Ryusoulger 03 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:22 pm

★★★★★
No votes
★★★★
19%
★★★
25%
★★
31%
25%

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 03 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.19 / 5 (16 votes)

Alt Title: Oui, oui? More like, non, non!

Sorry, I hate to be shitting on the new show, but this episode was tediously bad for me. I thought green and black having a hard edge might be a good balance for the trio, but green is arrogant, and they're not likeable.

I know we were supposed to be impressed with red's childlike innocent of declaring that he'll save both the single life as well as the many lives in the no-win scenario, but eh.

The action didn't even save it this time. The CGI looked real ugly.

LOL, the way the monster "caught" the sword was so goofy looking.

That's a bad gattai sequence. I literally cannot tell you what part the robotic knights provide in the fusion. Also weapon arms are boring :(

They don't even share a cockpit when combined?

Sorry, but Ui and Asuna aren't developed enough to make me care about them or feel anything during their moment. I really hope this series finds its footing soon.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger 03 released

Post by Lunagel »

*stare*

WHAT THE FUCK

Can we just talk about this seriously for a bit? I mean yes you have the sacrifice yourself for others plotline quite a lot in many forms of media but LITERAL SUICIDE ATTEMPT IN A CHILDREN'S SHOW. Christ almighty, who okayed this? This is a horrible message to send to children, especially in a country where the leading cause of death among elementary and middle schoolers is suicide. I can't even talk about the rest of the episode cause I'm just so boggled that they actually went there.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

This... felt different to last week.

I appreciate the effort to try and do something different with Ui, but Luna is right on this one. I doubt even sentai in the 70s/early 80s had anything analogous.

Asuna is great. Favourite character so far. Not very sure about what Melto was going about - it seemed to contrast with what he showed us previously - but it wasn't bad and I liked the moment with Triken near the end.

Green/black are driven by utilitarianism and I enjoyed how scornful of the others they were. Hopefully it will take a while for them to work together. I wish turning into stone was resolved in another way. The Minusaur costume looked badass and the Gorgon (Magiranger) vibes were there.

KishiryuOh Three Knights is cool.

Definitely an improvement from last week.
Behold the Emperor!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

As Luna pointed out, that's probably Matsumoto Hiroya narrating the Ryusoulger CD CM. Hmmm, always an interesting portent to things when that guy is on the Toei lot.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

this show so far dont seems any better than lupin x patranger.

maybe im just growing and need accept that sentai inst targeted to my age but i have good memories of some sentais like gokaiger, gobusters etc.

right now i cant like of any chars, can we revive masters and forget actual protagonists?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

*Whispers* Might wanna have another look at this line.

3 episodes in, this show continues to not thrill me at all. It's not even bad, I'm just completely neutral on it.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ah shite, must've accidentally changed style somehow, v2
Smart Jason
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kyouryuuger
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Ian Yorkland
Favorite Actor?: Konno Ayuri
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Revenge is sweet
Type: ESTJ Supervisor

Post by Smart Jason »

07:26, RyusoulKen effects mess up
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Is there some sort of deep seated misogyny going on here? Why does pink's strong form of armor include a ball and chain?

I think it was about 12 episodes too early to pull out the "we're friends" trope with Pink and Lala. Does pink think she is Hino from OOOs?
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:27 am *stare*

WHAT THE FUCK

Can we just talk about this seriously for a bit? I mean yes you have the sacrifice yourself for others plotline quite a lot in many forms of media but LITERAL SUICIDE ATTEMPT IN A CHILDREN'S SHOW. Christ almighty, who okayed this? This is a horrible message to send to children, especially in a country where the leading cause of death among elementary and middle schoolers is suicide. I can't even talk about the rest of the episode cause I'm just so boggled that they actually went there.
My feelings exactly. As much as i enjoyed kyouryuugreen being a collosal dickbag, i can't get past the "suicide as a solution" plot point 3 episodes in to this show for small children. ESPECIALLY when they specifically showed and named Aokigahara in episode 1.... What is the point they are trying to make here and is a children's show really the platform to make that point?
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

You know what would have been a better way to do this episode? Maybe twenty episodes in where we actually know more about Ui and Asuna... maybe after 18 or so Minusaurs that were dispatched easily by the rangers they finally meet one that they can't beat because of the stone effect. Black and Green mention that they could kill the host... and Ui overhears what she wasn't meant to. Also... the gattai is bad... I like the lego aspect and we possibly have more base combinations than what Kyouryu-oh had. Still... I'm not feeling this series.
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

(not relevant anymore)
Last edited by fartboy on Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

They just cramped three possible plot points into one episode, and how they possible went away with something like this, I don’t know.

1. The interaction between Blue and his robot was introduced and solved before we can actually care about what the hell was happening. It could be a set up for early character’s background but it wasn’t, or somehow brings something to the table but again it wasn’t, so why even bother to put that in this episode.

2. Up to this episode, they haven’t brought something that lead us invested in the character. The story of Ui and her father felt really weak because we barely know them. The dumbest thing is for Pink to claim they are friend but the flashback they use to acknowledge it was when Red said they were friend (which is also dumb imo lol), in the same episode. Plus, everyone already mentioned how sensitive suicide is in Japan, and I just want to add that Toei used that on a character that wasn’t properly presented, kind of low quality writing imo.

3. Green and Black’s introduction. I kind of wished they only focused on this or at least for next episode and give this episode to Blue and his robot instead. They were introduced as jerks, I am okay with that, but I imagine if the same scene happen about in episode 8 or 9, after we get more screen time and early information of them and Ui, it would be a much stronger moment imo, but obviously that was not felt by me in this episode.

I hope it would get better, I know Toei could, and they’ve done better. It’s the 4th Dinosaur theme Rangers and the previous three are really great, personally I want this to be also great.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

KRDangerousZombie wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:09 pm
Lunagel wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:27 am *stare*

WHAT THE FUCK

My feelings exactly. As much as i enjoyed kyouryuugreen being a collosal dickbag, i can't get past the "suicide as a solution" plot point 3 episodes in to this show for small children. ESPECIALLY when they specifically showed and named Aokigahara in episode 1.... What is the point they are trying to make here and is a children's show really the platform to make that point?
I am with you guys on this too. Trying to commit suicide is not something should be shown in Super Sentai series, where children are the major audiences. I really lose the interest to write what is good about this episode too. Sacrificing yourself for the sake of others is noble but doing it through suicide is more INSANE than asking someone to kill you. I would had it fine if Ui ask Asuna to kill her but trying to commit suicide is more scary. Oh and just wish Asuna had slapped Ui for her foolishness that is not even sensible.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

resop2 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:27 pm Is there some sort of deep seated misogyny going on here? Why does pink's strong form of armor include a ball and chain?
That is really reaching? I think it's pretty cool that at least the lone female ranger gets a big, forceful weapon as opposed to a dainty rapier or something.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”