Rider Time Ryuki 02 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Rider Time Ryuki 02 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Still feels pretty good! It still feels like a very good bite-sized Ryuki for the toku viewer on the go.

Still think Hagino Takashi is looking sexy with his look this time. I vaguely remember commenting that he looked like an old man in the Brave mini story.

So Tezuka and Shibaura as a couple. I think it's okay with maybe borderlining on problematic. Let's admit that we've been shipping Ryuki characters since the original series was out. If they had straight out gay characters in the original Ryuki, it would have been revolutionary. Here, the reveal that Tezuka and Shibaura are secretly lovers, then they go on to kill each other, it's not great in the 2019 lens in my opinion.

I guess we kind of know how this Mirror World is connected to Sara and Another Ryuki and the Zi-O gang, but still feels like there's a piece missing.

Based on the original series, I don't think this is the best Tezuka has been, but aside from that, this series is still pretty fun and nostalgic.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Rider Time Ryuki 02 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

You just can't get rid of Ryuga. He's like a cockroach at this point.

The gay lovers was just weird as well. I wonder if Femme was supposed to be one of the lovers originally but since she couldn't do it, they switched it to gay lovers.

I do like the credits show that Ryuga is the only one that doesn't have a mirrored image.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Catastrophe, I'm so sorry...

Not to worry, Scissors. Your death will not be in vain, for your glory will be immortalized via an upcoming DX Ride Watch of you.

Shit has hit the fan. Sara finally explains herself while Sougo's incensed with Another Ryuki's rampage. And the participants only have a day to end the war.

Ah Ryuga. Good old Ryuga.

Good episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

Thanks ! This fact about Tezuka made me think - What if he was ''more than friends'' with his friend, the pianist, you know, the one who was supposed to be Raia that Asakura broke his hands.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

o.0.....
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I can't say that Tezuka being as murderous as he was in this series is necessarily out-of-character since not only does he not have his memories, but this is written by someone who worked on Ryuki. But at the same time, it does feel a little off given that he was an unambigously good guy in the original show. I don't remember a lot about Gai, other than he was evil and a jerk, so I guess I've no problem with how he was here.

Also if he was going to be in bed with anyone, surely all of us would have thought it'd be Shinji, right?

Anyhow this special continues to be an engaging good time. Seeing the actual Ryuga and his finisher brought back a lot of sudden memories of Episode Final (still wished we got Femme instead of Abyss, even if she had to be the first to go), and I'm looking forward to the end.

Despite what some others have said or any official confirmation out there, I'm going to choose to believe this takes place before the episode of Zi-O where Another Ryuga and Zi-O II happened, because otherwise the characters going on about how Another Ryuki is unbeatable would be too ridiculous for me to handle.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

BreadToku wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:51 pm Despite what some others have said or any official confirmation out there, I'm going to choose to believe this takes place before the episode of Zi-O where Another Ryuga and Zi-O II happened, because otherwise the characters going on about how Another Ryuki is unbeatable would be too ridiculous for me to handle.
You mean after?
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

im more concerned about kamen rider gai become kamen rider gay now haha hahahaha ha ha.. ok bad joke, move along. im still shocked that they cold bloodedly stabbed scissors and then proceed to do that act, kinda fked up for a rider show but then again we had amazons, so..
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

takenoko wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:24 am
BreadToku wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:51 pm Despite what some others have said or any official confirmation out there, I'm going to choose to believe this takes place before the episode of Zi-O where Another Ryuga and Zi-O II happened, because otherwise the characters going on about how Another Ryuki is unbeatable would be too ridiculous for me to handle.
You mean after?
No I mean before, because if Sougo already has the Zi-O II Ridewatch, the one that lets him beat any Another Rider, then their whole subplot here just becomes a lot stupider.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

BreadToku wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:43 am

You mean after?
No I mean before, because if Sougo already has the Zi-O II Ridewatch, the one that lets him beat any Another Rider, then their whole subplot here just becomes a lot stupider.
Ooh...
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

There is nothing worse than on-screen couples with no chemistry, regardless of gender, and this was particularly egregious. Their kiss had all the passion of someone asked to tongue a cold dead fish. It was pretty clear the actors were uncomfortable, which leads me to suspect that maybe this wasn't in the original script? Or maybe they just couldn't come up with a better idea as to why they were teaming up.
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

BreadToku wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:43 am

You mean after?
Yes and no. Sure, he can break the watches, but they can just make a new one. The Ridewatch is more or less an anchor for the powers so they aren't stole again. The only reason they could defeat Another Ryuga was because Sougo convinced him to go back to the Mirror World, so making him inaccessible for the Timejackers. The only way to permanently defeat an Another Rider is to have the corresponding Ridewatch.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

You know I've seen gay relationships that didn't bug the crap out of me.

I'm guessing it's because this felt really forced and out of place?

Everything else in the episode was pretty hype though.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The fact that Inoue wrote this doesn't surprise me that there is sex scene between two of the riders. If you've read his Ryuki novel, Asakura is born in a toilet and literally eats shit to survive, so this was tame in comparison.

The Raia suit is a little worse for wear. You can see the backside of it is torn when he is fighting Gai. Nice to see Ryuga again.

I'm also willing to bet that the voice Ren hears is Shinjis as he's dying in the original timeline to stop the fighting.

Nice episode. Can't wait to see the ending!
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by kikaida »

Good episode . . . agree on most of the observations of the gay lover scene . . . I get the point - but was it really necessary? Did it really add anything? If anything I simply thought - oh, and there goes another politically correct in your face sexual innuendo that really doesn't benefit the story. It could be edited out and it wouldn't change the fact that two close friends tried to kill each other (and one succeeded) - isn't that what Ren and Shinji have been struggling with all along in the original series? Isn't that the struggle in Ryuki? Bother, is all that it is . . . it simply detracts from an otherwise good episode.
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”