Ryusoulger 01 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:43 pm

★★★★★
29%
★★★★
13%
★★★
42%
★★
4%
13%

Total votes: 24
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger 01 released

Post by Lunagel »

Crimzonite wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:08 am
Lunagel wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:08 pm Aww man, I was really looking forward to the further adventures of Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask, and the one karaoke dude who had a crush on Jupiter.

(Srsly though, what crazy casting)
Erm, wasn't the karaoke dude the tokusatsu version of Motoki Furuhata, who runs the Crown Arcade in other versions of the story, and whom Usagi had a crush on? ^^;;;

Incidentally, I recall a scene in the '90s anime where Usagi daydreams having both Motoki and Tuxedo Mask holding onto her arms.
Yeah but in the live action he had a crush on Jupiter. They even went on a date
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:19 am
Yeah but in the live action he had a crush on Jupiter. They even went on a date
Sorry, I wasn't denying that. More like seeing it from the point of view of Motoki's usual role in the franchise, I guess?

"Usagi's love interests" is an odd lens to view this casting through, and I have no clue if it's a coincidence or a deliberate reference.
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

People have been comparing this show to this dinosaur-themed Sentai and that, but the one Sentai this first episode strongly reminds me of is Gingaman. There's a society of people hidden away in a forest, a warrior's tradition handed down through the generations, the enemy attacks just as the latest generation are going through their ceremony to become the new warriors, a modern human stumbles upon all this just as the chaos begins, and tragedy strikes the team which gives them a new drive to rise up against the bad guys.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

njb wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:32 am Question, why que bon and not que bom? The ン can represent either a terminal m or n right?And que bom does mean something in Portuguese (perhaps Toei wants Gratuitous Portuguese/Spanish, or a callback to Kyouryuuger) while que bon doesn't make sense in French, I think. Just my two cents.
I like that. It's closer to "boom" which is its pun. What do you think Luna?

Que bon is "It's good" versus que bom "it's nice". Hmm, that might be a stretch though
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:54 pm Wae, TOEI, wae, wae?! Wae
Oh, come on! You're really bringing "wae" into tokusatsu discussion? 😑

The whole episode went totally over my head. I couldn't make anything of this thing. The characters jumping in from nowhere, the existence of Ui, the death of the sempai, Tyramigo suddenly appearing, Green and Black not being there- seemed like a total mess to me.

But I must admit, the mecha fight was at a totally different level. The fight choreography was good, the camera angles were good, the sets were good, it wasn't CGI-dependent; everything was very pleasing to me. I'm just worried that it might be temporary, and Toei will go back to their old ways again. Hoping that this doesn't happen.
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:48 am
njb wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:32 am Question, why que bon and not que bom? The ン can represent either a terminal m or n right?And que bom does mean something in Portuguese (perhaps Toei wants Gratuitous Portuguese/Spanish, or a callback to Kyouryuuger) while que bon doesn't make sense in French, I think. Just my two cents.

Que bon is "It's good" versus que bom "it's nice". Hmm, that might be a stretch though
I dunno, I think I'd want a French or Portuguese speaker weighing in, I don't trust google translate
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

Great first episode!

At 03:40, though, there's a potential mistake that might want to be corrected for future episodes. Where it says Dinosaur Dragoon Ryusoulger, shouldn't "Sentai" be in there? Or squadron or Knights? I suppose dragoons are a kind of squadron, but it just seems like its needlessly confusing since we're going to be identifying the show more by the Japanese name. Just a thought. Dinosaur Knights Sentai Ryusoulger maybe? I don't know.

But I'm so excited for this series!
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

This sucked. First off, don't say the rangers are cool when they spend ten seconds charging up their powers. The special batteries were done last Dino Sentai and it really didn't wow me that time. While knights are cool, don't throw in campy dinos with Lego stubs on their backs.

Second the fact that people can find the secret village is disturbing because with great power comes great security. At least Gingaman lead you in a circle before giving up, but the "explorer" just walked in ready to wet herself from excitement.

Last don't hide the other rangers without an explanation because if Red is meant to be the leader, why were Green and Black already in the world ready to go? Introduce all the core rangers at once and then hint at others. I don't know how many this Sentai will have, but there are plenty of colors and cool dinos to choose from.

I have my doubts about this series and if the odd dancing at the end is any indication, camp leads to crap.
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

Snarkwing wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:01 am Not helped at all with how Several sentai series have come off as directly insulting and mocking towards those suffering from depression and the suicidal in the last few years (and even encouraging it in one or two of them), which makes this all seem as par for the status quo in what’s wrong with modern series that’s been part of its decline.
I don't know about the whole history concerning the forest, or how it's seen by Japanese people, let alone how its being used here by Ui -- but as someone who suffers from depression, I've never felt like Sentai was mocking those suffering from it. I get the inference - Zyuoh The World from Zyuohger, right? While he was hardly depicting depression and anxiety realistically - I sort of found him overcoming such obstacles as very inspiring and empowering! But I suppose not everyone might see it that way.

Not starting any argument. Just my two cents; Ive never felt like Sentai or Kamen Rider was mocking the depressed.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

erikhol wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:40 am Dinosaur Knights Sentai Ryusoulger maybe? I don't know.
So like Dragoon Squad or something?
msf232
Faiz

Post by msf232 »

I'd still prefer to avoid "dragoon". It looks weird, and most people won't get the pun anyway.

Knight Dragon Squadron Ryusoulger :-|
Finished:
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

msf232 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:09 am I'd still prefer to avoid "dragoon". It looks weird, and most people won't get the pun anyway.

Knight Dragon Squadron Ryusoulger :-|
I agree with this. Dragoon just seems to pop out of nowhere for most people including myself. I get it’s combining dragon and knights, but we’re also talking about dinosaurs. It would be different is this where a dragon season.

Doesn’t Dinosaur Knight Squadron Ryusoulger seem more simple?
msf232
Faiz

Post by msf232 »

erikhol wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:25 am Doesn’t Dinosaur Knight Squadron Ryusoulger seem more simple?
"Knight Dragon Squadron" is just a literal translation of "騎士竜戦隊", nothing else.
Finished:
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

msf232 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:37 am
erikhol wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:25 am Doesn’t Dinosaur Knight Squadron Ryusoulger seem more simple?
"Knight Dragon Squadron" is just a literal translation of "騎士竜戦隊", nothing else.
Yeah, but doesn’t dragon serve the duel purpose of describing both dragons and dinosaurs? Plus the show is about dinosaurs, not dragons
DidiZorba
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DidiZorba »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:04 am
takenoko wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:48 am

I dunno, I think I'd want a French or Portuguese speaker weighing in, I don't trust google translate
Brazilian here! We use "que bom" here as "that's good" (as in "So you're [...], that's good!") or "it's good" (as in "It's good to [...]"). It really seems like they'd go with "bom" since they used "Vamolá" in Kyoryuger, which is a common reduction/slang here in Brazil.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”