KR Build the Movie: Be the One released

A genius Rider who builds everything.
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Build Wiki Link

< Ex-Aid | Build | Zi-O >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:29 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆☆
14%
☆☆☆
29%
☆☆
57%
No votes

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Build the Movie: Be the One released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... Be_The_One

Wow, what a fucking mess. Like all the problems of the series compressed to an extent that the good stuff "the characters interacting" was strained out since most of them were imprisoned or mind controlled for most the movie.

-Convoluted story, not enough conspiracy in the main plot? Let's add another layer of manipulation from new bad guys we've never heard of before
-Fight scenes that last too long? For a movie that's only an hour long, man do some of those fight scenes seem to drag. What the heck is even going on in that atrocity of CGI mess between Rabbit/Dragon and the bad guy at the end?
-But worse than the fight scenes were the ponderous 10 minutes of doubt and Sento literally arguing with himself
-Also hate that the Build trope of beating something to death. Banjou, learn something new about your girlfriend's death. Grease, go hang out with your dead crows. Gentoku, think about your dead dad. Sawa, stand there and prop Misora up. I like these characters a lot, I wish they could just be people and not just the one thing that's their character trait.
-Who was filming the fight at the center of the Earth for the people to watch on the big screen?

Also, it really feels like they fucked up the combination Rider. W works because both guys work together as a team. Sento and Banjou squabble, but at heart like each other. It would have been nice if it was their unity that created the miracle rather than just Sento accidentally swallowing Banjou up in his transformation.

Same thing with the fight. They should be working together for a common goal. But really, it's mostly just Sento thinking about his dad while Banjou chimes in to shout his catchphrase.

Finally, Sento is nonsensically transported to a Rider War in which Zi-O uses Build's power to indiscriminately kick everyone's ass and then ends with no resolution. The one real good moment of levity was Build fawning over the cute dogs. This is pinnacle worst writing for Build.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Build the Movie: Be the One released

Post by Lunagel »

Running! The Movie

There were a few good parts, the camerawork was occasionally quite innovative, especially that overhead drone shot that turned into a handheld shot (wow how many takes did that take?) but it seems like they didn't have much of a story to work with. About half of it is random fighting/running and the Blood are boring, uninspired villains who want to destroy the universe because.......? What little character interaction we had was pretty fun but the rest just got bogged down in dullness.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The thing that annoys me the most about this movie is the Blood race. If other aliens like Evolt exist, they should have been late stage antagonists rather than Evolt cell clones.

Take out the Dad Arc and replace them with some actual Blood Clan antagonists and I feel that Build flows a lot better in the latter half.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I enjoyed the movie... But I don't really have anything to say to the criticisms. They're totally correct.
Especially the original villains... Who didn't really seem all that original, and the fact that they just come out of nowhere is... It's kinda like the Legendorga in Kiva.

I know Foundation X aren't the most interesting, but the fact that they exist is ever so useful if you need a movie villain. Just pull one out of the X shaped box.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Foundation X works best for crossovers though. It's nice that they can draw on Builds on lore for stuff like this.

It's just classic series/movie separation. Like Ghost would be a lot more interesting if some of the brother/father stuff from the movies was in the series. If more Evolt like aliens exist, why not have them in series?
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

build going "I am a fucking idiot" was the best scene of the damn thing.

and that's it.

oh, takenoko:

if you watch, as build jumps down the rabbit hole a floating camera jumps down with him.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Sinkuu wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:46 pm oh, takenoko:

if you watch, as build jumps down the rabbit hole a floating camera jumps down with him.
Oh okay, well then I take back my criticism. That's good attention to detail.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

The only thing i can really note about this film, is The Blood from my understanding aren't new movie only villains, especially with their abilities, i believe that it is implied (admittedly through crappy dialog and lack of a decent writer) that Evolt is a member of the Blood Race which would make some form of sense given how Evolt came to earth through being a weird blob creature etc etc.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

It's just kinda dumb. If they were there all along but were never referenced in the show it just feels like being hoodwinked.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

This movie, like all of them, had a lot of entertaining scenes, but the story was even more of a mess than usual. It tries to tie into the main story but just actively makes it worse. I'd rather just ignore this canon-wise.

I liked the fusion form, and even like the comedic way it comes about at first. The following fight though, uh... I really thought these movies had gotten a little better with their CGI climaxes since I managed to follow the final fights in 100 Eyecons and True Ending fairly well. This one not so much!

So yeah, the chunk of episodes involving Lost Bottles and Sento's Dad that were clearly meant to fill time until the movie aired and passed by? Definitely weren't worth it.
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

I don't mean to necro-post
This movie I rewatched it and I see that it is canon and takes place after Ep 45, I thought it wasn't before.

Return to “Kamen Rider Build”