Ryusoulger 06 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 05, 2019 12:55 pm

★★★★★
No votes
★★★★
33%
★★★
58%
★★
8%
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 06 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 2.91 / 5 (11 votes)

Alt Title: The Three Five Muskateers Knights

It was alright. Definitely some clunky acting from Wii and the three knights at the beginning

Still can't stand Koh. Like literally all his friends in the world are dying and he's just grinning ear to ear. You can set up a character to be cheerful and optimistic, but there's also a thing called "setting a tone". If Koh doesn't take this seriously, why should I?

Best acting of the episode goes to Asuna and Towa for standing up against Bamba. Bamba also looks very cool when he turns down Koh at the end (you can see Asuna making a pukupuku face too, very cute).

Hopefully now that they're a team, they can do some character stories. I didn't find Uii annoying previously, but she just shouts her line in this one. I don't know what the magic bullet that will allow me to like Koh would be, but 5 second flashbacks to Master Red isn't it. Also, it's still disappointing to have these cameos as the masters, and only get them in these brief flashback sequences.

Also, the Ryusoul villagers are all dead confirmed? So is the abbot the leader of the village or just the temple? If so, maybe Elder would be a better title for the guy.

Edit: Also, when you think of Kerberos, of course you think of there being two brothers instead of three. Because why would three be related to this.
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Ryusoulger 06 released

Post by ViRGE »

This episode was doing pretty well until right at the end. To defeat their first Druidon they end up using a RyuSoul they haven't shown before - and then it's "chubby" which makes you blow up like a balloon? It completely undermines the stakes of that scenario.

And I guess this means this is going to be a mini-boss season? Every couple of months they'll defeat a mini-boss and move on to the next...

On the plus side, I'm enjoying how genre-savvy Creon is. That and his fourth-wall antics are working pretty well.:) And Bamba tried to kill the host again. :lol:
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I am scared of sick Bamba.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:40 am I am scared of sick Bamba.
Come now. How can you be scared of this huggable teddy bear?

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Are they going the Ninnin route with the generals? With TankJou dead are they just going to gradually introduce new enemy generals?

I really don't like Sentai series that don't have a fleshed out group of enemies.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Right. The team is unofficially officially united, the toys have been shown off, and "earthquake energy" is gone.
Maybe some character development next?

Did Koh seriously just break that tooth in half? Wouldn't it have been easier to just rip it off?
How the hell did the abbot/elder buy a kebab van?
How convenient that the one Banba killed last time wasn't the same that bit Towa...
Am I in the minority that actually likes Creon's antics?
Catastrophe wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:54 am I really don't like Sentai series that don't have a fleshed out group of enemies.
That was probably my biggest gripe with KyuuRanger more so than Ninninger, though I haven't seen Ninninger since it aired so I don't really remember. Either way, hopefully it won't be repeated.

It's a shame they killed off Tankjou so early. Would've been cool to have a complete set of chess-piece baddies later on. Oh well...
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Probably my favourite episode thus far. It does everything it needs to pretty alright, and it doesn't feel as break-neck a pace as the previous episodes. Still so strange that we started off the show with Three Knights, and now are showing off Five Knights before the Main Pink and Blue variations.

Koh breaking off that tooth was really cool in my eyes though. They needed to go an extra step and show his arm bleeding from that bite, or at least have his sleeve in tatters!

I have to agree the fight ending with the inflate soul was... odd. I appreciate it wrapping up a little more creatively than just 'use finishing attack and make monster explode', but I dunno! This was the defeat of our first major boss, and I didn't feel it was entirely fitting. I wished they just kicked Tankjou really high into the sky instead. But I'm not super bothered by it or anything.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

CheetahLynx wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:52 amThat was probably my biggest gripe with KyuuRanger more so than Ninninger, though I haven't seen Ninninger since it aired so I don't really remember. Either way, hopefully it won't be repeated.
Ninnin had one general who was killed early (but not this early from memory) before introducing another, and then the others slowly trickled in (and the first general came back for a little at the end). The problem was you had the one active field general and the guy that makes the monsters grow and they aren't interesting to watch.

Some of the most enjoyable parts of Kyoryu and ToQ where that a lot of the plots of the week where machinations of the enemy generals more than anything else. It gives them actual character. I would argue that the Shadow Line where just as enjoyable as the ToQgers where as characters.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Creon's alright. He actually has a personality of sorts, and some of his antics do amuse me.

I'm bummed to see TankJou gone already. Sure, his personality was as flat as a board, but his voice was awesome and he had a cool design.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i do wonder if Bamba isnt very expressive facially as an actor, or if thats the direction for the dorector for his roll since even in the outro he's pretty stone faced while everyone else is kinda enjoying, or seemingly enjoying the dance. Twin minusaurs seems a bit complex for this early on and episodes 6 having a general be defeated. UNLESS its like Dekaranger in which there was no final boss per say and Creon is secretly the final boss right in front of us all along.

i do wonder about the Ryusouls they use because they are blue, pink, yellow, and white. while the rangers arent those colors, so i wonder if they had running changes but kept certain things?

Specials id like to see
Super Dinosaur Taisen!
could be a fun special or something with a nice story doesnt need to be ALL dinosaur teams but....

Ryusoulger vs Shinkenger
the Sword Swinger Sentai teams clash! Creon creates a Minusaur from a person who lost their spouse, and said spouse lamenting their death becomes a geedo and the 2 MOTWs start empowering each other. However the Shinkenger wont work with the Ryusoulgers at first because they feel the knights swordsman ship is too showy or lacks discipline or something.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:54 am Are they going the Ninnin route with the generals? With TankJou dead are they just going to gradually introduce new enemy generals?
It definitely seems we're going that way. Though the analogy I'd use is Kyuuranger rather than Ninnin. Rysoulger is almost exactly matching Kyuu's pace right now: the first general, a strong bruiser, was defeated on episode 5 when the team came together. Which, if this trajectory holds, means the next guy is going to be a master strategist with a moderately high pitched voice that our heroes can't touch.
takenoko wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:51 am I'm bummed to see TankJou gone already. Sure, his personality was as flat as a board, but his voice was awesome and he had a cool design.
Right? That was actually a pretty cool voice. That was the voice of someone who meant business (and could whoop your butt if you got in their way)!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

midorininger wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:12 pm i do wonder if Bamba isnt very expressive facially as an actor, or if thats the direction for the dorector for his roll since even in the outro he's pretty stone faced while everyone else is kinda enjoying, or seemingly enjoying the dance.
It definitely seems baked into his character. I think he's the one who's got the most acting experience previously, but maybe I'm wrong on that. But yeah, he's definitely a stoic type here.
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

Did I miss something? When and how did the village get destroyed? Or is this the first time it's mentioned.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

dryedmangoez wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:29 pm Did I miss something? When and how did the village get destroyed? Or is this the first time it's mentioned.
No worries. They never mentioned it in the earlier episodes and it is the first time they mentioned it. We do know that first episode the giant Minusaur came crashing but never shown the footage of directly destroy village or cities specifically as the Kaiju in Ultraman series.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

They did't really show the village did they? Or anyone living in one?

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”