KR Zi-O 37 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:17 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆☆
37%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
5%
No votes

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 37 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 2.65 / 5 (17 votes)

Whew, rough score for last episode. Was that the worst rated one so far?

This one was alright. The three guests certainly feel in character, but they don't do anything particularly memorable.

Come on, Japan. If a meteor hit Shibuya in 2006, I'd hope you'd have repaired it by 2019.

So... what's the narrative reason for no Kabuto?

From the notes:
-Opening to Kabuto before Zi-O opening
-Got to love that Sougo is still an idiot king. How quickly can you forget that the aliens disguise themselves as people?
-Woz doing the Kabuto pose

A few things to add to the Zi-O worldbuilding. They acknowledge that there are instances when Another Riders coexist with the original Rider. More Tsukuyomi stuff. Tsukasa's here, but only to take Tsukuyomi with him. Again, not a great showing for our guests this episode.

So is Sougo an idiot for not recognizing Worms or smart for walking into a trap, knowing Woz will save him?

Hopefully this is all setup for something cooler in part 2.

Tokuyama Hidenori is looking good. I know people said he looked old in Go-On 10 years after, but I think he looks great for his age.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Zi-O 37 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

The Kabuto opening bit was neat and even the episode title calls back to the Kabuto OP.

It's funny to me that the show is acknowledging the inconsistencies of the various timelines of the Kamen Rider shows now where it had the biggest offender in Build because somehow they couldn't remember there was giant walls splitting Japan in three parts.

I agree with Tokuyama Hidenori is looking good along with Kagami. On the other hand, Kageyama has put on some weight.

Preview:
Spoiler
I'm pretty sure that Kagami will become Kabuto which would be neat since he initially try to be Kabuto in the show.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I'm sure part of it is because the previous episode was so dreadful, but I really loved this one. The veteran riders are very prominent so far, the little callbacks to Kabuto's soundtrack was very appreciated, and I'm even kinda intrigued by the side-plot with Tsukiyomi and Tsukasa. Even with Tendou himself not being here, I'm actually completely satisfied.

It's been a long time since I've seen Kabuto and I never went back to it after finishing it, but Kagami was probably my favourite character and the Hopper bros were of course a wild ride regardless of how little they made sense, so I'm happy that this tribute focuses on them all in particular. Everything and everyone feels right as I remember it, even seeing the worms do their usual thing was nostalgic.

Also feel like saying this ahead of time, but not everyone can be expected to look exactly like they did after a decade or more, so try not to be too mean-spirited regarding people's appearance! I've seen some pretty uncalled for comments elsewhere towards Kageyama's actor.

Another Kabuto looks awesome, I love that it incorporates design elements from the worms themselves like the bony and grubby parts while still being distinctly Kabuto-shaped. Even with how much I love how it looks though, that scene where after he gets blasted but then emerges from the flames as Kick Hopper? That was too cool. While I'm on the subject of that action scene, it is nice that Ginga Finally still has more to show off after it's rather unimpressive debut in the previous episode.

And on top of all of that, I actually really, really liked Sougo in this episode, which is great because the previous arc really did him a serious disservice. He doesn't really care too much about the way Another Riders have been changing, and instead is just glad to see older Riders, which I'm sure is the same for most of us. And he's pretty darn competent here, not only in how he handled Punch Hopper in that first fight, but also how he purposefully went into that 'trap'. Finally, his adventure into space and utter disbelief at the incoming meteors was very entertaining. I dunno, I feel like he was really at top form in this episode in particular.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Getting Kagami to appear is just as good as getting Tendou. He's more interesting of a character as well. Hopefully they tie off the loose end of the Hopper Bros story, I was always bummed that we never see Yagurama again after he kills Kageyama.

At least they are acknowledging some of the inconsistencies, although based on the fact they hadn't mentioned the another rider thing until now, it's obvious that they only just remembered. The Shibuya meteor being a big difference will obviously tie into the overall time fuckery.

Preview
Spoiler
Watch how the writers invalidate Kagamis character from the series by making him Kabuto.
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

As much I would like to see Tendou back, I very happy with Kagami and the Hell Brothers. Also, it cool he is finally going to become Kabuto after 13 YEARS !!!
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:15 am Getting Kagami to appear is just as good as getting Tendou. He's more interesting of a character as well. Hopefully they tie off the loose end of the Hopper Bros story, I was always bummed that we never see Yagurama again after he kills Kageyama.

At least they are acknowledging some of the inconsistencies, although based on the fact they hadn't mentioned the another rider thing until now, it's obvious that they only just remembered. The Shibuya meteor being a big difference will obviously tie into the overall time fuckery.

Preview
Spoiler
Watch how the writers invalidate Kagamis character from the series by making him Kabuto.
your preview is awesome.

theres nothing so bad that zio writers cant make even more bad aparrently.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

DAT HUGE ASS METEOR BEHIND THE BIG METEOR!!! DID NOT SEE THAT COMING xD I was really hoping we would hear Next Level again but have all of the Kabuto stuff replaced with Zi-O...a guy can dream can't he QQ
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Isn't the meteor twist the same one they use in God Speed Love though? At least it's a good nod to the movie.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

So...if im not mistaken, god speed love events ocurr before series and after kabuto get hyper zecter he time travel to destroy that meteor and then reality become kabuto series, right?

So...without kabuto in zio, writers smoked some rotten weed and use that plot on zio? But this dont make sense because another kabuto isnt kabuto replacement, looks like a continuation of kabuto...

Whatever, discuss zio plot is like talk about angel sex...i keep watching due curiosity about legend riders etc, sougo itself is so bland and uncharimatic, geiz is better but actually in overall i lose interest in see his char growing too.

Right now to me the only good points are: tsukiomy secret, oma zio and legend riders. Sougo, geiz even woz and timejackers dont make me feel any insterest. Writers just forget about timejackers to regress them to "creators of motw" and nothing more...
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I forgot how much I hated Kabuto's gimmick/story... the simple fact that the worm can take people memories and that they act like the real person is annoying. I hated how Kabuto killed Sandworm but was ok about leave Hyori alive...

Kagami and Kageyama both look really old but Yaguruma looks great.

Hope that we get to see Tendou (Hiro) too.
Final Vent!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Rejoice, for a fairly up to the minute new chapter of The Melancholy of Sougo Tokiwa is now up! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13233129/5 ... ugo-Tokiwa

And, face it. Could it be any worse than the previous arc Zi-O?

The next chapter should write itself with this current arc.

I would like to see someone with artistic talent draw Ora and Heure with Team Rocket uniforms.

I am still hoping that Sou Yaguruma is still cooking, and Tsukuyomi's appreciation for his mapo tofu causes him to turn technico. (And, Sougo tries some of the Mapo Tofu and fire shoots out of his mouth.)

It didn't bother me much that Shun Kageyama had put on weight since he was a beyond redemption, creepy chicken poop heel for the entire show. (He even kidnapped a kid!!)

If they can't get Souji back, it would be funny if Jyuko was the one to hand over the Rider Watch.
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's lovely. We miss you, Hiro!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I don't know. I don't think I was nearly as impressed with this episode of Kamen Rider Zi-O as the rest of you.

I've never seen Kabuto, so the nostalgia elements don't mean anything to me. Instead I'm in a position where I have to evaluate it as a Zi-O episode. And you know what? If you throw out all the fan service, then it's not a very good episode.

Overall the Zi-O crew actually does very little. They still have plenty of screen time, but they aren't doing much with it. At best it's a plodding setup to the second part, and at worst it's just keeping the plates spinning between Kabuto plot points.

Sougo: Let's walk right in to a trap without first doing any planning!
Woz: Let's have Zi-O go take care of the giant, extinction-level event asteroid, even though I just acquired the power of Super Space!
Geiz: My not-girlfriend is running off with a shifty time traveler. I should not follow her, and instead stand there and yell at her.
The Writers: Let's bring up some of our plot holes, even though we aren't going to fix them.

Admittedly, Sougo did get a rare moment to use his brains when he used his future vision, and I appreciate that (Zi-O II is still his best design). But that's a big dollop of frosting on an incredibly small cake...
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:29 am I don't know. I don't think I was nearly as impressed with this episode of Kamen Rider Zi-O as the rest of you.

I've never seen Kabuto, so the nostalgia elements don't mean anything to me. Instead I'm in a position where I have to evaluate it as a Zi-O episode. And you know what? If you throw out all the fan service, then it's not a very good episode.

Overall the Zi-O crew actually does very little. They still have plenty of screen time, but they aren't doing much with it. At best it's a plodding setup to the second part, and at worst it's just keeping the plates spinning between Kabuto plot points.

Sougo: Let's walk right in to a trap without first doing any planning!
Woz: Let's have Zi-O go take care of the giant, extinction-level event asteroid, even though I just acquired the power of Super Space!
Geiz: My not-girlfriend is running off with a shifty time traveler. I should not follow her, and instead stand there and yell at her.
The Writers: Let's bring up some of our plot holes, even though we aren't going to fix them.

Admittedly, Sougo did get a rare moment to use his brains when he used his future vision, and I appreciate that (Zi-O II is still his best design). But that's a big dollop of frosting on an incredibly small cake...
this is the almost acurrate recipe for every episode so far, zio cast is bad or not interesting. without legend riders probably zi-o has potential to be one of the worst seasons so far. even with legend rides zi-o already is bad.

how much people here care about zi-o/sougo development now? please sincere answers.
i really dont care about one dumb and bland protagonist and watch due legend riders etc, tsukasa screentime was my hope of anything good in this episode, see kagami again was nice but not enough to like this episode.

that atrocitous thing about sougo become in love with every woman who touches his face was just ANOTHER nail in the coffin of how bad is sougo.

the real villain of zi-o arent timejackers or another riders, the real villains of this series are their writters!!!

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”