KR Zi-O 34 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 19, 2019 11:24 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
15%
☆☆☆☆
23%
☆☆☆
23%
☆☆
15%
23%

Total votes: 13
BreadToku
Gabu

Re: KR Zi-O 34 released

Post by BreadToku »

This arc might not have been as solid as the previous two, but I thought it was perfectly serviceable. I feel like they did the best they could given that bringing in the original title character wasn't an option. Obviously I never would have asked to see Kiriya again, but if they had to bring him in, then I think this was a fine-enough plot that both calls back to and enhances his role from the show. Also I thought all of Woz's shenanigans in these last two episodes were pretty funny too.

That said, now I'm going to write my own version of this tribute in my head, one from an ideal world that would have brought back all the Hibiki riders.
Snarkwing
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by Snarkwing »

At least the Decade arc for Hibiki was written as an Apology from the guys who had No control over how bad post-staff change Hibiki Got as their work was regularly sabotaged and forcibly rewritten. There was a feeling of respect and completing the arc that was shamefully derailed past Hibiki's 30th episode. Yeah, Hibiki turning into a monster was a understandable thing to dislike, but it felt like they actually TRIED to give fans of it something better. As a result, it's arguably the best Decade arc, with the music battle at the end I've never heard anyone complain about.

This...This is just worshiping the crappy creator's pet of the producer that everyone with a brain hated because he screwed up Everyone else's story to glorify his own, which was plain-as-day transparent in how heavily that was done.

Honestly, it's an Apt metaphor for Zi-O as well, as the series has the same failings as Kiriya's entire role and impact that screwed up Hibiki. Him ever claiming Hibiki's name was the single thing that should never have been allowed to happen ever. As others have observed, since the character roles are very similar to some seen in my Hero Academia, it'd be like if All Might passed over Izuku to give 'One For All' to Bakugo, it just would not and SHOULD NOT happen.

Even if none of the main cast people liked (bar Todoroki's actor) wanted anything more to do with this producer, it's just shameful this is the way Shirakura chose to Retaliate, even if he has a reputation for being spiteful and wrecking the projects of those he dislikes as it is.

Suffice it to say, the Hibiki Fans who lasted this long are pissed and are dropping the show now from what I've seen on Social media. Contrary to Takenoko's statement (Unless, was that written to refer to Zi-O in people not caring?), people did actually care about Hibiki as it did have higher viewership than Blade, it just didn't sell enough due to it not being designed as a toyetic show to cover it's production costs and couldn't easily fit in new ones, thus leading to the staff change that pissed off the cast and fans like to pretend the content made after it didn't happen.
oh look, the viewership ratings for this and the last episode were 2.4% and 2.2% respectively. Apparently people figured this was coming considering Kiriya as a character has never been forgiven. It's almost as if everything the show is doing is kind of predictable. Which is just made worse when you remember that These episodes aired around Golden week, which historically has episodes run at that time get ratings boosts, not losses.

I feel like they're going to regret this come the Teased-to-be-coming Den-O arc, as they already used Yuichi Nakamura's cameo time.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Come to think about it, the last time time travel was involved to get Rider Watches was the Ghost arc.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

And the quality of the tribute arcs improves greatly when they don't do the poorly thought out time travel mechanics.

Who would have thought?
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:13 pm While not as good as the Agito arc, at least it was better than the first arc of tribute episodes.

Still doesn't top the Decade Hibiki arc, but mostly because that crab battle song attack was fantastic.

Preview
Spoiler
I like how they get Sugita to voice Ginga in the Kiva arc considering he voiced Kivat
I'm glad they gave Sugita a chance to stretch his many voice acting chops.
I REALLY hope they let him act out of suit =D.
I haven't seen him act IRL before, it would be nice if he got to be a IRL Kamen Rider (Even if it's for a tertiary rider like Ginga).
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

CheetahLynx wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:41 pm Highlight of the episode for me:

I agree, what the heck were they doing shaking around like that in such a goofy manner =D
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Lunagel wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:51 pm It is an absolute travesty, TRAVESTY I SAY, that the birthday episode wasn't given to OOO. Get cake man back just for the one line please!
Yes, sadly OOO was used early on the show... they also failed to make the cross over of the century between IWAE and Onore Dikeido!

Anyway this episode was really "meh" for me because I never watched Hibiki and for me this guys is Zeronos and nothing more.

I was hoping for "a great man" in the next arc but "he" is back and he is always a badass!... this is going to be good!
Final Vent!
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Kamen Rider Blade wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:33 amI agree, what the heck were they doing shaking around like that in such a goofy manner =D
My guess is Geiz REALLY likes the Trinity standby tune and Woz is like "Oh yeah I get to do the rejoice thing 8) "
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

CheetahLynx wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:59 am
Kamen Rider Blade wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:33 amI agree, what the heck were they doing shaking around like that in such a goofy manner =D
My guess is Geiz REALLY likes the Trinity standby tune and Woz is like "Oh yeah I get to do the rejoice thing 8) "
It was clearly an impromptu dance-off. They were trying to channel their inner Quill. :lol:
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

ViRGE wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:01 pmIt was clearly an impromptu dance-off. They were trying to channel their inner Quill. :lol:
"Dance-off bro!" :lol: :lol:
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Yuusha
7X
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider AGITO
Dreamy: Anna Nagata
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: SHAKA LABBITS!
My boom: Io Shirai
Quote: "Even if one evades the fangs of the Dragon by soaring high, they are drawn in by its furious winds, then are shredded by the claws"

Post by Yuusha »

I guess KR Prodction team will enver use Hosokawa again for Hibki and that makes me sad. I almost cried after Totroki made the comment about Hinaka-kun
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Yuusha wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:34 am I almost cried after Totroki made the comment about Hinaka-kun
Same.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I actually totally missed that when watching the video raw. So when I heard the line doing the translation I was like "oh wow".

For people who don't get the context, Hinata was portrayed by Kanbe Miyuki who unfortunately died at the young age of 24. It's really too bad since she had so much potential as an actress.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Kamen Rider Blade wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:33 am
CheetahLynx wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:41 pm Highlight of the episode for me:

I agree, what the heck were they doing shaking around like that in such a goofy manner =D
When you ready for battle but are hit by a sudden unexpected rave party.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”