Ryusoulger 04 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:18 pm

★★★★★
7%
★★★★
36%
★★★
36%
★★
7%
14%

Total votes: 14
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: Ryusoulger 04 released

Post by Dengar »

Sabertooths have been dinosaurs since all the way back in Zyuranger. This isn't new.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Dengar wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:59 am Sabertooths have been dinosaurs since all the way back in Zyuranger. This isn't new.
Hold on. While Zyuranger is a dinosaur sentai, its not purely all dinosaur mecha like Abaranger and Kyoryuger. You can see red, blue and pink have dinosaur mecha but yellow, black and green are sabertooth tiger, mammoth and dragon. Probably since the dominant type are dinosaurs they call it Kyoryu Sentai instead of Kodai Doubutsu (Ancient Animals) Sentai.

Surely sabertooth tigers and mammoths are animal in ancient times, that is true but they are not under dinosaur species man. Sabertooth are tigers and mammoths are elephants. Though for Japan, dinosaurs are dragons.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

hiro9796 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:19 am Hold on. While Zyuranger is a dinosaur sentai, its not purely all dinosaur mecha like Abaranger and Kyoryuger. You can see red, blue and pink have dinosaur mecha but yellow, black and green are sabertooth tiger, mammoth and dragon. Probably since the dominant type are dinosaurs they call it Kyoryu Sentai instead of Kodai Doubutsu (Ancient Animals) Sentai.

Surely sabertooth tigers and mammoths are animal in ancient times, that is true but they are not under dinosaur species man. Sabertooth are tigers and mammoths are elephants. Though for Japan, dinosaurs are dragons.
I don't think anybody is claiming that the sabertooth tiger is actually a dinosaur, just that Sentai doesn't care.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

LOL, I'm glad my stupid one-off comment sparked this debate. Accomplished!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

You could make the argument that neither Abaranger and Kyoruger didn't get it right either because Pterosaurs (and in Abas case, tupuxuara) aren't technically dinosaurs either.

I wouldn't mind if the team was ancient animal themed. At least there would be a bit more variety. None of the primary mecha for the team this year are unique from other Dinosaur based teams.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

They should all be feathered anyway!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Thats true. Slipped my mind.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I kinda liked the episode from an episodic viewpoint, though I felt the story arc aspects ended up suffering. First off, perhaps my favorite part of the episode was how Koh was totally unfazed by Towa's acting like a jerk at the beginning; we rarely get characters who react to essentially bullies with optimism and friendliness in media, so that was fun to see. (By the same token, though, I didn't find the Red v. Green gag while fighting the Minosaur particularly funny.) I also liked the twist that the dad was the one infected; hoping they continue finding ways to keep the story layout fresh.

Maybe the biggest problem I had with this episode was that I hardly saw any chemistry in it. From what little Sentai I've seen, chemistry between characters is a huge part in what makes a series enjoyable, but beyond a bit of Koh and Towa, no one particularly felt like they were bouncing off each other in the way that I saw in Kyuuranger. (Speaking of Towa, it does feel reeeally early for him to have his redemptive arc started.)

With that said, one does wonder if Bamba has a particular storyline of his own; between what could be an agenda against the castle guy and his comment on family, he could wind up being one of the more interesting characters.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Actually, it was already established that none of the Kishiryu are Dinosaurs.
I believe it was said in episode 2 by Ui's dad, which is why he was mocked in the first place.
The idea was that the Mecha Kishiryu are based on strange dinosaurs no one, except Ui's dad, found and he just happen to have called them Kishiryu because he liked the name when he heard it.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

I think this episode was just "Okay". honestly, either have Black or green actually go through with killing someone for the greater good and go from there or stop having them suggest it every damn episode to ultimately stop because reasons. it's probably the best episode so far though, it was heavily bolstered by pink pulling a face, green & red being idiots in the first fight, Ui not being in it and black's general cool demeanor. even though that demeanor gets smashed into the ground during the ending dance.

Edit : Thanks for the screencap take
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I really like the mech design... but I am seeing a trend I'm getting annoyed with... why have ranger fights if Luckyroo v2.0 is going to show up thirty seconds in and say nah.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”