Rider Time Shinobi 02 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Rider Time Shinobi 02 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

I really enjoyed this episode. It had a lot of things going for me. It was funny. The action was fine, got some decent ninja action.

It felt self-aware of how dumb this all is, and just had fun with it. And that's alright. That moment when he throws off his ninja clothes and there's a business suit underneath. And the moment he's away, he tosses his business clothes and htere's another ninja uniform under that. That's genius.

I also appreciate that it didn't overstay its welcome. If it's a 14 minute episode, please for hte love of god don't add filler to stretch it to 24 minutes.

I don't remember if it was this episode or something else I saw this week, but it's bad when you do a flashback to something that just happened two minutes prior.
BreadToku
Gabu

Re: Rider Time Shinobi 02 released

Post by BreadToku »

There isn't a lot to say about it, but I've got no complaints. This continues to be a simple, and really goofy kind of fun show, the kind of low-stakes series of cliches that you could only do when you know you don't have to fill up a year's worth of air-time.

It's been a while since I've seen the suit, but I'm pretty sure Dark Ninja guy is a recolour of Another Shinobi. That said, for what is suppose to be a generically evil villain, I appreciate he's not above being part of the zaniness and comedy too, like when he just casually recruits Hattari.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Another fun episode. Shinobi is in a pinch! Or perhaps that's a squeeze...

And homegirl's got some fighting moves.
takenoko wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:50 am It felt self-aware of how dumb this all is, and just had fun with it. And that's alright. That moment when he throws off his ninja clothes and there's a business suit underneath. And the moment he's away, he tosses his business clothes and htere's another ninja uniform under that. That's genius.
I got a good laugh out of that.:)
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Same as before. They're just having fun with toku. Like everything feels so deliberately over the top cheesy I don't think they even want me to take it seriously. It's just good fun.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I didn't particularly like the first episode but this one was kinda fun. They played with tropes a bit and it's nice to see StarNinja's actor in something where he doesn't shout every line. Plus the double outfit change was pretty hilarious 😂
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm of the same opinion as Luna. I enjoyed this one a lot more than the first.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

Honestly, i would rate this whole episode a 4/5 shurikens JUST for the double costume change gag. I also appreciated how quickly the sides changed in that fight.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”