Ryusoulger 11 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:41 pm

★★★★★
29%
★★★★
57%
★★★
14%
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 11 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 4.5 / 5 (10 votes)

Alt Title: I'm on fire!

Alright episode. Not as good as the last few episodes, but not as bad as the early ones.

The dad sleeptalking gimmick makes me think the writer is lazy again. "Here's exposition."

Notice there's a letter system. I wonder if it's a code for something again

LOL, Asuna just conveniently tore out the page. At least they're tried for an explanation. And the "Melto can answer it" sequence was kinda funny

What's with that weird triumphant music playing when that kid gets kidnapped.

"We found the kid already". LOL the pacing of modern Sentai

I weirdly like the chest piece, which is amazing since it's an ugly lump of orange plastic.

Oh the dad had the page in his bag the entire time? Do we need to start a "How convenient" counter for each of these episodes?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Ryusoulger 11 released

Post by Catastrophe »

I still think the dad is the robed guy in the desert from whatever early episode it was and he knows more then he is letting on/has an alternative personality that is the sleeping thing.

Liked the new robo. At least he has personality. Looking forward to the combination.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Pretty good episode. You could arguably say it's a Koh-focused one, which I think is fine since he hasn't really had much focus in a while. I really liked how Koh figured out that the big scary robot was actually just a softie, and that he managed to form a connection not because he himself is naive (though that probably helped) but more because he had an open mind than the others.

Also helping this episode's pacing was that there wasn't a mecha fight! I was almost under the impression that couldn't happen these days in sentai past some exceptional first episodes, but it was a refreshing surprise.

Though now I kinda wished all the mechas could talk, or at least displayed a bit more personality like Tyramigo does! I don't need all of them to be speaking characters like the Engines, but it'd be nice if every ranger had to form some kind of deeper connection to their personal Kishriryuu.

I actually really dig the look of the orange armour. Yeah it definitely looks like plastic when I stare at it for too long, but I think it's stylish and I can almost believe it really is radiating heat. It'd be nice if the others got to use it at different points too, which I feel like there's a better chance of that happening in this show since everyone has been switching around ryusouls a little bit since the beginning.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

takenoko wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:41 pm Oh the dad had the page in his bag the entire time? Do we need to start a "How convenient" counter for each of these episodes?
Why not call it 'Lucky' counter?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Isn't a counter a boxing term? I think the idea is supposed to be that the monster always has the perfect counter attack, so it's lucky?
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Sorry, not sorry.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

I find it odd that there would be a hospital located next to a forest, but whatever. This team continues to be rather competent as it took them like a minute to find the child. Although it does seem as if they're channeling Lucky when they use kikesoul and miesoul.

I can't wait to see what other armor upgrades they collect along the way. I think it looks pretty cool on the suit, better than the last two years at least.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

what was wrong with the Super mode for the Pats? aside from them using it once......

and i hope they ALL get a new armor to go with their new Kishiryu and its not just Koh getting them all, even if say Asuna meets and befriends the new mech, for example. but their team dynamic says that he'd be called on that if that happened ... if the writers remember that anyway ...
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

For as silly as the basic premise was for this episode - the mecha are all hidden away, except for this super powerful one which is running around a forest asking questions - it had a lot of heart. And I can appreciate that. It's something that Sentai still does well.

It's not a top tier episode by any means, but it does a good job mixing in a Koh focus episode without ignoring the rest of the cast (or worse, making them pick up the idiot ball so that the focus character can be hyper competent in comparison). And I liked that Koh outright apologized for what his ancestors did; it felt very honest. Meanwhile, as someone else has noted, while the pacing was still fast, the fact that they didn't shoehorn in a mecha fight into an already busy episode really helped a lot. This episode only worked as well as it did because the entire length of the episode could focus on the matter at hand.

I'm already getting tired of Wiseru, though. His plans are actually pretty good. However his personality badly undermines his threat; it's incredibly hard to take him seriously as a world-destroying monster when he waltzes around with the personality of a showman. Without Tankjou, the Druidons lack someone who can sell their danger on-screen.
Catastrophe wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:13 pm I still think the dad is the robed guy in the desert from whatever early episode it was and he knows more then he is letting on/has an alternative personality that is the sleeping thing.
Agreed. They seem to be setting up a twist here, even if it is a bit heavy-handed at times.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

I'm seriously getting annoyed at how they portray Koh as naïve but still surprisingly competent, no matter what he does (like even in the Melto and Asuna-focused episodes, Koh had to be there doing the job)

I'm now 100% sure that old man Naruhisa is that guy in the robes, but I also have the feeling that Toei will go nowhere with this build-up.
Spoiler
Gaisorg!!
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

A big Kishiryuu who likes to ask silly quizzes and is nice to children, even worrying what the particular child he's friend with will think when he's able to see him, I think Dimevulcano is cute. ^w^

Yeah, I have been catching up on the show and it feels like it's getting better.

I don't think it's weird that there's a hospital next to a forest, the hospital in my city is close to a forest.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”