KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Heisei Generations released

Post by takenoko »

>OOOs has two final forms and Super Tatoba isn't one of them. ((Or they keep on wanting to fuel the debate. Since they used Putotyra and Tajador as a final form in the last two OOOs appearances, so now having both during the credits that shows base and final forms is a rider kick in the teeth to those actually serious in the argument))

Considering Super Tatoba is just a movie form, I don't see why it'd be a contender for being a final form?

Doesn't seem like there's always a correlation? Seems like they always were the year the Rider was active, not when they were made. Up to a certain point at least.

Another Build (2017) Created in 2017 by Heure
Another Ex-Aid (2016) Created in 2016 by Ora
Another Fourze (2011) Created in 2011 by Schwartz
Another Faiz (2003) Created in 2003 by Ora
Another Wizard (2012) Created in 2012 by Heure
Another OOO (2010) Created in 2010 by Heure
Another Gaim (2013) Created in 2013 by Schwartz
Another Ghost (2015)
Another Shinobi (2022 written on left arm) looks like create din 2019? episode 17
Another Quiz (2040 left side of head) Unspecified time in the past created by Ora, probably in 2019?
Another Ryuga (2002 reverse on right chest) Heure forms a contract with a broken mirror, maybe in 2002 but seems like present day
Another Kikai (2121, left shoulder) Created in the modern day from Sougo's dream of the future
Another Zi-O (2019)
Another Blade (2019)
Another Agito (2019)
Another Hibiki
Another Kiva
Another Kabuto
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:44 am
takenoko wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:25 am I thought the Build characters were used really effectively here. During the making of, they start it by saying "This is Build's last movie" which is kind of a sad note. But with all the background signs saying "Last Heisei sale" and so on, this is also going to be the last Rider movie in the Heisei era, isn't it?
That's not even true. Both of Build's V-Cinemas came out after this. Hell, the Grease one isn't even out until November.

That was really disappointing, especially after the quality of the previous 2 Heisei Generations movies, but I suppose it's what I expected from Zi-O at this point. The first half was kind of alright, but then it really went downhill. They made the brave decision of trying to somehow have both Build's ending and the Build episodes of Zi-O co-exist, which is basically impossible. We had Woz entering the Gaia Library for no explained reason other than they couldn't get Suda. We have Another Den-O saying 2007 despite being created in 2000. We've got the convoluted AU where Riders aren't real, which was apparently a dream? Except Sougo can get there using the Double Watch he got from that universe for some reason. These 2 alternate timelines exist simultaneously somehow.

The Heisei finale movie deserved better. All of Build's movies had so much more love put into them than this. Remember last year, where they had a plot that made sense? Which then actually tied into the series' plot in a meaningful way?

Was nice to get the Den-O guys back again, especially Ryotaro.
Spoiler
The Imagin are all confirmed for episodes 39/40, so right now that's all I'm looking forward to. Especially as yesterday's Kabuto part 1 was terrible.
the staff means the air date. this movie will be the last in heisei era

grease and zio solo movie already in reiwa date

still wonderinfg if sato takeru will be back again for den-o arc
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

takenoko wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:30 pm
Considering Super Tatoba is just a movie form, I don't see why it'd be a contender for being a final form?
Well, in the final episode of Wizard (meaning the big crossover story with all of the Heisei Riders up to Gaim), OOO becomes Super Tatoba when they all shift into their final forms.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

RoxasXIII wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:39 pm
still wonderinfg if sato takeru will be back again for den-o arc
He was barely in this movie, no freaking way
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Kamen Rider is Eternal. Thank you again for such a wonderful job everyone
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Yep, this was basically the Kamen Rider version of Endgame and OH BOY did they go all out. This was the perfect way to pay tribute to all of Heisei riders while continuing Zi-O's story.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Crimzonite wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:10 pm
takenoko wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:30 pm
Well, in the final episode of Wizard (meaning the big crossover story with all of the Heisei Riders up to Gaim), OOO becomes Super Tatoba when they all shift into their final forms.
This is very true. Last I check, Toei still can't decide if Den-O's final form is Liner or Cho-Climax, MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!! xD
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It was a pretty good movie overall. I enjoyed the mystery narrative to it even though it was easy to figure out what was going on before Sougo (and even the Genius Physicist) did.

My main complaint is that the Zi-O/Build interactions follow Builds ending as opposed to whatever happened in Zi-Os Build Arc. It made sense when they said it took place in another world, but at the end when everything was corrected, Sento shouldn't have remembered Sougo.

Also, I find it odd that Ryotaro was possessed by Urataros the whole time out of suit.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

WannaFantaMan wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:35 am
Crimzonite wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:10 pm

This is very true. Last I check, Toei still can't decide if Den-O's final form is Liner or Cho-Climax, MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!! xD
Momotaros shouldn't even be able to use Liner Form!
Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

I'm confused is this the movie that was seen at the end of the Be The One movie? as that showed Build not knowing who Zio was and this being set after Builds finale.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It definitely takes place after the end of Build since it's after the first episode of Zi-O. It feels like the fact that Sougo says he's king and that Build doesn't remember it at the end of the movie seems to be indicating... something. Like he's reverting back to Takumi or something's going on.
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by kikaida »

not a bad movie (there have been much worse) - but I wanted to thank Davinci for the work - great job!
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
kikaida
IXA

Post by kikaida »

Ryouga wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:43 am I'm confused is this the movie that was seen at the end of the Be The One movie? as that showed Build not knowing who Zio was and this being set after Builds finale.
This has to do with the limitations of the imagin (Futaros) possessing Artaru (Another Den-O) . . . it's noted later in the movie and I think is meant to foreshadow the problems with character "amnesia".
kikaida
IXA

Post by kikaida »

SO . . . here's the thing I'm really wondering: who was the host for Another Double? Isn't there always at least (multiple in some cases) a host?
Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

I'm more confused as the end of Be The One showed a in progress battle and in Builds timeline happened before the finale due to the events of it but he references the finale in this meaning its set after the ending of Be The One and Build appears at the start not in the middle of a battle.

Evene with time related hijinks that can't be easily retconned.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”