KR Zi-O 27 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:15 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
26%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
5%
21%

Total votes: 19
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Re: KR Zi-O 27 released

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

It's definitely the "current" Decade, he showed that with his ability to freely control the space/time distortion that got him and Tsukyomi out of the bus before it exploded. Only question is how he knew to be there and why, his giving Zi-O his power didn't really affect anything in the end since Zi-O II is now the prevalent power-up. Geiz is flailing in terms of character again, he's gonna end up using up his own life before he even gets a chance to really fight Sougo at this rate. Schwartz being the mastermind is just another "duh" moment, nothing to write home about at this point. Guessing all the other kids just freaking die since Sougo is obviously the one slated to be Zi-O, though I'm sure there's some far-fetched reasoning why Hiryuu makes it back.

We've also sailed far and beyond any connection to the whole "Zi-O needs all the Rider Watches to be complete" thing, doubtful they're going to segue back to Legacy Rider cameos now.
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

kangchan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:41 pm

In my opinion, Sougo and Geiz are worst characters development so far in Rider, with boring acting. Sougo is protagonist of this series, but he is faint, not outstanding, look like a background character.
Sougo and Geiz have quickly become some of my favorites in the franchise really. Sougo looks unassuming on the first glance, but there is so much more to him. He looks like an idiot with a strange dream at first that has no idea what his dream means and how he is gonna achieve it, but the series shows more and more of who he really is. And that is a smart young man with the dream of making the world a better place, someone who is willing to accept his own faults and shows great effort in helping others. Someone who would rather hide his true feelings and always be nice than to upset others. He can read others like a book and he uses that to help everyone around him, even if it endangers his dream.

Geiz, on the other hand, wanted to be pretty much the terminator, but his sense of right prevented him from killing an innocent kid and over the course of the show he grew to be his friend and was the one that stuck with Sougo the most and best of all, you can see every step in that relationship that feels extremely natural and is in my opinion on a similar level to Sento and Banjo. I totally buy into their friendship so every time it's challenged is something that holds me on the edge of my seat.

I generally like characters where you can peel back the layers and discover new things about them, and both Sougo and Geiz remind me strongly of my favorite Rider, Haruto Soma.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

The writers of the series seem to be having fun teasing the baby face turns of Ora and Heure. However (against all logic for a show aimed at kids) I predict that Heure will turn on Black Woz within the next couple of episodes. Even though if you look at the series from the outside Heure and Ora are heroes trying to prevent a dystopian future by any means necessary, the series has portrayed them as so evil that they should appear and do the Team Rocket boast.

If Black Woz turns out to be the final boss big evil, then they should foreshadow it in the clumsiest way possible: have Black Woz rent Sougo's Uncle's spare room and turn the clock repair shop into a coffee shop.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I agree with you for Geiz. I think that Sougo as you describe him would be a great character, but something about the implementation doesn't work for me.

Don't get me wrong, I love an affable doofus who has a facade of foolishness but is actually really competent. I just don't think they do a good job making a real case that Sougo is as canny as they want him to be. There's good moments like in episode 13 when he wins over Geiz or when he becomes Zi-O II. But then they do clumsy stuff like Geiz telling the audience "Wow, Sougo totally outstrategized me" that come off as eye rolly.
Layton13
Infinity

Post by Layton13 »

takenoko wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:40 am I agree with you for Geiz. I think that Sougo as you describe him would be a great character, but something about the implementation doesn't work for me.

Don't get me wrong, I love an affable doofus who has a facade of foolishness but is actually really competent. I just don't think they do a good job making a real case that Sougo is as canny as they want him to be. There's good moments like in episode 13 when he wins over Geiz or when he becomes Zi-O II. But then they do clumsy stuff like Geiz telling the audience "Wow, Sougo totally outstrategized me" that come off as eye rolly.
Fair enough, it's not like I don't have the characters that just don't work for me, like Baron. That is just natural. I personally like Sougo's portrait, but you are very much open to your own opinion.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah people like different things, I know Baron's pretty divisive, but he worked for me. Anyway, it's not like I hate the show, I just find it a little wanting sometimes. I just wanted to understand what you liked about the show, so thanks for explaining that.
Layton13
Infinity

Post by Layton13 »

takenoko wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:19 pm Yeah people like different things, I know Baron's pretty divisive, but he worked for me. Anyway, it's not like I hate the show, I just find it a little wanting sometimes. I just wanted to understand what you liked about the show, so thanks for explaining that.
No problem, it's always fun to discuss different opinions.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I REALLY liked this episode. It feels like things are actually progressing. I actually didn't see Schwartz being the one to start this mess. And seeing White Woz get humiliated was rather satisfying. Uncle's scolding of Sougo was a long time coming. Maybe this will jump start Sougo's development. He is quite cunning and easily manipulative, someone who can be scary when he puts his mind to something. Unfortunately they focused way too much on making him a goofball.

Woz is still a mystery though....both of them. White Woz is a dick, absolutely. Black Woz is...less of a dick? I get this vibe that while he doesn't LIKE Geiz, he doesn't want to see him dead.

Tsukasa......God I want to know what his role is in all this.

Also, does this mean that there is a third timeline in play? One in which Schwartz didn't get involved? He went back in time to create Oma Zi-O meaning that there's a timeline where Sougo never became Zi-O at all. Or perhaps I'm thinking too much into this....
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

What if... this is all build up to a weird punchline where Zi-O is the bad guy and all that and Decade beats him to save this world. This is one long episode of Decade where Decade wins in the end.
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."

Post by snowking666 »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:38 pm I REALLY liked this episode. It feels like things are actually progressing. I actually didn't see Schwartz being the one to start this mess. And seeing White Woz get humiliated was rather satisfying. Uncle's scolding of Sougo was a long time coming. Maybe this will jump start Sougo's development. He is quite cunning and easily manipulative, someone who can be scary when he puts his mind to something. Unfortunately they focused way too much on making him a goofball.

Woz is still a mystery though....both of them. White Woz is a dick, absolutely. Black Woz is...less of a dick? I get this vibe that while he doesn't LIKE Geiz, he doesn't want to see him dead.

Tsukasa......God I want to know what his role is in all this.

Also, does this mean that there is a third timeline in play? One in which Schwartz didn't get involved? He went back in time to create Oma Zi-O meaning that there's a timeline where Sougo never became Zi-O at all. Or perhaps I'm thinking too much into this....
Schwartz didn't go back to create Oma Zi-O but it looks like his plan involve Oma Zi-O. The Schwartz in 2009 is himself at that time. That's why he said that is his first meeting with Tsukuyomi. That bus scene suggest that Sougo really is destined to be Oma Zi-O. However, Schwartz did not know who at the time.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

snowking666 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:39 pm

Schwartz didn't go back to create Oma Zi-O but it looks like his plan involve Oma Zi-O. The Schwartz in 2009 is himself at that time. That's why he said that is his first meeting with Tsukuyomi. That bus scene suggest that Sougo really is destined to be Oma Zi-O. However, Schwartz did not know who at the time.
The Timejackers are from 2068, right? I know 2009 Schwartz isn't present Schwartz...or rather, the one that we see regularly. For him to be in 2009 would mean that he went back to the time. His express purpose seemed to be finding the one who could become Oma Zi-O. However if Oma Zi-O was already a thing in 2068 then wouldn't he know exactly who Oma Zi-O was? I mean, Old Man Sougo built a damn statue commemorating his first henshin after all. The fact that he doesn't know points to timeline in which Oma Zi-O doesn't exist. Note this isn't the timeline White Woz supposedly hails from as in that timeline Geiz Revive specifically defeats Oma Zi-O. This would be a timeline in which Sougo never became Zi-O

At least that's the guess I'm making. The rules of time travel aren't exactly set in stone in this show.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Maybe I'm just in a charitable mood this evening, but I rather liked this episode. By no means was it perfect (see: everything that was telegraphed far in advance), but once you get past that, there were some interesting bits.

The big thing that stuck out to me (in a good way) was the uncle. Normally he's either the annoying comic relief, or at best a neutral distraction. But here we get to see the character be serious for a moment, and it's played perfectly. He loves his orphaned nephew dearly, but even he can see that Sougo is hurting. And he has to do something about it. It's a legitimately heartwarming moment, and one that is overdue. Sougo really has spent the last couple of episodes alone.

And hey, it's a power-up that slowly kills you! It's been a while since we've had one of those. I actually want to see where that eventually goes. Presumably they get around it; but then if not, I'm okay with regular Geiz. Geiz Revive is kind of boring to watch, mostly because a hand saw is just inherently silly and unconvincing as a weapon.

The twist with Kid Sougo actually being taken to the future was a nice touch. Given his eerie prophetic powers, I had no reason to think his "dream" was anything but. Instead, Sougo was actually there for Oma Day, and it should be fun to see where that revelation leads.

In the meantime, Woz's caper wasn't especially relevant to the main Zi-O story, but it was fun to watch? Out-wozing Another Woz with the help of Another Zi-O and Heure all gave them something to do, and was totally worth it both for Another Woz's reaction, and the quick bit at the end where it's clear that Woz has no idea how to fight as KR Woz.:lol:

Though it's interesting: even with fights at the start and end, this episode was actually extremely light on action scenes. Which is odd for a toku series almost by definition. I think it worked well because there were other plot elements going on (what are you up to this time, Decade?!), but it's a bit of a risk for a production that exists to sell toys. I like it when Toei takes risks.

However I think I'm already burnt out on Geiz Revive transformations. That was what, 4 or 5 of them in a single episode? :o
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Kuchiri »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:55 am However I think I'm already burnt out on Geiz Revive transformations. That was what, 4 or 5 of them in a single episode? :o
Methinks we only have a couple of episodes of Geiz Revive before something unfortunate happens to him to make him lose the power. Since more than likely he will be using it for Oma Day.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

But isn't Oma Day coming up soon?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool