KR Zi-O 26 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:26 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
No votes
16%

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 26 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 3.64 / 5 (11 votes)

Alt Title: OMG Plots

You know, I was all set to bag on this episode (Come on bus driver, was Tsukuyomi standing in the middle aisle really going to cause you to crash?) but by the time it ended, I actually was looking forward to the next episode. Yeah, call me intrigued!

But it's Zi-O, so I have nitpicks. Here comes the compliment/criticism sandwich
-The twist that Tsukyomi causes the crash is kinda dumb
+But it setting Geiz off to finally use his power-up is kinda cool
-Although it would have been nice if we saw Geiz/Tsukyomi actually interact on an emotional level. I mean, they don't have to be lovers or anything. Just ANYTHING to show that Geiz and Tsukyomi care about each other or even like being in each other's company. The lack of these character moments is why Zi-O can come off as amateurish at times.
-Geiz Revive is too thick
+Geiz Revive has a cool bat form, and is finally kicking Sougo's ass
+Kadoya Tsukasa is coming back in a totally unexpected way? Oh joy! Oma Day, blah blah blah. Just give me more Kadoya Is-a-fucker Tsukasa.

The one character moment that's worked so far is that I like this portrayal of Sougo as a lonely boy, who just wants his friends Geiz and Tsukuyomi back. It's simple and poignant.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 26 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Tsukuyomi, what the fuck have you done…

After hunting down Hayase, Hiryuu finally tells Sougo why he’s after him.

After witnessing the 1st wham shot, Geiz returns to 2019 finish the job. To prove that he’s ready, he curbstomps Hiryuu.

Well, well, Oma Woz. That’s another wham you found there.

This is the whamiest of whams in this show. Sougo has more enemies than allies. Hiryuu can continue to pursue Sougo with the possibility of compromising any future encounters with past riders or Another Riders. Heure & Ora may have to cut ties with Schwartz, while he himself has batshit crazy ulterior motives with a man in black suit to match with. Yep, called it.

Excellent episode.
Last edited by TypicalStandUser on Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Wait, has Hiryuu encountered Tsukuyomi as an adult? I don't think Tsukuyomi is even on his radar, since he mostly blames Sougo for being a demon king.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Frick. Rewatched it... Hiryuu remembers her, but only has Sougo as a target.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Hiryuu's motivations are such a disappointment for such a pivotal point in the show. It is more basic than all of the Another Rider stories. The character isn't interesting enough to offset these shortcomings.

Geiz's reaction to the bus accident feels ham-fisted. I'm suspicious of the incident itself because I'm not sold on the idea that Tsukuyomi was desperate enough to do something so out of character.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

kadoya fucking decade is on the bus, this means..... ITS ALL DECADE FAULT, ONORE DICAIDO!!!!

screw hiryu, geiz and tsukiomy, just bring fucking decade back and change name of show to DECADE II.

hyriu dont chasing tsukiomy just kill his char: its a pointless, dumb, simple minded char. how dafuq someone kill his parents and that dumbass goes after target of murderer instead chase down the murderer?

black woz using beyond driver? dafuq?

its interesting that noone try change what make sougo become oma zi-o and just try be friend and then kill sougo always...theres no way for that dumbass become oma zi-o without something mind controlled or change him.

another zi-o is a interesting concept and even change the rule of riderwatch to defeat another rider until sougo be pissed and start beat him, LAME script. if only geiz revive defeated another zio, geiz surely become a force to be reckoned plus fight in episode 25 make sense because all that subtle things about zio cant defeat zi-o now are just bullshit like 90% of plot of zio.

when i thought that plot had a good improvement is all falling again....

interesting that zio can travel in time and had ass kicked by anyone that have power of super speed...

gaiz lockseed armor isnt so cool but chainsaw is cool as hell, claws in blue form arent so cool but stay in nice design category.
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by snowking666 »

Arigomi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:07 pm
Geiz's reaction to the bus accident feels ham-fisted. I'm suspicious of the incident itself because I'm not sold on the idea that Tsukuyomi was desperate enough to do something so out of character.
We know Geiz right now is does not want to defeat Sougo prevent Oma from being born. So, when he saw Tsukuyomi allegedly try to kill kid sougo( i think she is firing to protect him from Tsukasa/Sworz). A thought came to his mind. Tsukuyomi is willing to do what ever it takes. Geiz himself is not. That moment gave him the push to defeat his friend.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Tsukyomi causing the bus crash is obviously a false flag. What I don't get is why Geiz thinking she did causes him to want to kill Zi-O again.

Interesting that Another Zi-O lives to fight another day and the episode switches to Zi-O vs Geiz. Kind of a lacklustre premier for Geiz Revive though.
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

Catastrophe wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:21 am Tsukyomi causing the bus crash is obviously a false flag. What I don't get is why Geiz thinking she did causes him to want to kill Zi-O again.

Interesting that Another Zi-O lives to fight another day and the episode switches to Zi-O vs Geiz. Kind of a lacklustre premier for Geiz Revive though.
i kinda thought that geiz awaken because she saw tsuku is really serious on killing sougo to the point she wanted to assassinate him in the bus. seeing tsuku did that geiz get rid all of his doubt and hesitation and revive pops out. its like "oh if tsuku go to that length to prevent oma zio, what im hesitating for?"
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

There's clearly a deliberate lack of information. We see Tsukuyomi on the bus. We also see Geiz witnessing this. Somehow this causes him to resolve to become Geiz Revive.

There have been many instances of inconsistent writing but in this case I think they're just deliberately holding back.

Speaking of Decade... Where did he even go? He just spontaneously stopped appearing.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

At least on Geiz's end, the implication seems pretty strong that he becomes Revive to prevent Tsukuyomi from dying in the bus crash. Whether he believes Tsukuyomi was there because he wouldn't step up or whatever other reason, it seems clear to me he's there to save her. Yeah, it could have been spelled out better
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I'm not sure of the exact details. Like I said, I feel like we will learn at least a few more details later.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Rejoice, for the foretold fanfic of the future evil demon king Sougo Tokiwa and his high school club of supporters has arrived! It is The Melancholy of Sougo Tokiwa! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13233129/1/

Dengar wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:48 am Speaking of Decade... Where did he even go? He just spontaneously stopped appearing.
The actor who plays Decade has been busy with a live action stage musical for Garo.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

decadddiooo decadiooooo!!!

Yayyyy I mean it's cool Kuro is getting his rider form and all but morree Decaddde!!! I predict Another Kabuto is right around the corner.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I also liked how she parks the Time Mazin in a garage.

And by that I mean someone in production decided that they needed to bother doing that.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”