really understand her in return (she tried, at least, even though she turned off the TV in frustration). Even so, Kano wanted to mend their relationship as much as possible and still be her daughter. But she had taken the important step of telling her mom that she doesn't need her as a mother anymore, in the raising sense. But she still wants her as family, and still loves her. I just think this is powerful.

And this episode had some really strong quotes and philosophical ideas! We do forget details, or data, about things as time goes on and it's not fresh on our minds. But we remember the feelings we had in those times. I mean, that's what nostalgia is, right?

It was cool that they did the toku trope of having the suit actors cameo in this episode. And it was a really cool surprise to see Miyauchi Hiroshi!

In the end, I really, really loved this series! If they ever make a second season, of course I'll get excited, but I'm also fine if this is the end. I think that toku and non-toku fans could enjoy it, but then again I haven't shown it to any non-toku fans or posted anywhere but on this toku forum about it so who knows for sure? :lol:

P.S. I ended up purchasing the soundtrack CD, the main title single, and even the Boys and Men CD because I wanted the COMPLETE soundtrack. I'm disappointed it doesn't come with any cast songs (especially the Emerjason karaoke team), but it's still cool. If they do release a blu-ray set, I'll probably buy that as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Nice! For some reason I thought they'd announce the BLu-ray this weekend but still no info.
KRDangerousZombie
7X

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:06 pm Nice! For some reason I thought they'd announce the BLu-ray this weekend but still no info.
My money is on that being anounced at that exhibition thing next week.
Completed Series
Sentai
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07R3ZPG6R/

Rejoice, it comes out in September! There's the limited edition coming from Amazon, and a normal box.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Limited edition costs the same as the normal edition...

150 bucks for 7 episodes? Yikes
KRDangerousZombie
7X

Nearly €150 before shipping & import taxes for 7 episodes!? O_O
Completed Series
Sentai